xisto Community
web_designer

Where Are You Trappers?

If we get more posts = we get more mycents. And with those mycents, we are ripping off money from Xisto - Web Hosting, so its better we have less mycents, less posts. But thats what i don't get, if there are more posts, doesn't opaque get more money from ads? :wacko: Well, no one has reached 50 before, i think simpleton got until 35 or 45 but he couldn't finish it.
Either way, I haven't seen the "you can only post 50 posts until (this time)" for a long time now, for more than a month. Hmm... come to think about it, I haven't seen it since I became a KS/Trap graphics member... maybe that disables it or something. Haha, it's funny I just realize that now. Hmm... now to make alot of posts and get to 51 and laugh at the rest of you... in my dreams. :D

As per my calculation this site gets 30k-40k visitors and that makes it high in revenue stream. Imagine the google impression rate for ads in this site. You can also guess the kontera ads value. Opaque does makes money and from the looks of it top 20 posters mycents are recovered in day or two easily. Because we are writing content and driving traffic for this site. Look at all the forum sections which are targeted by opaque.

As per my calculation this site gets 30k-40k visitors and that makes it high in revenue stream. Imagine the google impression rate for ads in this site. You can also guess the kontera ads value. Opaque does makes money and from the looks of it top 20 posters mycents are recovered in day or two easily. Because we are writing content and driving traffic for this site. Look at all the forum sections which are targeted by opaque.

So.... OpaQue is basically running a automatic site where he doesn't need to do anything (except for the mycents of course) he just sets up some categories, and we just post something and he gets big bucks out of it.... For all he cares, he doesn't need to do anything -- we will keep coming back for the mycents. And even if we aren't there, he could make money out of all the thousands of threads that are already here. Maybe that's why he doesn't care that much :/

So.... OpaQue is basically running a automatic site where he doesn't need to do anything (except for the mycents of course) he just sets up some categories, and we just post something and he gets big bucks out of it.... For all he cares, he doesn't need to do anything -- we will keep coming back for the mycents. And even if we aren't there, he could make money out of all the thousands of threads that are already here. Maybe that's why he doesn't care that much :/

Except for the last statement which i quoted in bold everything is true about money making from automation and all. He does care for members but it's just that he doesn't get time out of life for this forum and members also give him pain sometimes. If we have mycent issue we can contact him and increase grace period sometimes for hosting and domain. No other community manager will do that but opaque does that for us. Not all is lost but just little Mycent which means a lot for some members like us who need mycents desperately these days.

Except for the last statement which i quoted in bold everything is true about money making from automation and all. He does care for members but it's just that he doesn't get time out of life for this forum and members also give him pain sometimes. If we have mycent issue we can contact him and increase grace period sometimes for hosting and domain. No other community manager will do that but opaque does that for us. Not all is lost but just little Mycent which means a lot for some members like us who need mycents desperately these days.

yeah mahesh, opaque does care for the forums and for us, his members. the real problems the past few months that he doesn't have enough time to be around here, chatting in chat room with us as old days or posting and contributing in discussion. i should say that, even i am the one who started the "where are you trappers ??" again because i annoyed im two days ago in a long boring pm telling him about how the forums is dead and needs its administrator. i did in spite of knowing that he is busy and he stated that before, but i am feeling so sad with this condition here. anyway, i must say i felt embarrassed when he replied to me and listed all the things he must do in real life :blush: . and seriously, he could count on us and be away for a couple of months and be busy in other life's things. but not more :D if he did we should find a way to bring him back :P . so i will keep my hopes high and wait for him to appear again.

If we get more posts = we get more mycents. And with those mycents, we are ripping off money from Xisto - Web Hosting, so its better we have less mycents, less posts. But thats what i don't get, if there are more posts, doesn't opaque get more money from ads? :wacko: Well, no one has reached 50 before, i think simpleton got until 35 or 45 but he couldn't finish it.
Either way, I haven't seen the "you can only post 50 posts until (this time)" for a long time now, for more than a month. Hmm... come to think about it, I haven't seen it since I became a KS/Trap graphics member... maybe that disables it or something. Haha, it's funny I just realize that now. Hmm... now to make alot of posts and get to 51 and laugh at the rest of you... in my dreams. :D

Well. those mycents are only ripping off money from Xisto - Web Hosting only if we use the funds :( You haven't seen it? :P Yeah, well, you might be right. Maybe it's a privilege or something. Damn. Well... I'm not talented in anything anyways, apart from being an addicted poster, so thats it, I guess. :P You CAN make a lot of posts, if you have the time and if you make the posts short. It just depends on the amount of effort you put in though. So... keep dreaming. :) You might get there one day.

@Mahesh and WD -

I know what you mean, he does "care" in a normal sort of way, but if you look at it... he all the mods and the admins haven't been online and active for the whole year ('10).

Moderators usually log in few time a week to check on the spam and stuff, but they almost never post anything. The Admins are even worse, both of them making 2-3 posts every MONTH.

I get it that BF is busy with something and Opaque is shifting offices are something, but how long is it going to take to make a few posts on the forum? Now, think about AAALLLLLLLL the threads we have made about the issues with Xisto, NOW, every few of the posts there get answers (like in a gazillion :D ) and the admin's never answer our questions and stuff.

I mean, seriously... lets take this thread as an example...

web_designer 18

mahesh2k 16

deadmad7 8

livepcportal 7

Nameless_ 6

The Simpleton 5

FouGilang 4

anwiii 4

kira423 2

Tramposch 2

Бојан 1

H.O.D 1

rob86 1

k_nitin_r 1

networker 1

Baniboy 1

-Sky- 1

sheepdog 1

Rigaudon

it was posted on 25 April 2010, more than 4 1/2 months ago, with over 80 posts, there are NONE of them Moderators or Admins. That's what i mean by nobody cares about the forum or what WE say. You can form your own opinion on this...

I have no complaints from most active moderators - rvalkass and truefusion and that's why i'll not say anything about them .They are keeping the place clean. I know rob from the earlier days of trap and i know he's busy these days with university and life. So no issues about these two. Rest of the others are just loging in and without any reply posting reply or thread and going out. I completely agree with they not being active for solving some issues i mean atleast 1 once in 3 months ? BH may be behind the scenes doing his part but you what is going on against him so zipping it. Yes our posts are also waste in such topics and there are also mycents glitches coming up these days. I'm not going to defend KS for this. I agree with your objection.

I agree. Rvalkass and Truefusion are good moderators. I guess its mainly the admins that haven't been online for ages that is the main issue. I mean, if the mods were online and everything, even when there is a problem and even when there are issues that members of the forum wants to get fixed, the moderators can't do anything but only delete, edit, copy, move threads and posts, and can't really fixed the real issues, then its up to the admins to actually come and fix things up, not just expect it to run by themselves with mods without all the power to help.I mean, even when there ARE admins online, its only BH, and the main admin I think is Opaque, who is never online. So yeah.But it's not like we can do anything.... I guess we'll just have to wait until they remember us again. :(

But it's not like we can do anything.... I guess we'll just have to wait until they remember us again. :(

lol..... I agree with you Nameless_ , they have just forget us, its been almost a week , since I am active again in Xisto, but, the entire time I am active here, I haven't seen any admin logged in even for a second. <_<
Now I think, probably we should send a support ticket to Xisto - Support asking where are the admins of Xisto :ph34r: .
Probably, they might tell us where are the admins lost in this world. :lol:
Also, mods can't do anything, they are users like us but just little bit extra power, so ks need their admins back then whether its buffalohelp or opaque, at least one admin should be active again.

But the point is moderators have access to admin much quickly than rest of the members. Some members even communicate with admin on IM. I don't do that and i don't want to bug admins every time i come online. But looks like we really need to know about the broken things here. Hope he listens to that.

But the point is moderators have access to admin much quickly than rest of the members. Some members even communicate with admin on IM. I don't do that and i don't want to bug admins every time i come online. But looks like we really need to know about the broken things here. Hope he listens to that.

hmmmm......who are the lucky guys to be in contact with the admins, and why they don't tell any of the admin to be active on Xisto?? This site really needs admin............

I personally have a suggestion for Xisto, which only admin can apply, actually I just want the "Recently Added Topics" to be extended and the list of "Recently Added Posts" to be implemented, like what was there earlier in old Xisto. I found that personally very useful and a really nice feature to have on a forum as a newbie, and I still likes that.....

I agree. I was just looking at the new threads and posts thing and I was wondering why the list wasn't any longer. :( It' be so much more convenient and stuff. :P We'll just have to get the mods to contact the admins then. And hopefully they'll come back to fix these issues and stuff. :)

That's cool sky, which host is that ? I'm interested in that. I heard recently that you had issue with VPS here. So i'm interested in knowing your new host. By the way you entered into spirituality niche ?

I sent you a PM of the host URL.

Yes I am into Spirituality. I figured since I couldn't get rid of what's been with me all my life I'd get an interest of it instead of trying to get rid of it. I am wasting my time trying to get rid of it. It won't leave. (since I don't live with my biological parents) I arranged a meetup with them around my area and asked questions. I found out that not only did I get alot of demonic issues, but my parents actually got the house we was living in an exorcism....they got the house an exorcism etc but the demon still didn't leave. I did some research on it but couldn't find anything. So I asked the demon instead. He said he's not only a Sumarian demon but also Assryian. If I am correct, that place is somewhere in Iraq, isn't it? So only Iraqy Priests could exorcise him. (not any Catholic)

I sent you a PM of the host URL.
Yes I am into Spirituality. I figured since I couldn't get rid of what's been with me all my life I'd get an interest of it instead of trying to get rid of it. I am wasting my time trying to get rid of it. It won't leave. (since I don't live with my biological parents) I arranged a meetup with them around my area and asked questions. I found out that not only did I get alot of demonic issues, but my parents actually got the house we was living in an exorcism....they got the house an exorcism etc but the demon still didn't leave. I did some research on it but couldn't find anything. So I asked the demon instead. He said he's not only a Sumarian demon but also Assryian. If I am correct, that place is somewhere in Iraq, isn't it? So only Iraqy Priests could exorcise him. (not any Catholic)

you can try assyrian and sumarian exorcism rituals to make the demon leave the house.
a prayer can be tried too.

yeah i agree with you guys, ravelkass and truefusion are the most two active moderators in here. thanks god they are working on keeping things clear here even if they don't post anything. i hope the others will do the same too, and the administrators be active again. well we all should hoping since we can't do anything but hopping :) .