xisto Community
Ash-Bash

How To Get Your Site Listed With Xmarks!

Hello,I am about to tell you one of the biggest SEO tips out on the web at the moment!As some of you may or may not know XMarks is a addon for FireFox and chrome to synchronize bookmarks with other computers this service is free. Now after extending there XMarks addon further you can Google say 'Xmarks' and It will have something like #1 in XMarks with a rating where other Xmarks users have reviewed the site. Now this can make all the difference to your site/forums/blog whatever you may have and bring you in a heck load of traffic. Now how to get your site listed there:There site is based on users, really no staff are needed and no bots.XMarks site info is based on how many people have bookmarked the website. Once you have enough people that have bookmarked it then it will show up a few days later. So, get all your friends to bookmark the site and sync it with Xmarks installed! Facebook/MSN whatever just get as many as you can for the worlds best free and legit traffic!Hoped this helped!

thank you ash-bash, i find it very useful topic since i don't know much about seo and advertising websites, i am one of those that heard about xmarks for the first time. thank you for sharing, keep on good quality posts.

Web designer, I am very glad you have found this useful I think I will be on the subject of making SEO tutorials such as this to keep all of you lovely people loving me ;).

Thanks for sharing this Ash.I've used many of this kind of web services and i think they are really working.Can you explain where is this addon,where are websites listed and can everyone register?Thank you so much,TheDarkHacker

Can you explain where is this addon,where are websites listed and can everyone register?

you only have to sign up in this site

http://www.xmarks.com/

download the addon according to your browser, there are addons for internet explorer,firefox,chorm...ect
reset your browser to take effect, from tools tab you should see that the addon is has been added, and configure it by click on "synchronize now" this way it will make a copy in xmarks account with all the pages that bookmarked them.

and start asking people who know you to add the addon and bookmark you. or cross fingers and hope a lot of your reader will do that.

I have to try xmarks when I get my site hosted and ready to go. About how many people need to bookmark your page before it starts to show publicly? It looks pretty interesting but I am not exactly how it works and how effective it is.

I have never even heard of xmarks, so even if we had high rankings on that, how would it bring in more traffic if nobody uses it?Or is there something else it affects other than just the Firefox addon itself?More or less... Do you only get extra traffic from those who have the addon?

Let me try to answer some of the questions of rpgsearcherz. I'll try go in detail as much as possible. I don't think there is any detailing necessary if you've firefox add-on.

how would it bring in more traffic if nobody uses it?

If nobody clicks on link from the xmarks repository on web then this will only help to boost your ranking in search engines. Some search engine check social media and bookmarking sites for what sites are favorite by people. So traffic will be fetched only if that bookmarked resource gets rank high on search engines.

Or is there something else it affects other than just the Firefox addon itself?

If not firefox add-ons you can also use web interface for manually adding bookmarks to their database. Both these ways will do the same job of adding your link (which is dofollow) on their web interface.

Do you only get extra traffic from those who have the addon?

You get trickle of traffic if some people bookmarked your site on xmarks.

Let me try to answer some of the questions of rpgsearcherz. I'll try go in detail as much as possible. I don't think there is any detailing necessary if you've firefox add-on.

If nobody clicks on link from the xmarks repository on web then this will only help to boost your ranking in search engines. Some search engine check social media and bookmarking sites for what sites are favorite by people. So traffic will be fetched only if that bookmarked resource gets rank high on search engines.

If not firefox add-ons you can also use web interface for manually adding bookmarks to their database. Both these ways will do the same job of adding your link (which is dofollow) on their web interface.

You get trickle of traffic if some people bookmarked your site on xmarks.

Thanks for clarifying that. The thing about how social bookmarking sites may help boost SERPS was new to me -- I didn't have any idea about that. I'm going to guess that's why soo many people are worried about Twitter/Facebook.

Thanks for clarifying that. The thing about how social bookmarking sites may help boost SERPS was new to me -- I didn't have any idea about that. I'm going to guess that's why soo many people are worried about Twitter/Facebook.

I would like to add our backpacer sydney accommodation but was wondering how many people would need to bookmark the site http://sydneyterraces.com/ before it is listed.