xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

What Are The Best Social Bookmarking Websites?

social bookmarking is a method of advertising your website or blog contents to reach your readers in many ways. personally, i tested some of them and found that the best websites that put my blog in google search engine less than 24 hours are:1- twitter.2- digg.3- stumbleupon.4- delicious.5- facebook.6- reddit.these websites are doing a great job by presenting your website's latest update to their readers. they were useful to me when my blog was under sub-domain, especially during my blog's first days. and i am sure there are even more good sites that doing the same thing. all of us come across these bookmarking website someday, some stopped using them, some continue. to me, i like the idea of social bookmarking and continue using them after i get my own domain name. but the annoying thing is it takes a lot of my time adding each post in my blog to these six social bookmarking websites. i don't know if others feel the same, but i really take my breath after finishing doing this. and absolutely i won't do that and waste my time, if i know that it isn't necessary for my blog. now, share me your ideas.do you prefer using social bookmarking in your websites or not? why?which are the best social bookmarking websites you use in your website?

I use Delicious for bookmarking. It's quite simple to use and looks just like a directory, building the social aspects around the core functionality. Digg and other websites of the sort are social bookmarking websites and they do make it difficult for the average user to maintain a list of bookmarks that he or she likes. Perhaps a desktop application interfacing with the social bookmarking websites would help solve the problem of different complex user interfaces - something that DestroyTwitter, TweetDeck and other apps of the sort did for Twitter and FaceBook.

Facebook is one of the most popular social network websites.So , if it is one of the best social network service , automatically it is one of the best social bookmarking services.We need to say that social bookmarking is very important thing from Web.I think that all portals should implement their content with all these services.All the things we do and all things happen,all articles and photos we read,all comments we like - that is content should be implemented with social bookmarking websites.If you are a web developer , and you see web standards of popular websites , how much web needs this.I think good thing will be if this forum add "share" button to all posts.

i think you missed...Myspace..."

social bookmarking is a method of advertising your website or blog contents to reach your readers in many ways. personally, i tested some of them and found that the best websites that put my blog in google search engine less than 24 hours are:
1- twitter.
2- digg.
3- stumbleupon.
4- delicious.
5- facebook.
6- reddit.

these websites are doing a great job by presenting your website's latest update to their readers. they were useful to me when my blog was under sub-domain, especially during my blog's first days. and i am sure there are even more good sites that doing the same thing.

all of us come across these bookmarking website someday, some stopped using them, some continue. to me, i like the idea of social bookmarking and continue using them after i get my own domain name. but the annoying thing is it takes a lot of my time adding each post in my blog to these six social bookmarking websites. i don't know if others feel the same, but i really take my breath after finishing doing this. and absolutely i won't do that and waste my time, if i know that it isn't necessary for my blog. now, share me your ideas.

do you prefer using social bookmarking in your websites or not? why?
which are the best social bookmarking websites you use in your website?

I haven't used social bookmarking for long but I'd like to believe that Facebook would bring the best results for anyone seriously social bookmarking!I came across some guys who're using just Facebook and Twitter to market for services and they seem to be doing quite some good work. Things are definitely working for them and they have made close to US$10,000 in total. They combine their services with sms as well and are making a good name of their company.SO I think if you combine some of the more popular social networking sites, you're on your way to enjoying a good level of success :)

i think you missed...Myspace..."

well, i never used it before but may i will give it a try. thank you for mentioning that.

I came across some guys who're using just Facebook and Twitter to market for services and they seem to be doing quite some good work. Things are definitely working for them and they have made close to US$10,000 in total. They combine their services with sms as well and are making a good name of their company.
SO I think if you combine some of the more popular social networking sites, you're on your way to enjoying a good level of success :)

that's right facebook and twitter are the best. it seems like everyone now using them.

personally i like using the Deliciouse,,but does any people know how to make more people add as freinds? It is social bookmark,,but for me,i feel it is just for bookmark,,how to use the "social function" well?

recently, i stumbled upon this new feature in yahoo, it called "MEME" and i believe it works like twitter, check it here if you want https://www.yahoo.com/news/tagged/realestate
and you can use it if you have a yahoo email. i think it is new and not that popular, or mostly it is popular between yahoo users. so anyone here used it before?and what do you think about YAHOO MEME?

I'm moved out of reddit and digg. Digg is worst for various reasons. One good reason is that community rarely looks for newbie links and they only upvote the links from their known members which totally cleans the possibility of good traffic. Digg's new version is also less useful for site promotion. I doubt if it gets included anymore in ping.fm.Twitter traffic is only useful if you have too many followers. I consider 200+ followers as good result for your traffic. Any higher number for the followers will definitely help. But i found that twitter users are clicking less url's than they used to earlier. Stumbleupon is like "I2U-U2M" sceheme. This traffic is similar to entrecard. They don't click on your ads and you don't get any clicks on ads. Also they are aware of SEO and affilaite links. So don't expect much juice for your site. Though for beginners it can give good results of tandom traffic. Yahoo meme is less active network. There are some good stories but i yet to see any good traffic from it. Same is case with Y! buzz.

social bookmarking is a method of advertising your website or blog contents to reach your readers in many ways. personally, i tested some of them and found that the best websites that put my blog in google search engine less than 24 hours are:
1- twitter.
2- digg.
3- stumbleupon.
4- delicious.
5- facebook.
6- reddit.

these websites are doing a great job by presenting your website's latest update to their readers. they were useful to me when my blog was under sub-domain, especially during my blog's first days. and i am sure there are even more good sites that doing the same thing.

all of us come across these bookmarking website someday, some stopped using them, some continue. to me, i like the idea of social bookmarking and continue using them after i get my own domain name. but the annoying thing is it takes a lot of my time adding each post in my blog to these six social bookmarking websites. i don't know if others feel the same, but i really take my breath after finishing doing this. and absolutely i won't do that and waste my time, if i know that it isn't necessary for my blog. now, share me your ideas.

do you prefer using social bookmarking in your websites or not? why?
which are the best social bookmarking websites you use in your website?

my social network has a social bookmarking tool too. it even has rss imposrter tool for users.
http://www.lets-beep.co.cc/

currently i found twitter is not doing anything for me because i don't have enough followers, if you don't have enough followers (like 300 and above) twitter will not do anything actually i even could not find my tweet posted within 2 hours in google search! so i have disappointed from using twitter for getting more visitors. Digg is better, when i use it to show one of my blog post i get many visitors for related post but actually i found that some simple things like google webmaster tools are much more effective than Digg so i decided to not waisting my time with it too. But stumbleupon is just a magical thing for me, i got many visitors who are coming to my site regarding to stumbleupon i don't know what system exactly this site is using but it is very effective for me and my site traffic. i don't know if anyone here has used Diigo too but i should say its very nice too not as good as Stumbleupon but i think its better than Digg right now and getting me more visitors.

currently i found twitter is not doing anything for me because i don't have enough followers, if you don't have enough followers (like 300 and above) twitter will not do anything actually i even could not find my tweet posted within 2 hours in google search! so i have disappointed from using twitter for getting more visitors. Digg is better, when i use it to show one of my blog post i get many visitors for related post but actually i found that some simple things like google webmaster tools are much more effective than Digg so i decided to not waisting my time with it too. But stumbleupon is just a magical thing for me, i got many visitors who are coming to my site regarding to stumbleupon i don't know what system exactly this site is using but it is very effective for me and my site traffic. i don't know if anyone here has used Diigo too but i should say its very nice too not as good as Stumbleupon but i think its better than Digg right now and getting me more visitors.

i agree with you, twitter do a little of job if you don't have a lot of followers. but, you can fix that by a simple thing, you should start following people especially in the field you are writing in or your website is about and when you do that you will find that they will start following you too. well not all of them do that of course but some of them do, especially if you are writing an interested topics. and this way you will enter the community that will presents you to more followers.

also, try to use the button"tweet this" in your site, this will helps you to tweet your post instantly, if you want i can give you the code.

about the other sites you mentioned, i totally agree with you. digg and stumbleupon are very effective, but i didn't use diigo before, so i will keep that in mind and add it.

also, facebook is a great community. i must say i get a lot of visitors, feedback and even critic words from it. try it, it is so effective too.

Using social bookmark widgets will create a page leak and will lower your adsense clicks. Avoid them on your site and see the rise of clicks with adsense. If your user wants to save or share the link, they can find way on their own with or without those widgets which slow site down and are no good.

Using social bookmark widgets will create a page leak and will lower your adsense clicks. Avoid them on your site and see the rise of clicks with adsense. If your user wants to save or share the link, they can find way on their own with or without those widgets which slow site down and are no good.

well, it is not exactly a widget, it is only a button to post faster in twitter. but if you said so, then i will wait for your next reply and see. i know you are the expert here ;) so i count on your words. thanks for your help mahesh2k.