xisto Community
web_designer

Where Are You Trappers?

hi, trappers "or who left of you", i wonder where are the members i saw them five months ago when i first registered. the few last weeks, i was thinking that no a lot of members are active like before, but i wasn't quiet sure. a few days ago i found out many other members share me the same opinion, so i decided to write a topic about that and hear your opinions.may be i am exaggerating or something, but the numbers of new topics and new posts are prove that i am right. five months from now, i was entering the forums twice a day or more, each time i found new topics, new posts, even more people talking on shoutbox. but now, i am sure topics and posts are less than before. if i was right, this is a serious condition for the forum, and absolutely someone should do something about it. no matter what the reasons are. now please share me what do you think? if yes then we should do something, opaque should do something. if no and i am imagining then i will be more than happy about that.

I don't know about everyone else, but i'll be really busy for the next few few weeks. My AP US history test is coming up and we JUST got our books. I don't think i can cram 300 pages in 1 week T.TSo I'm studying like unbelievably crazy. I also missed a few days in chemistry and have no idea what's going on. I'll be pretty active once again after that during summer.Also, I was reluctant to post because I had exactly 100 posts.PS: NOOOOOOOOO!! 101 posts!!!!! It's not an even number anymore!!!

I don't know about everyone else, but i'll be really busy for the next few few weeks. My AP US history test is coming up and we JUST got our books. I don't think i can cram 300 pages in 1 week T.T
So I'm studying like unbelievably crazy. I also missed a few days in chemistry and have no idea what's going on. I'll be pretty active once again after that during summer.

good luck rigaudon, which you can pass the exams and 300 pages in one week in too much, but you can do it i am sure. and believe me i am talking here about these situations, we all have certain things to do. after all you are one of the active members as i think.

we all have certain things to do.

not me. i have no life ;) yea, members loggin' in have slowed down about a month ago. not two weeks ago. it was slowing down before the name change so whoever thinks it was because of the name change is mistaken(as far as members logging in). i'm not really sure about the guest stats. today especially has been one of the slower days though with less than 50 unique members logging in so far before the end of the day.

so i have a theory about this. it either means less members are getting hosted and leaving, or it means too many mycents are being given out where people don't feel they NEED to post or be here. although there has been some long term members that have been logging in less and less as well. if you look at the top 20 posters, half don't even log on anymore so it's a new generation of posters like ashbash and sky who who are some of the regulars now but warned several times and suspended for a week or two.

only opaque knows if the hosting account #'s are the same. if so, then too many mycents are being given out. if this is true, then this is an easy fix while still paying back to members in other ways. i have made several suggestions to benefit this place. i'm blue in the face now :P so i just have to wait and see. even the mods don't log in and post as much.

but one last things here, this forum, like everything else goes in cycles. it has it's ups and down times. always had but looking at the last 3 years, it has gradually been going down and down. i have a theory about this too. every since the social networking sites came on the scene, it has been the new age of communication. i have predicted the downfall of the typical forums for a while now and i don't think this place is the only one suffering.

the best the members can do right now besides staying active is to advertise Xisto on you websites, blogs, and social networks. if you are a regualr member, you should be doing this because the more active members, the more to post about. the more to post about, the more mycents will be handed out to the active members for free domain names and hosting. so if people are noticing the desert like experience here and posting about it, do something about it and advertise to your friends and your websites. i do it. so should you! i don't just complain and do nothing about it :P

so i challenge people to advertise if you like this place and it benefits you in any way. if it does you, it might just benefit your visitors and friends!

Hi!I've been on and off on the Trap... errr... Xisto. I've got to get used to the new name.I see a couple of the old members from Trap pretty active on Xisto too - Bani, Nameless, anwii, ... but, yeah, there are some others who went missing. I've been occupied with course work when I took up philosophy. I wouldn't say I took it up willingly as it was a required course and so I had to take it as a part of the program. Philosophy is not really my cup of tea so I had to put in a little more effort and cut back on some of the things that I love to do, in order to earn my "A". Keeping up the grade point average is hard work!Anyway, so what have the rest of you folks been up to?

the truth is, like maybe some friends of mine said, can't do much when it comes to a forum without our mother language.

oh that is just LAZY and insecure and it's getting the best of ya! you are a good poster for the most part as i pay attention to those things. and if you can't speak english too well.....well.....maybe people like me will give ya crap....but in a good way. home language is a good thing too but you know a little english for a reason so might as well be determined to learn more and this place is a great place to practice. you are also GREAT at welcoming new members. we get new members every day and we need you to to log in every day to welcome them ;)

well now how to say this.....i'm not the one with that much things to do so i guess i can't use "busy" as my inactive reason, and i guess "busy playing games" isn't a good reason either ;)the truth is, like maybe some friends of mine said, can't do much when it comes to a forum without our mother language. sometimes i don't know what to post, or even don't know whether i should post or not at all and just logout again lol... after all, i'm not one talkative person, and i don't have many idea or knowledge to post something useful here so i'm more likely to post some replies in someone's threads (oh, i'm already doing that while i'm typing this). trouble in typing 100% english and not-so-good in sharing is my problem, i hope the others don't =/then comes this hillarious slowly gprs internet connection (can't use my ADSL because i've moved somewhere else) that makes me doesn't want to go anywhere except my active sites and facebook page, and some of my advertisement forum. there, just got one "GATEWAY TIME OUT" in another tab. i hope i can use my ADSL again, though it's not that good, but it's still much better than this one :Phmm, i guess i have too much exploiting my laziness and weakness, so i guess i'll stop here :x

oh that is just LAZY

oh but that one reason is the real 100% honest one, considering my other thousands of non spamming posts in indonesian forum, well, maybe 50% or more of them are short comment/reply posts but hey i think that's still better than not posting at all ;)i've got used to the kind of forum "where you can just post whatever in your mind without thinking how to say that", well let's say if i want to post it here i have to go through some steps like thinking what to post - processing & translating - writing - previewing the post - (finally) post while i can skip all those steps in indonesian forum, make it just thinking - writing - post. hmm, or maybe it just me who haven't got used to this forum... wait i'll check my account stats in other english forums :P

the best the members can do right now besides staying active is to advertise Xisto on you websites, blogs, and social networks. if you are a regualr member, you should be doing this because the more active members, the more to post about. the more to post about, the more mycents will be handed out to the active members for free domain names and hosting. so if people are noticing the desert like experience here and posting about it, do something about it and advertise to your friends and your websites. i do it. so should you! i don't just complain and do nothing about it

well, that's a good idea anwiii, all of us should do that if we really love this forum. for me, if you remember anwiii i asked you about that before, and i pm opaque asking for his permission, but HE DIDN'T REPLY. so i get confused and till now didn't sure if i should advertise the Xisto without his permission or not.

@fouGiLang
even you said you are lazy or something, but i don't see you like that. in contrast, if you have problems with english language and you are suffering posting here, then i can't say more than WOW, GREAT JOB. because i follow your replies, you are posting good things here. in fact your english is understandable, at least for me. maybe because englsh isn't my mother language too ;) and if you taking a lot of time on writing, processing, and translating, then believe me it is just a matter of time. after a while you will used to it. as anwiii said it is a great chance to practice and improve your english.

FOR ALL THE MEMBERS HERE
maybe some of you read this topic and think, she is always online, she is free and she don't have a lot of things to do, ..ect
that's right i am always online, but i have a lot of things to do in my life. but why i am always online, because i am studying so hard for an exam i should pass it with a high score, i work for my website, and feed my passion in scripts and designs by reading ebooks, scripts and searching for the news in this field. between all these i open the forum page every half an hour OR MAYBE LEST :P enter the forum to see what's going on here. and i really feel down when i found no news at all.

Well this is bound to happen - most of the members who are students are busy at this time of the year, and for those who aren't students, well - this is the beginning of summer, right? So what would people prefer - spending time outside or typing away at their computer? ;) OK that's a lame theory, and there are people from cold places as well, but it' just a coincidence that people all over the world tend to become busier during this time of the year, no matter what their occupation is. and by the time june comes im thinking there will be a spike in the activity because by that time summer will definitely be in but that also means holidays!!

Well this is bound to happen - most of the members who are students are busy at this time of the year, and for those who aren't students, well - this is the beginning of summer, right? So what would people prefer - spending time outside or typing away at their computer? ;) OK that's a lame theory, and there are people from cold places as well, but it' just a coincidence that people all over the world tend to become busier during this time of the year, no matter what their occupation is. and by the time june comes im thinking there will be a spike in the activity because by that time summer will definitely be in but that also means holidays!!

well, that make sense H.O.D, sort of :P

i think studding is really one of the reasons but holidays and summer. sort of, because holidays end after a couple of days or weeks, and that's not i meant here. as anwiii said the number of members signing up here is reducing for more that a month or maybe before that, the same for members activity.

and being outdoor for all day, that won't prevent me from using computer at least for three or four hours. maybe it differs from one to another, especially me i admit that i am addicted to computer and the internet :P

It seems to be about the same to me. I haven't really noticed much change in the traffic. It would be nice if there were more varied posts though.Myself, I've never had much interest in computer games, oif which there appear to be unlimited posts about.

even you said you are lazy or something, but i don't see you like that.

you just don't know me..... yet :P as a matter of fact, i just patched all my "audition online" game client to update my site, so i'm in a good mood to post at the moment. i was (and am) always confident about my english, it just i don't really used to the "thinking what to post - processing & translating - writing - previewing the post - (finally) post" steps especially in grammar because it makes me have to re-think and re-write for every line i made ;)

- most of the members who are students are busy at this time of the year, and for those who aren't students, well - this is the beginning of summer, right? So what would people prefer - spending time outside or typing away at their computer?

i'm not a student anymore, and living in a weird country where we don't have any spring, summer, autumn, and winter, so both of the theories are not for me :P but you're right about the student, as i see most forums where i registered are now seem like inactive or even "dead", what makes them still look alive is those kids who spamming around and posting one liner junk everywhere (and replied by someone like them, with totally the same level of irrelevant). but you can't just spamming around and posting one liner junk in Xisto, so haha that won't work here.

Ooh looks like a lot of trappers are missing ;) I'm sure they all have legit reasons to stay away from the forum - otherwise who can resist typing away like crazy for hours over here to raise a stash of myCENTs? :P My excuses are pretty common - studies, exams, too busy doing nothing - but here I am, in the hunt for myCENTs once again, to clear off my debt. So no doubt, someday, sometime, the rest of the old gang will be back as well. Just keep your eyes open for them!