xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mandla

Racism In Stealth Mode why is it that ethnic minorities are subject to streotypes

How come even in todays world we have racism hidden in references.You will find there are Americans and Black americas oops they tried to make that politically correct by calling them African Americans and then theres Native American. In England there are British peopel and Black British What about in other coutries worldwide what is there. Are the labels for minority ethnic groups. Why are we still being racisst even though we think we are not. Surely we are blind to racism yet most of use are racist even without meaning to.i know in Uk if there was a fight in the street they would ring the cops and say hello there are two men fighting in the street and the police would assume there are two white men fighting but if they were black people would say there are two men fighting and one is black or there are two black men fighting. SURELY one is british whether balck or white so why the need for the color. Even a local hotel i visited had me complete a form and I noticed under ethinicity it said tick the box which best describes your ethinicty British BOX Black British boxAfro Carebean BOX Asian box Foreign National Boxnon said white british. its like you can never be pure american unless you are white or its time for war because during war we unite we are all English, American Australian , Asian, African btu outside of the the divisions come back very quickly.Why cant we all be treated equal irregardless of color. I mean we have places that are so scared of being racist they over compensate to blacks like Jobs in UK where they have an opening for black because the law says they should have at least one black for every say 10 workser so then you are sort of guranteed a place cause of your color like its a disabled parking spot. LEAVE this post for the ethnic minority guy. Is socially really getting to a level where they are totally un racist.

This is an extremely broad topic and much more difficult than "let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya".You have to keep in mind the history between ethnicities and nationalities. Patriotism and nationalism is based on this. Different races also have broadly different cultures, and it's not going to meld into one uniform global culture overnight. When humans find another species with a different way of thinking and looking at things, they find it funny because it's not what they're accustomed to. If you went to an isolated third-world country in Africa, they would laugh at you for wearing clothes.Eventually, over the next millions of years, assuming the human race hasn't turned itself into nuclear residue, I believe we will all meld into a single race. However, even then, I don't believe racism will be out of the question.It's just the human way of thinking: "I don't like you because you're different from me".

Edited by Rigaudon (see edit history)

The root of the problem lays in the age old thinking, that "whites" are more supreme than the rest. While it is not so commonly mentioned nowadays, the thoughts is embedded in people's life. It does not help that other races thought of that as well. Have you ever witness the people from other race treating a "white" better than the rest, even their own color. It takes 2 hands to clap. Unless the rest stop thinking in that manner, the whites wont change their thinking, "that they are king".And btw, it is high time the form is amended to 1) Citizens2) Foreigners working in the country3) Tourist

What you have said about the old age thinking is true. I have noticed that whites obviously in history instilled the thought into other races that they were more superior and as a result most other races believe they are less superior.a Perfect example of this is in South Africa, I lived there for a while and learnt how to speak one of the languages there because my mom is originally from south Africa it wasnt hard to learn as she has spoken to us in Zulu as we were growing up. what Irealised is that they subtly and sub conciously believe that the ultimate thing in life would be to become white. They would definitely say this is bull sh*t if you asked tham because they dont believe this is the case but then when they speak and give similarities thats when the subliminal advertising comes in. For instance when a girl is looking beautiful you know as in when she's gone and done her hair or had a facial or looks hot, they would refer to her (even if she was black) they would say wow, Samantha is looking beautiful today she's almost like a white girl. This is a translation of both the context and the content. When you talk about you future most parents would tell their children you need to get a good education and get a beautiful white wife or white husband. Because in their context white husband or white girlfriend/ wife means one who is really beautiful. And even so in cases where people have litterally married a white person and they are black, you find everyone thinks higher of them than the average jack and jill. Now when i say this next statement Im not saying blacks are better looking but Im saying in SOuthern Africa if you took Halle Berry or Thandie Newton (for the sake that theres a high chance we all know of them) and stripped them of their celebrity and just took them as two hot black girls and then took say Lady Gaga and Nicollete Sheridan and Feclicity Huffman and asked them who they though was hotter, they would believe that the white chicks are better. I mean look across the globe, people in Africa can speak English fluently but how many of us can speak an african language fluently. Its Like the white are given preferential treatment subconsciously. A black person from Ghana goes to States and says xhxhs sjsjsssjhsh shs (the people in states will say we dont understand you're in USA so speak the language) and the Ghana person has to find a way to speak the white man's tounge. no one will say you have to learn ENglish - no!! The black person or Indian or asian will just sub consciously feel the need to speak and impress the whites person. But when the Whites go to africa they get there and opposite to the fact that they would tell you. You came to this country speak our language they then go to another country and say we aint speaking your language you have to learn to speak to us so you can tell us the directions in a language we are familiar with. I mean look at English People we go to spain and expect spanish people to speak to us in ENGlish and for some reason they do that and make us English feel comfy. But when they come here we dont make them comfy, they have to learn English.Surely I know we have national pride but sometime we are just not being fair.I thinkk we need to realise we are all one peopel and stop having stupid divisions based on color or origin. For christs sake we are all from earth.