xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Why Does Life Has To Be So Unfair At Times? totally meaningless post - not worth looking inside :)

I'm broke - that's the reason I came crawling back here ahead of schedule :PActually this isn't a good time for me to try and write something sensible, as my semester exams are round the corner (three days, to be precise) , and I should be dabbling about 'software testing methodologies' or 'microprogramming' instead of 'how to earn myCENTs quickly'But life is hard - I'm in no position to pay off the $7 debt with real money (my hosting account's been suspended already!) - and I have to raise the same amount for the next month as well; once the exams start I may not have enough energy left to login and make some posts which make at least half the sense that this one does....Oops, I think it's time to write something more sensible in this topic now - but I don't think it'll make any sense to others by reading about a college student's rant about how unfair life can be! :DBut hey, this is the vent, so I'm allowed to kick out all the bad feelings, and I'm assuming that writing over 200 words which don't make sense when put together is also part of that ;)To cut the long story short, this is just to notify you that over the next three days you may see a number of boring, illogical and meaningless threads in the forum. Please understand that it is a desperate member's attempt to raise some money that doesn't really exist :P

Notice from truefusion:
Moved from the Vent.

Tell me about it. Life is trully unfair. Someone once said life is like a deck of cards, you never know what you are dealt. But also remember what an old gambler once said. Know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run. There is no point putting yourself in dire straights for nothing. Instead of being reactive why dont you try and keep ahead of the posts. Instead of thinking let me write seven dollars worth of posts why dont you try and stay ahead rake up a bit of money in your billing by posting sensible stuff as often as possible. That way you can easily have 40 or 50 dollars in your billing then when you have a writers bloc or exams or have to go on holiday. that pot of money will come in handy and you'll not be under pressure to raise the minimum required. Imagine if you were to loose internet connection for a week. That means your site would be suspended again next month. So try and just keep ahead and save up for a rain day as they call it. Its a shame the pressure you are under right now especially with exams and all. I'd say stop worrying about the site for now and get your exams out the way. You can always set up your site again after a week but if you fail your exams it maybe be a year before you can take them again and I think i'd rather loose a week than a year. If only we could exchange myCents I would give you the worth you need for this month just to help you out but i dont think that is allowed here.Anyway good luck with the exams and remember if life gives you lemons, make some lemonade and soon everyone will be queing to buy a drink in the hot sun.

don't worry simpleton, as long as you follow the rules ;) after all it is a very supportive and friendly community, so if you are stressed or bothered from life pressure, feel free to post anything you want, and we are happy to help and read your posts. and remember we all have our bad times, or feeling depressed. that is so natural, but always we can depend on our family, our friends, or our close mates to help us pass it. in the other hand, all your hard working in college will be repaid as soon as you graduate and earn your degree. so don't panic, it is all a matter of time and everything will change for the better. good luck, hope i could help you a little.

Hi!@The SimpletonWhen going broke, many people turn to the Internet for advice and support, so you're not the only one out there. The only difference is that you aren't broke in real life and are only broke in the virtual world, so logically you would want to get from the virtual world to the real world for consolation and support.Recently, there was a post online about a 25-year-old guy who was divorced by his wife, he lost his job, and was living in his car. He posted about it on online and soon enough, there was advice pouring in. One poster suggested places to park the car while sleeping in it. Apparently, WalMart lets people park in their parking lots overnight while motels have security guards who check for folks parking their car and sleeping within the cars sometime in the middle of the night - the more the people sleep in their cars, the less the motel makes, so it is a kind of a business strategy rather than anything else. There are national parks that let visitors park for up to two weeks but nobody really checks for how long a vehicle has been there anyway. Churches are generally more sympathetic and let folks park in their parking lots while sleeping within their cars, so that's cool. One other thing that poster says is that parking in a bad neighbourhood will get you robbed while parking in a good neighbourhood will have the police paying you a visit and asking you to move. I wonder if there's a neighbour that's neither too good nor too bad.I haven't had to run into MyCENT bankruptcy yet, but I'm sure that there might have been other members who got onto the free web hosting bandwagon but then had stuff happening in their lives... marriage, kids, work and stuff of that sort that took them away from us. May they rest in a holy matrimony :-P

Lol - the car story is really funny. So instead of offering some kind of practical solution posters offered advice on where to park the car? That's really funny. Poor guy I hopes he finds a home soon.Anyway I've seen that compared to lots of other people life has been going on well enough for me, and the minor troubles that come now and then aren't anything compared to the bigger problems out there. So I don't think i won't be complaining about not having enough time to hunt for myCENTs anymore :)

I know the feeling believe me! I am in online college, but not for anything as advanced as you are, and I have 2 finals every 5 weeks for 2 years.. it sucks, and like you I don't have very much time to do everything that has to be done, I have fallen way behind on my site, and the release date has changed (again!!) Soo much to do, so little time, as they say :)

life isn't unfair. it just seems that way at times. and the guy living in his car is a good example. whatever problems we have, there is always someone out there with bigger problems. the key is to be grateful with what you DO have and not dwell on what you don't have. it's easy to dwell on what we don't have. i can make a huge list of what i want and don't have. that list would be a mile long and if i dwelled on that or let it get me down, crap.....i wouldn't get anything done!it's good that you are going to school and learning about the things you want to learn about. life is give and take buddy. always has been, always will be. can't have it all. obviously school is more important or you would have been posting. THAT is life. life is about the choices we make to get one thing we want more than something elsei don't know why this topic was moved from the vent. sounded like a vent to me! hahaha

So Simpleton, take heart, at least you are not as yet sleeping in your car! :) But I can sympathise with you. Sometimes it's really hard when you have so many things to do to keep the post up here. I know I have a devil of a time with it. And lately it's been really slow here as far as new posts, and I have been too uninspired to come up with brilliant ideas for posts myself. Wish I could find a few more dog breeders, or even farmers to join in here for web hosting, so I could have some one else to swap stories with. Oh, by the way, many national parks now charge for overnight parking. Rest area along major highways aren't too bad, or even busy truck stops may work. You might be ok in a church parking lot, but since there are seldom other cars there except on sundays, you might stick out like a sore thumb.

Just post whatever you want I guess. Just try to think up somethingthat makes some kind of sense. It's not easy coming up with quality replies to these posts, I'd be the first to know. All you can do is try your best.

Hmm a lot of people seem to have liked the sleeping in the car example! :P It's true not many of us stop to think about others' problems when we are complaining. It's really important to be grateful for what we have right now and we must be thankful that we are not in a bad situation. All it takes is a small amount of time for the good to turn into the bad. And since I don't have my own car yet, I guess I won't be sleeping in it any soon :)

Well life sometimes seems unfair if your decisions and and some part of life is dependent on others in some way. This is the case with real life so not related to online life.lol. You'll earn mycents slowly here and will be able to pay debt in short time. I don't know how fast mycents are these days and how much it is improved from earlier algorithm but looking at your big posts and topics i'm sure you'll be able to earn mycents if you post consistently for 1 week. How much you've to make ? 12$ for domains ? more ? or is it including hosting as well ? In case of domain one week of consistent topic creation and forum post should give you the mycent you're aiming for but i'm not sure about remaining for hosting. Oh and by the way i like sleeping in the car example Nitin. If you want to hear this type of story from real person then head over to warrior forum. There i've seen one member sharing his story in one thread about personal experience where he shared how he got kicked from Microsoft and got his US visa denied later got job in restaurant and somehow managed to sleep over bench of that restaurant. After 1 year of struggle he's working online as virtual assistant for voice-over job. I've saved that threads URL so i'll digg evernote to see where i've pasted it. :P You'll find many good stories in that thread about how people got broke and now managed to hang on so far. I'll post it if i find that. Anyway, simpleton instead of sleeping take some time to post on forums :)

I had this bad experience of mine with my boyfriend and my niece at Orange Peel a restaurant in Bangalore, which serves the worst foood ever.We went in for lunch in the afternoon, where they have a set menu for lunch. It was around Rs.250/person.First came the salad - Had nothing but lettuce leaves. But with the explanation in the menu i thought the salad is going to be exotic.Next it was time for Soup- It was carrot and tomato soup. Best food for anyone who is sick., reminded me of those days where my mom would force me to drink because i am sick.Then Main Course- there was a choice of 3 dishes one chinese,one indian and one italian.As we were 3 of us we ordered one of each. Have to say though better than the salad and soup, i would still say its bad.Dessert- Time for Dessert, thought finally something is going to cheer me up. But i was quiet depressed when i got it.A small piece of brownie which had like sprinkles of chocolate sauce on it. It was the best among what we had, but still not upto the mark. More like a homemade nut cake than a Chocolate brownie.Overall a very depressing experience, waste of money on the whole, and waste of the day as well.