xisto Community
Little Asterisk

A Topic Meant To Greet And Ask. I registered

Hi, community of Xisto!

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new user of this forum. I'd like to register my site http://www.reviewedtutorials.co.cc/ on one of the supported servers here so I don't have to use Blogger as a CMS anymore and so I can switch to Wordpress.

However, I'd like it very much if someone who's been using this service for some time can explain me how exactly does it work. I understand that I need to be active in this forum to get points that will later enable me to get a .com domain and hosting.

But, how do I know when I can get my domain? And, how much bandwith does the hosting allow?

Sorry for these newbie questions, I'm not finding my way on the flash site of Xisto (and I would advise the admins of the site to revert to some simpler look with a bit readable letters)...

Cheers and thanks for your help.

Edited by Little Asterisk (see edit history)

hey there. yes. besides posting some good quality content, you have to link your account with Xisto - Support and use the same email address there as you used to sign up here. from there, after you get 5 or so posts, your mycents system will kick in and you will be able to know what you have earned so far. once your mycents reaches 100, $1 will be credited to your xisto account to be used for hosting services. a domain costs $10 so that is equal to 1,000 mycents that get converted to credits. or popular hosting package is only $2 so that is 200 mycents. you can get your hosting right away without a domain name if you want to use one of our sub domains, but i like to advise people to wait until they have enough for at least a domain name. also, if you buy the logic plan for a year at a time, the price drops down to $1.60 or something. to see how much credits you have accumulated, you either need to visit your profile page or log in to Xisto - Support. as far as the bandwidth, it varies depending on which package you choose. the logic plan has 10gigs. usually more than enough. you can check out the plans at Xisto - Web Hosting.com to get a better understanding of what we have to offer.all this stuff is really explained on the left hand side of the main forum page under "free web hosting".

hi, little asterisk, welcome here with us. if you aiming a domain and hosting plan then you are in the right place. all of us started like this and later you will find it a friendly and useful community. start by posting good quality topics or searching in forums sections, choose which one interests you and reply. you can check your mycents from your xisto account after signing up there with the same email you used for the forums. also you can check the hosting plans and available domain in xisto account. about wordpress, you are right it is the best. if you have any questions feel free to ask. have fun

Hi again,

thanks for the answers. Now, if I understood correctly - I log in to Xisto - Support.com, and then just wait to have enough account balance so I can buy a hosting (and domain) account I want to.

For instance, a .com domain is 9.99$ for an entire year and the logic hosting 2$/month - I pay for it (let's say I have 12$ on my account) and then I need to keep posting so my account balance will become bigger and so I can keep paying for the hosting? How many posts generally make 100 myCents?

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, but I just need to clarify some things.

Its not how many posts you make, its the length and quality. My guess it your post right there is about 10-15 mycents. Thats just a guess though. Its not hard to keep up a logic plan. Just post a few times a day and you'll be fine. Just don't spam or you will get the mycents taken away and possibly ban.

Thanks, man Running With Scissors. I hope you don't hurt yourself. ;)I wanted to ask one last newbie question, so I don't seem a slow learner: :PI can see my earnings under my avatar, but it seems like no one else has that written. Is that something only the user can see, or? Because I'd like to turn it off if possible (so I don't have to be special :P). Thanks for everyone who helped me with my beginning steps. Cheers!

I can see my earnings under my avatar, but it seems like no one else has that written. Is that something only the user can see, or? Because I'd like to turn it off if possible (so I don't have to be special ;)).

You can only see your own earnings. There isn't any way for you to turn it off though, so that they don't display. Plus, if you did that, you'd have no idea how many myCENTs you had until they started flowing into your billing account.

Yes, you do. Preferably, not short posts without meaning and spam. If you don't make constructive posts and break the forum rules, you'll most likely be expelled (kicked out, if you'd like). However, I must mention currently the forum is updating and it has some problems processing the myCENT requests, so you should be a little patient for everything to work out.In one of the introduction topics here, you can find all tips on posting and myCENTS. A post by web designer explains them very well, so you should check it out. As web_designer said earlier to me, this is a nice little community and you can find quality content here, but it's a shame not many people post...

When someone uses a cat for an avatar, of course the Sheepdog has to say hi! Cute kittie by the way, even if I'm not a cat person. Such bright blue eyes!Welcome to Xisto, formerly known as Xisto. It's a good forum with lots of helpful people. Hopefully the mycents problem will be fixed soon. Just hang in there and it won't be long and you will have it all figured out.