xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Little Asterisk

Some Useful Portable Applications Free, small and they fit

Here are some free portable applications you can carry on your USB and use when needed:

PortableApps is a set of applications that can quite simply fit on your USB drive. Depending on the suite, you can download only the "Platform" (2MB - you can then add custom applications to it), the "Light" (47MB, all of the applications but OpenOffice) or the "Standard" version (139MB, with OpenOffice). The "Platform" version is multilingual.

LiberKey is a richer set of applications, with 289 applications sorted by categories which you can choose from. They have everything - from graphics editing to system utilities! You can also choose from a couple of suites, from the "Platform only" to the "Ultimate" version.

Zoho can be used online. All you need is your Gmail account to login, and afterwards you can do anything your heart feels like: make presentations, text files, databases, share, collaborate,... The sky is the limit!

Google docs can also be used online. They have fewer options than Zoho, but they're OK when working "on budget" with your bandwith, since they don't use that much Upload/Download speed like Zoho.

Aviary is great! It's a free package that can also be used online. I would describe it as an smaller Adobe package-like because it looks and feels a lot like their applications. You have a couple of image/vector editing apps, a music production app, an effects app, a color editor and an image capture app that can be used from your browser.

That's my list!

Although this text isn't from my website, I'd like that you put a link to http://www.reviewedtutorials.co.cc/ or this topic if you use this review on your website. Actually, I hereby give you permission to use it, but only if you put a link to Reviewed tutorials ;).