xisto Community
web_designer

Where Are You Trappers?

I don't visit here anymore because of the lack of Member activity....wait, then why am I still here you may wonder? Probably because I keep my hopes up that this forum will become more active then it ever was. Perhaps I'm wasting my time. I don't post here hardly anymore because I have a better host.

That's cool sky, which host is that ? I'm interested in that. I heard recently that you had issue with VPS here. So i'm interested in knowing your new host. By the way you entered into spirituality niche ?

Well nowadays school, facebook, wasting time for the sake of it (ascending order) take up most of my time.Lately I've been visiting the chat in the evenings but there is nobody there anyways. Sometimes I catch up with chini there. It's dead (the chatroom, not chini), but it was fun as long as it lasted, I'll miss Xisto...The only thing that could keep this thing from falling apart now is a new idea. I do see that people need a fresh start, a blank paper, but you can still build that on the existing things.There aren't many topics to discuss about, but I do happen to have an idea. Apart from that, I see that most of the time people arrive to the forums through google when their search involves something technical/computer-related issua or topic. I'm not saying let's go all spam the forums with educational junk, but if you have something to ask about that is likely to be answered here (for example PHP questions, other website-building questions, programming, etc.), it could be a good idea to post your problem/question here (of course after you've checked that the topic hasn't already been discussed).oh yeah and a new name change probably won't help (hint hint)As for me, I wasn't super-active even in the old days... earned my bucks by generating debates and occasional commenting on random threads. I'm not good at any particular thing so I can't help with PHP even if I know it, neither python, graphics (not very creative), nothing.My point is, next time you bump into something interesting, a problem, a question and so on, you could help the forum by posting about that, especially if it involves technical stuff. But I don't live as I preach, so who am I to tell you what to do...

That looks like a good idea. I think only way to earn from mycents these days is by thread tangent posts. I don't oppose inea for the same reason. There is nothing left on forums to comment or post if one fails to get tangent. I'll sort things out with opaque from now on if i get reported for thread tangent. I tried with new threads but due to inactivity very few people replied to some of my semi-technical topics. I don't think this will help atleast from the set of problems that i have. but anyway we need someone to randomly create threads so that we can earn mycent. That is the only purpose i have on mycent because of the way forums works these days.

now these are a real disappointing replies but unfortunately all of them are true. the forum is dying and personally, i don't know what to do :(. school, life pressure, far away members and not interesting new members all those are a direct reasons for not even having a worthy topics in here. well i think the most active topics are topics when people debating and i hate such topics, in my opinion they take us no where :D.but i think bani's idea is good, i noticed that too,most of the visitors here are from google's or other search engines. sometimes you can't find any member online but about 100 visitor. and i think if we added some more interesting things here then it will help a little like adding new categories. like anime section, since a lot of members here are teens and they are interesting in anime then it will interest them or a category for member's websites, there we can add member's sites showcase, and member's sites where we can talk about our sites. and maybe this could be a good idea, because it will encourage members to post, to get mycent and add links or thumbs to their sites here and talk about them. this will connect forum's members more and it will bring more new members to the forum and advertise what kind of members KS has.

But the point is if the admins are not active how we are going to see the new sections or improvements ? we can't so only way to do is start creating topics. If there is no anime section we can still start in relevant section where we can get mycents. don't know what topic to come up but anyway i would like to see if there is any topic from others members.

But the point is if the admins are not active how we are going to see the new sections or improvements ? we can't so only way to do is start creating topics. If there is no anime section we can still start in relevant section where we can get mycents. don't know what topic to come up but anyway i would like to see if there is any topic from others members.

But you can only do that for so long, its all going to come back to "having an admin around" situation. Seriously, I think "why have a forum if you can't manage it"? A few days,weeks or months is OK. But half a year is just bull!

But you can only do that for so long, its all going to come back to "having an admin around" situation. Seriously, I think "why have a forum if you can't manage it"? A few days,weeks or months is OK. But half a year is just bull!

Well opaque has a choice to kill all of our hosting in one go by discontinuing the mycents if he wishes not to come back here. Then i guess the only mycent that we earned earlier will remain and from there we have to manage on our own. It seems to me that this forum is not giving him profit anymore and that could be the reason revenue sharing is disabled and admins are also inactive. And their inactivity also is one reason why mycents are low because admin has control of manual mycent as opaque said and if they are absent then opaque can keep script running which rewards low mycents. you know how much mycents you get don't you ?

i prefer to go either forum tangent to earn mycent or ask others to create more topics if i can;t. i don't see any other way to react now.

Well opaque has a choice to kill all of our hosting in one go by discontinuing the mycents if he wishes not to come back here. Then i guess the only mycent that we earned earlier will remain and from there we have to manage on our own. It seems to me that this forum is not giving him profit anymore and that could be the reason revenue sharing is disabled and admins are also inactive. And their inactivity also is one reason why mycents are low because admin has control of manual mycent as opaque said and if they are absent then opaque can keep script running which rewards low mycents. you know how much mycents you get don't you ?

i prefer to go either forum tangent to earn mycent or ask others to create more topics if i can;t. i don't see any other way to react now.

Yes, mycents are probably the only way most of us are using but even through that, its really opaque's decision. If he decided to close down this forum because (a) not gaining enough money (b)no real activity or any other reason, I won't complain --not that much, anyway. It's his site, his decision. We already have MANY examples of him using that power... I'm not saying its right and telling him to go ahead closing off the site... just saying that I wouldn't have a forum with which I don't spend time with... i would try to make it better or hand it off to people who can do better with it. My opinion....

It seems to me that this forum is not giving him profit anymore and that could be the reason revenue sharing is disabled and admins are also inactive. And their inactivity also is one reason why mycents are low because admin has control of manual mycent as opaque said and if they are absent then opaque can keep script running which rewards low mycents. you know how much mycents you get don't you ?

Hi mahesh, I really don't understand, you are saying that what mycents you are earning now is not good and really low, but, I am earning like average $0.25 for my posts :P For me, it is really good as earlier when I was active here, I was earning like average of $0.15 per post...... :(

So, can't complain mycents are low, or it might be possible that you could be earning more than $0.25 previously....and now which you would be getting is low

I wouldn't have a forum with which I don't spend time with... i would try to make it better or hand it off to people who can do better with it. My opinion....

I agree with you deadmad, I really don't understand the meaning of not paying attention to his own site, if this forum would have been mine, then first and the foremost, I would not have changed the site name while other members were not in favor of changing it. Secondly, whether other members would have been active or not, but, at least I would have been active in my site.

Hats off to opaque who are we to say anything when this site is his own.....he has full right to do anything with his site whatever he wants........

Hi mahesh, I really don't understand, you are saying that what mycents you are earning now is not good and really low, but, I am earning like average $0.25 for my posts :P For me, it is really good as earlier when I was active here, I was earning like average of $0.15 per post...... :(So, can't complain mycents are low, or it might be possible that you could be earning more than $0.25 previously....and now which you would be getting is low

Exactly. Earlier i was earning what you were earning previously that is 0.15 cents. And now even if post 8-10 post i get 1$. Unless i cross 16 posts threshold i can't get 2$ mycents. I can understand that despite of my posting on help threads i'm getting these low mycents. Not complaining for any reduction perhaps i'm no good for this forum. So i'm sticking my aim of only earning mycents from this site rather than talking about what is broken here or logo or board design. I'm going to spread myself within the region of mycent earning. So i'm discussing about earning mycents and how can we earn more by creating more topics. thanks to you atleast one topic is there.

Yes, mycents are probably the only way most of us are using but even through that, its really opaque's decision. If he decided to close down this forum because (a) not gaining enough money (b)no real activity or any other reason, I won't complain --not that much, anyway. It's his site, his decision. We already have MANY examples of him using that power... I'm not saying its right and telling him to go ahead closing off the site... just saying that I wouldn't have a forum with which I don't spend time with... i would try to make it better or hand it off to people who can do better with it. My opinion....

Yeah i know what you mean. I was just hinting you towards that possibility and nothing more.

Exactly. Earlier i was earning what you were earning previously that is 0.15 cents. And now even if post 8-10 post i get 1$. Unless i cross 16 posts threshold i can't get 2$ mycents. I can understand that despite of my posting on help threads i'm getting these low mycents. Not complaining for any reduction perhaps i'm no good for this forum. So i'm sticking my aim of only earning mycents from this site rather than talking about what is broken here or logo or board design. I'm going to spread myself within the region of mycent earning. So i'm discussing about earning mycents and how can we earn more by creating more topics. thanks to you atleast one topic is there.

i maybe have an explanation for you mahesh. i remember that i read in another topic that members who crossed 1000 posts or more, will start earning less mycent for each post. why i don't know?? :P.
and that stated by one of the old active members but i can't remember who is he?? maybe ravelkass or saint_mcheal i am not sure. so may be this is the reason why you are earning less since you crossed 2000 posts ;) . to make sure ask one of the old active members like you.

thanks to you atleast one topic is there.

thank you mahesh, you can expect me to create some more topics soon or later :lol:
well, here are some of my latest mycents earnings credited to my Xisto - Support account since my return......

Total amount credited: $2 USD, myCENTS: 32.39
Accounted Posts: 7

Total amount credited: $1 USD, myCENTS: 51.52
Accounted Posts: 5

Total amount credited: $1 USD, myCENTS: 12.52
Accounted Posts: 3

And, I am quite satisfied with these earnings :)

i maybe have an explanation for you mahesh. i remember that i read in another topic that members who crossed 1000 posts or more, will start earning less mycent for each post. why i don't know?? :P.and that stated by one of the old active members but i can't remember who is he?? maybe ravelkass or saint_mcheal i am not sure. so may be this is the reason why you are earning less since you crossed 2000 posts ;) . to make sure ask one of the old active members like you.

ah perhaps that is truefusion who said that. I don't remember though. Anyway i don't know why such reduction especially to old people ? do they want us to create another account to earn mycent till we get 1000 post again. sheesh this is really unfair but as usual such things happen here.

thank you mahesh, you can expect me to create some more topics soon or later :lol:well, here are some of my latest mycents earnings credited to my Xisto - Support account since my return......

Total amount credited: $2 USD, myCENTS: 32.39
Accounted Posts: 7

Total amount credited: $1 USD, myCENTS: 51.52
Accounted Posts: 5

Total amount credited: $1 USD, myCENTS: 12.52
Accounted Posts: 3

And, I am quite satisfied with these earnings :)

lol. no need to post earnings here. our earnings always differs because of the holy mycents.

oh keep on creating topics for poor KS :D

This topic has run into three pages so I think there's no reason to be disappointed anymore? :P;) I told you, just give the members some time and they will eventually come back :P

What Simpleton said.
GUESS WHAT. I'm BACK!
:)

And I love you all for staying with trap and are teh same people that I first met when I was confused about everything and stuff. :)
It's so great to be back. I hope I'll be able to learn how to program for real finally and stuff. Had some bad news about my site, but there is nothing I can do about it now :/
So yeah.

Reallly realllly reallly reallly sucks.

But anyways. :/ I reckon people that have stayed at trap for some time will always come back to trap... like me, and I always will, I think. :)