xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
house5180

How Can Signing Time Help Your Children? signing time

I bought signing time full collection with $145.07 at hotdvdshop, and i don't know How can Signing Time help your children?

if you bought it for that much and you don't know how it helps children, why'd you buy it? ;)

Its simple, Your children will pick up words from the DVD that you have brought and will learn what they say. DVD's such as singing, ect will help them learn the english language and alphabet even more.The price is a little to high for those DVD's though mate.

yeah house5180, why did you buy them if you don't know if these dvds are useful or not!but i will assure you THEY ARE, learning songs for children make them more acceptable for a certain language, and even more make them learning a complete phrases without knowing their meanings. gradually, they can speak that language more easily.i will give you an example, i have a little baby girl, and she is so sweet ;) , i used on let her watch a baby show like teletubbies and barney since she was only five months. first she was sitting watching in her baby walker for 10-15 minutes, and i watch the rest of course. after that when she had a year and a half she did nothing but watching these shows. the result is she memorized the songs even she couldn't understand most of the words, and now she is four years old, she can understand what they say in movies. by the way, if English is not your mother language, then this is the most effective way to learn your children how to speak English easily.

Its simple, Your children will pick up words from the DVD that you have brought and will learn what they say. DVD's such as singing, ect will help them learn the english language and alphabet even more.The price is a little to high for those DVD's though mate.

kids have the amazing gift of taking information in like a sponge!!
why on earth would you think they need dvds and singing to help them with that?? if you just talk to your kid once in a while there should be no problem.
the only real reason for this product would be for parents that put their kids in the living room lock the door and go do something for themselfs but still want their kids to learn a language. OR children with a learning disorder or any other disorder.

If you want to learn your kids how to sing however, dont buy something like this.. just learn them real music. what happened to singalongs with Queens "I want to ride my bicycle" ??

bottom line. if you want them to sing. let them sing Music, if you want them to learn a language talk to them in that language. otherwise u just wasted alot of money

plus learning other languages is allways hard but not for a kid. i have a little brother 14 years younger then me, and watched his progress in language firsthand and media is the real teacher today. I myself learned english through games and the net. but tv will do the same thing he watches english shows with subtitles so they learn to read faster and learn the meaning of the words. but a show that emphasises on learning the language is lame for children.. they just want a good show.
Edited by Samleeuwenburg (see edit history)

Singing can help promote literacy, as is the case with reading, and writing. Also, singing is a great tool for remembering things, the patterns in the songs help the brain digest the information quite easily, so your kids are likely to retain much of what they hear. One might argue that because you bought them in DVD form, the kids will just be glued to the TV and not actually learning, but as long as they are actively participating in the music it shouldn't be an issue. And even then, some TV is okay in moderation, and can be quite educational.