xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mandla

I Need A Picture Gallery For A Thousand Pictures Hopefully someone can hook me up with a xml flash script

Ok. Heres me writting fingers crossed wishing I should be so lucky.I am designing a website for a friends he has about 990 pictures of the family christianing. He has asked me to set up a picture gallery for him. MY inital plan was to set up a flash xml driven gallery with scrolling images that have reflection and are mouse sensitive the more you go left the more faster the images scroll across. similar to an Iphone. It doesnt matter if the thumbnails flip around or just grown in size when you put the mouse over.Is this clear so far?Ok now I have found an xml script that can do this but still im stuck what I wanted wasnt just a script to do this but a script where this would scroll acros the top of the gallery or below the gallery and then there is a large image where if you click on the thumbnail in the scrolling section. It shows up in the big section. I have founs a few scripts but the are only for like 40 pictures and this is a 900 picture gallery. Also I have found one that was able to do this but the pictures were cropped if they were portrait they didnt scale to fit as much as possible wthout distortion. So I would want something which if the photo was too tall would resize it proportionally. too. The thumnails have to be made from the origanl pictures being resized to thumbnails cause im not gonna sit there and create thumbnails one by one for almost a thoushand pictures. It took me hours to rename the pictures from the default DSC_1464566 to 1, 2 3 4 up to 995 so I ask that it creates thumnails automatically. If theres anything you wanna find out thats not clear please just post below and i will respond. I am not looking at using lightboxes cause they arent practicall for a thousand pictures. Imagine having to close a thousand lightbox windows that would be shyte

check this site, there is a good and easy flash image gallery called df gallery 2.0
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

you can see how it works in the site, just scroll to the end of the page and check it, good luck.

Web_designer thanks for that link. I had actually come across this site in my search but unfortuantely had just pegged it down to a small picture gallery because I had worked with the dfgallery before. The Version one was fine but it was the one which had limited pictures. It would only scroll when you click the link to the next batch of pictures and only aloud for two pages so that only worked to about 20 pictures or even less. When I visited the link initally I saw the version 1 and was like - argh i've tried this before and it didn't work. Actually I have tried to even find a work around for version one but couldnt get one so I amost gave up. But then I remebered that you have always given very good referals and because you did say I should scroll to the bottom of the page, I carried on reading only to see that they have version 2.0 just realease and i tried it on line with the provided sample. That demo seems perfect. If it works it will be perfectly whay I was looking for. I am currently at work now so I cant test it but will be home in a few hours and I will download and try it. I just really cant wait to try it. The imaging is so perfect and would match the project style perfectly.Thanks so much for you contribution and help.I just wish I could help you back as much as you have helped me in the past few weeks.

Edited by mandla (see edit history)

I just wish I could help you back as much as you have helped me in the past few weeks.

you welcome, we are all here ready to help each other in anything we can. and i hope it will work for you, if not these links contain a lot of galleries but in jquery, similar to dfgallery. i didn't test them yet, a little busy these days. but you can see the effect of each one from demo, then download the source code.

i take a quick look on this one i think it is easy to implement and same as df gallery

and this one too

good luck.