xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Old School Review: Major League Baseball Rage Edition

I feel good today about writing and so I thought I would bust out another old school review. Before I begin I would like to talk about gamers rage, if you're a gamer you have had this at least once in your life, or many times if you played COD. Now gamer's rage has an interesting history, I think, because this kind of rage could have a much longer history if you think outside video games, however, gamer rage has been more or less exclusive to video games since the 1970s. Why do I bring this up? Well I can say for a fact what game began my gamers rage, Major League Baseball, I was playing a game many years ago and well I wasn't winning and so I got so angry that the NES controller lost to the floor and broke into some good pieces.

Of course the controller was completely ruined even though it didn't shatter into a thousand pieces, couldn't play Wizards and Warriors normally as the directional pad no longer worked. I do believe that was when my days of playing the Nintendo were over, never remember what we did with it but it was for the best I guess. Hmm. I do not remember if I ever completed a game, maybe halfway through before a rage quit but that was about it. Of course, now I can win easily with save state and that is what I did, I played a game were I had over one hundred runs, by then it was ridiculous and so I ended their misery and finished the game ;).

So let's get on to the review shall we?

Major League Baseball

Some Screen Shots

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Game Maker: LJN

Year: 1988

Price: $40-$50 a game

Levels: 9 Innings

Sound: 8

Graphics: 6

Mini-Games: Three modes, regular game, All-Star Game, World Series

Difficulty: Back then: 9 Now: 3

Replay Value: 10

Game play:

Its baseball take a guess what you should do.

Plot:

Win the baseball game.

First Impressions:

Even though there were other baseball games, RBI for an example, to me this was the most simplistic set up in terms of the how the batter and picture were displayed. However, this game would irk me in the wrong way, especially when they crack a homer on me and take the lead. I do believe that is how it happen to, I think it was the first pitch I threw and crack HOME RUN and then ARRRRRG **smashes controller to floor* and this usually happen somewhere in the middle as I could never strike them out, it was like they knew where I was pitching and taunted me with a homework. Oh did I hate that game, makes me glad I never tried any of the other baseball games, but there was one interesting thing about this game that made it unique. What made this unique was if you hit the ball just right it go up in the air really fast and would take forever to come down, usually this would happen in a foul ball or a lucky home run and to bad there wasn't a video of it as it was interesting thing to see.

22 Years Later:

Its no fun anymore although I do the right thing and play it straight through and see if I get lucky but even then I just quick save and play catch up if I need be. Of course, if I were to play it on a NES I wouldn't have that luxury and so I would definately have to be good at it again, though I play a quick first inning and took in 4 runs before switching sides. I might have to dust off some of other baseball games and see how good I am at them.

Overall Ranking:

Now for that Catchy slogan--

"Games don't get old, just people!"

--Now for some copyright info--

Images and of course games are copyrighted to its perspective owners blah blah blah. Roms are illegal and so do not get caught blah blah blah or else blah blah blah. Reviews and opinions are my own so don't argue with me unless you can prove otherwise why this game sucks and 100% of the time you are wrong because one your either a new school gamer and don't know a good game when you see it or two, well there is no two so HA!!. All slogans, trademarks and names excluded the games I review are copyrighted to me blah blah and blah. 2007-2010 SM Old School Legend.