xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mechastro

Rise & Fall A series of three poems

Hello, people. I just came to this forum and for my first thread I will post three poems of mine. I hope you'll like them. And if you don't, well that's life. I accept feedback. ;)BEGINNINGThe purple horizon Is filling the worldWith the warm light of the dawn.A hunter is hiding In tall grass,Watching his target Unknowingly ruminating In the shadow of a great oak.He throws his spear:A civilization is born.Oh, the meat is so tender,Its blood is so sweet.The hunter is gloriously returning To his village:?We?ll rise now people,A great future is waiting for us!?REBIRTHStanding still,Watching from the top of the worldUpon her hard-working children,Who suck her bloodWithout even realizing Who their mother is.They know she?s there,But they do nothing To stop her slow and painful death,Because that?s how they gather Their strength-giving drink.Don?t worry though,They will see That the breast they?re feeding onWill soon dry outThe agony will endAnd death will strike them and their mother.But she was given the gift of rejuvenation long agoSo rebirth awaits her.FUTUREThe Earth is sore,The ground is red and tremblingAnd the burning dust Is digging deep into the skinAnd minds of these Doomed people.Gathered in a corner of the world,They are forsaken,Abandoned long agoBy their false gods.Society has crumbled Under its own weight Of lies and corruption.Where are your all-powerful guardians now?Where are your sons and daughters?You are abandoned!Oh, wretched souls,The time has finally come?