xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kira423

Great Chinese Egg Drop Soup The Best Soup Ever

For those of you who like Chinese food, you are sure to agree that egg drop soup is about the first thing you order at the resturaunt, but it gets a little expensive at times, so here is a recipe for this great soup

This makes 4 servings

Ingredients

4 cups chicken broth, divided

1/8 teaspoon ground ginger

2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch

2 eggs

1 egg yolk

Directions

Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan. Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.

In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork. Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture. Egg should cook immediately. Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency.

Amount Per Serving Calories: 79 | Total Fat: 4.2g | Cholesterol: 163mg

Sounds interesting! Would you believe I never had it before, I haven't even heard of it. It looks like an easy soup to make, and I have all of the ingredients including freshly grown chives so I think I'll give it a try sometime this week. Thanks for the recipe kira423

I heard this for the first time. Another chinese dish that I thought is delicious. I am a fan of chinese cuisine but mostly a part timer as I prefer Indian dishes as compared to the Chinese one. Though it is fast and easy to cook the Chinese dish and at the same time there are too many roadside stalls selling the Chinese I alwas love the spicy Indian flavours. The Indian dishes are the best according to me.

I made this soup today. ;) It was pretty good and unlike any soup I've had before. I plan on making it again sometime. I especially like that it was easy and quick to make.

I am very glad that you liked it, and thank you for leaving your feedback on it!!! I am planning on posting some more recipes soon, I just want to look through the database first so that I don't re-post ones that have already been put on the site!!

I don't think it would matter too much if you did add a recipe that was already on the site somewhere. I don't really look through the recipes that were here years ago and I might miss out on something good if you don't post it!