xisto Community
anwiii

This New Name Trap17 and now knowlagesutra?

Okay fair enough How about this? impactwisdom.com its open easy to remember and spell. fairly short so people will remember as well as gives a hint of what they site is about?

i like wisdomimpact better. the .org is taken, but the .com is available..... but the whole thing sounds like a dentist visit haha

i like wisdomimpact better. the .org is taken, but the .com is available..... but the whole thing sounds like a dentist visit haha

Got to admit it your right. Does sound better. still short and too the point, and easy to remember

Although I honestly think that including "wisdom" in the name sounds like "woo, look how clever we are...", wisdomimpact.com sounds way much better than this Xisto thing!

Anyway, I can't think a good name by myself but I do think that having changed the name was not a good idea. For example, if you look at Free-WebHosts' review of Xisto, it says:

Our free web hosting review is no longer available for this previously listed free website host.This web host was removed from our database, possibly (usually) because it is no longer a free or operating service, or is not accepting new users at this time, but could have been removed for other reason(s). If any of the user ratings and reviews of users were saved, they will be listed below.

I don't know how many other directories of free hosts show a similar message, but it in my opinion it doesn't create a good image of the site (especially when they say that most probably it's no longer free ;) ).

So, I reckon if we're going to choose a new name, make it definitive.

Although I honestly think that including "wisdom" in the name sounds like "woo, look how clever we are...", wisdomimpact.com sounds way much better than this Xisto thing!
Anyway, I can't think a good name by myself but I do think that having changed the name was not a good idea. For example, if you look at Free-WebHosts' review of Xisto, it says:

I don't know how many other directories of free hosts show a similar message, but it in my opinion it doesn't create a good image of the site (especially when they say that most probably it's no longer free ;) ).

So, I reckon if we're going to choose a new name, make it definitive.

They have removed us because we no longer have a place to put their link on our homepage.

For a forum name I would love to add "hub" ("A center of activity or interest") at the end of the name, like

searchershub:

Since most of the people arrive on this site through search engines, having a name like 'searchers' is like directly addressing the visitor and telling him/her "Hello searcher, welcome, here is the information you are searching for [url="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And since this a forum, where many people discuss and share there opinions the place can be called as a Hub, so the name searchershub.

The name might be generic, but since the forums hold 'vast and varied' content it can stand along other sites like answers.com.

Edited by BCD (see edit history)

Come on Guys... please feel free to put down the name here. If you want to ping me to view this thread, my mail is shree at xisto dot com. kindly post your suggestions... i m impatient. This offer is posted online too, check out http://forums.xisto.com/index.php/

Okay since I last posted here I have been doing a lot of thinking on a name. I have come up with a few for you to look over and I hope pic one.1 echosofwisdom.com2 forum4thought.com3 forumofimpact.com4 wisdomorama.comMyself though of the four I really like Forum4thought the best. Hope you do too.

Opaque, what was wrong with Xisto.com it was a great name im not sayign you should not have changed it - Im just wondering what was wrong with trap 17 that made you change it in the first place. If you dont mind letting us know. Like Anwiii said before these forums are you lil un and you name them as you see fit.

I almost did not finish loading the website up. I was having internet problems when loading the site and after the redirect I assumed maybe the site had died for some reason (and it was rather depressing to think that Trap died).I do not really have any issues with the name change, although at the same time I do not quite understand it. If I remember right Xisto had a very important relevance to the admin (and as such is why he chose that name).