xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bigboss

Nintendo Ds Coming To The Uk On March 11

Nintendo Europe has announced several details regarding its planned launch of the Nintendo DS handheld. The most prominent news reveals that the Nintendo DS will launch in the UK on March 11 at a retail price of ?99.Nintendo Europe said it will bring the DS to market with the support of a ?35 million marketing campaign littered with the slogan 'Touch Me!'. Nintendo said that it expects to ship a total of 650,000 DS units on launch and that each of those will come bundled with the Metroid Prime: First Hunt demo and PictoChat instant messenger software. Additional games will cost between ?19.99 and ?29.99. The UK launch on March 11 will be supported with the following 14 titles: * Asphalt Urban GT (Gameloft/Ubisoft) * Mr. DRILLER: Drill Spirits (Namco) * Ping Pals (THQ), * Pok?mon Dash (Nintendo) * Polarium (Nintendo) * Project Rub (Sega) * Rayman DS (Ubisoft) * Robots (Vivendi) * Spider-Man 2 (Activision) * Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo) * The URBZ: Sims in the City (EA) * Tiger Woods PGA Tour (EA) * WarioWare Touched! (Nintendo) * Zookeeper (Ignition) Nintendo reminds us that the Nintendo DS is also fully backwards compatible with all 550 Game Boy Advance titles. Furthermore, Nintendo says that over 120 games are currently in development for the Nintendo DS. Some of the future software titles to look forward to include: * Advance Wars DS * Another * Castlevania DS * Jam With The Band * Mario Kart DS * Need for Speed Underground 2 * Nintendogs * Retro Atari Classics * Yoshi's Touch and Go

Nintendo Europe has announced several details regarding its planned launch of the Nintendo DS handheld. The most prominent news reveals that the Nintendo DS will launch in the UK on March 11 at a retail price of Ł99.

Nintendo Europe said it will bring the DS to market with the support of a Ł35 million marketing campaign littered with the slogan 'Touch Me!'. Nintendo said that it expects to ship a total of 650,000 DS units on launch and that each of those will come bundled with the Metroid Prime: First Hunt demo and PictoChat instant messenger software. Additional games will cost between Ł19.99 and Ł29.99. The UK launch on March 11 will be supported with the following 14 titles:

* Asphalt Urban GT (Gameloft/Ubisoft)

* Mr. DRILLER: Drill Spirits (Namco)

* Ping Pals (THQ),

* Pokémon Dash (Nintendo)

* Polarium (Nintendo)

* Project Rub (Sega)

* Rayman DS (Ubisoft)

* Robots (Vivendi)

* Spider-Man 2 (Activision)

* Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)

* The URBZ: Sims in the City (EA)

* Tiger Woods PGA Tour (EA)

* WarioWare Touched! (Nintendo)

* Zookeeper (Ignition)

Nintendo reminds us that the Nintendo DS is also fully backwards compatible with all 550 Game Boy Advance titles. Furthermore, Nintendo says that over 120 games are currently in development for the Nintendo DS. Some of the future software titles to look forward to include:

* Advance Wars DS

* Another

* Castlevania DS

* Jam With The Band

* Mario Kart DS

* Need for Speed Underground 2

* Nintendogs

* Retro Atari Classics

* Yoshi's Touch and Go

50461[/snapback]

I'd wait on buying the DS for a while. I dunno if anyone else had this problem, but I had a few dead pixels on my top screen. Ya remember what happened with the Advance/SP thingy? Well, chances are, they're gonna find something wrong or say "Hey! Let's make a better version!" and re-release a newer version of the DS.

;) 99 pounds is pretty good, ionno, I think I'll buy some more games for the gba, this means however, that quite alot of gamers will be selling they're games to fund the epxpense of getting a DS, which means, Ebay will be full of great deals. ?_? I hope anyway. I'm quite happy for now, with my Limited Edition Zelda gameboy, mainly because I'm such a zelda fanboy. Speacking of which, any news on a Zelda DS game? Can DS games emulate N64 games? If so, then I hope that majora's mask is re-released for DS, because as it stands, it's the only game I can't get, because I have no N64..Another question, the DS is backwards playable? Correct? How far? Can it play the original Gameboy games? ?_? if it can, then , the psp has some hard competition. EVEN to day that old tetris gameboy cart kicks the *bottom* of most of these new games, but, I guess if you like graphics over gameplay, you won't like it. Any news on the DS's onine playability? ?_? I have a "hot-spot" here. >_> so, ya know, I could get online. In any case, pictochat looks cool, and could be fun. if you manage to find a DS owner somewhere.. which I wont.. be able to.. not to mention why should I go find one to sit down and say "OKAy.. you scrible in and I'll scrible back"Anyhoo, let's just hope that unlike the PSP the DS Actually does get released, and doesn't get it's release date changed.. :|So, in short, nintendo ROCK.. ?_?

I reccomend the DS for all of you. I don't have one. My friends have them and they are fun to play with, but I would prefer to buy a new PDA or something. Yes, ?99 is a pretty good deal. Right now, I think ?1 = $2 or so. Two years ago when I was in London, ?1 = $1.60. Shows you the change in our economy. It actually might be cheaper for you to order a DS off of an American site and have it shipped to your place.