xisto Community
Little Asterisk

Flash Game Developers A dream to come true

Hi, I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people would like to collaborate on creating a Flash game. It isn't yet decided which type of game would it be or its size, but think of this as an experiment: just post your abilities here if you are willing to work. As I see it, in 10 years we will have a greedy company like Microsoft that makes us money and another one that gives away free games with an Open source license so everyone likes us an thinks we are the best. ;)Why I'm asking? Well, it's hard to find a good coding team nowadays unless a couple of young programmers really meet at the right place and time with the right skills and enthusiasm to work in Flash. And I would like to see if it's possible to do that.The exception, of course, to finding programmers would be if you have a lot of money to start with. Which nobody really has in these (still) tough economic times.So, if you would like to try just PM me or post here :P

Edited by Little Asterisk (see edit history)

I don't think anyone will accept your request, and here's why: For starters, you have no ideas for the game, you don't even know what kind of game it will be yet, and you have already stated that you expect your "collaborator" to do all the coding. You also expect that they will bring a lot of money to the table. What do YOU plan to do as the leader of this project? I get the vibe that you don't actually have much experience with this sort of thing and are planning to leech off of someone else's talent. I may be mistaken, but that it what your post would lead me to believe, as you don't seem to give the reader any idea of what you plan to contribute. Another thing in your post that I take issue with is that you transition from talking about making a flash gave, to running a big money making business, "like Microsoft." You plan to do this off of one low budget flash game made by two random Joes who met on the internet? I hate to break it to you, but there are 1,000's of flash games all over the internet, and do you know how many single flash games led to becoming a Microsoft sized business giant? None. And you're not JUST talking about becoming a big business, you want to create a two section business? One to make money, and one for open source? You really think you're going to be making SO much money from your one business that you'll have enough money to support a no-revenue open source development team? And again, we're still talking about this coming from a post to discuss setting up a flash game dev team with NO real qualifications.Here's what I think you're trying to do: You are trying to make money, and a lot of it, very quickly, with little to no effort. I hate to break it to you, but in the real world, that doesn't happen. You can't make something out of nothing. If you want to run a business like this, there are things that you need:-Money (Via Loan works too)-Experience-A planYou have none of these. Get them, and then try to get employees. That, or learn flash and do some independent development of your own before you ask people to put in hard work for you with no reward in sight.

I don't think anyone will accept your request, and here's why:
For starters, you have no ideas for the game, you don't even know what kind of game it will be yet, and you have already stated that you expect your "collaborator" to do all the coding. You also expect that they will bring a lot of money to the table. What do YOU plan to do as the leader of this project? I get the vibe that you don't actually have much experience with this sort of thing and are planning to leech off of someone else's talent. I may be mistaken, but that it what your post would lead me to believe, as you don't seem to give the reader any idea of what you plan to contribute.

Another thing in your post that I take issue with is that you transition from talking about making a flash gave, to running a big money making business, "like Microsoft." You plan to do this off of one low budget flash game made by two random Joes who met on the internet? I hate to break it to you, but there are 1,000's of flash games all over the internet, and do you know how many single flash games led to becoming a Microsoft sized business giant? None. And you're not JUST talking about becoming a big business, you want to create a two section business? One to make money, and one for open source? You really think you're going to be making SO much money from your one business that you'll have enough money to support a no-revenue open source development team? And again, we're still talking about this coming from a post to discuss setting up a flash game dev team with NO real qualifications.

Here's what I think you're trying to do: You are trying to make money, and a lot of it, very quickly, with little to no effort. I hate to break it to you, but in the real world, that doesn't happen. You can't make something out of nothing. If you want to run a business like this, there are things that you need:

-Money (Via Loan works too)
-Experience
-A plan

You have none of these. Get them, and then try to get employees. That, or learn flash and do some independent development of your own before you ask people to put in hard work for you with no reward in sight.

For one, I must stop you at the beginning and say I know how to work with Flash. I'm definitely not a leech of any kind and NOT trying to work off of someone else's talent. This post was meant to see if there are any people out there who have interest in building Flash games through on line collaboration.

The Microsoft thing was a joke, obviously. Someone of your eloquence should be aware of that. Sorry if anyone else misunderstood it as "serious", because I can't and refuse to try and predict the future.

Obviously, if I were to try and make a big company I wouldn't look for collaborators(employees/call it what ever you want) through a forum, but at least try to look through some freelance websites.

Another thing; this is a forum of people of various interests. If I was looking for dedicated professionals, tech-forums or similar would be appropriate. I wanted to find out if 'ordinary' Flash developers (like me, I'm no Adobe evangelist) have interest in any kind of collaboration.

I'm no dreamer and am aware of the fact that there are millions of other Flash games that are just as good as "our" potential work would be. That's an issue I have with your post; do you really think I would screw over a couple of "Joes" for a hundred bucks that game would possibly make me? People, who were prepared to work with me on line? And also, that they wouldn't realise I wasn't doing any work?!

I know my post was no professional job offer, but I think I'd try harder if it was one. Sorry you misjudged this topic.

@little Asterisk : I have been a game developer for 8 years but havent worked on Flash programming. right now I have learnt little bit of AS3 and can do little bit of programming i need a good graphic designer .. can you do 2D graphics ?