xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
puneye

Help Me Upgrading Windows 7 about drivers

I heard Windows 7 is good than Windows XP (I can't compare it with windows vista). So I plan to upgrade my Packard Bell Laptop series EASYNOTE MV35-202 with Windows 7. I go packard bell driver download page but i didn't find any driver for windows 7. There are only windows xp and vista driver listed. I ran windows 7 compability tester that was given by microsoft. That test passed everthing except XP virualization. I still don't know are my laptop drivers will work such as Touch point devices, wireless LAN, LAn, Audio, Graphics, Sound etc. My laptops consits of 1 GB Ram, 50 GB HDD, DVD R/W and 1.44 GHz Interl Atom Processer. Please suggest me If I upgrate to Windows 7 is my laptop work smoothly ? Just like XP that now works great. Please help me about this.

Lol yeah you can't compare it with vista since it's fail one But first thing. I thought you can't do 'upgrade' from windows xp to windows seven. 'upgrade' is only available for windows vista, for xp users you have to do a clean install. Well there are some articles about how to upgrade to windows seven, maybe you could try if you want to. ;) Anyway, in my case drivers are okay using seven's default one. The only problem is my ati x600 where they put the ati catalyst to legacy drivers (oh, and they are vista's driver btw), although i can't make it to full performance, gaming is o.k. . Other than i need to install the realtek audio manager, everything is smooth.

Your computer will not be able to handle windows 7, need at least 2-3Gb of RAM, at least a 100GB hard drive as Windows 7 does take a good chunk out and the processor speed needs to be in the 2GHz range to run smoothly. Which means your best bet is to keep XP on that computer and purchase yourself a computer with Windows 7 on it.Of course, if you were to get yourself a copy of Windows 7 Basic, you might be able to run it on that computer, but your best bet is to get a new machine. As for the above poster mention you can't upgrade Windows 7 from XP as it requires a clean install but like I said your computer will not be able to handle it.

Actually you are a tiny bit right but however. You are able to run windows 7 on your laptop. I have a laptop running windows 7 and its quite much older than yours with 512 MB RAM. Cant say its working smoothly but it runs and i am able to do the minimum requirements with it. However it is highly recommended buy yourself a faster laptop or in this case a desktop if you want to run windows 7 smoothly on your computer. Also with your problems there windows 7 should come with auto install drivers during the update. If that fails you you have many other options, for example there is a program that scans your hardware and gives you the link where your windows compatible driver is located at. Driver Genius is one for example. Good Luck have fun.

NOooooo!!! don't upgrade for the sake of upgrading. xp is PERFECT for your system and will do you no harm. stick with it. i have vista running and and regret it already. windows 7 will use up a lot of your resources where xp doesn't. don't do it! stick with what is working. also, xp was the most reliable os i ever used....so i wouldn't just upgrade just for the sake of upgrading or because you can. it wont be worth it to you right now.

Thank you very much for all. Finally I plan not to install Windows 7 on my that Laptop. I will keep it up with Windows XP which runs good on this Laptop. I am going to buy new one which has already in Windows 7.

Thank you very much for all. Finally I plan not to install Windows 7 on my that Laptop. I will keep it up with Windows XP which runs good on this Laptop. I am going to buy new one which has already in Windows 7.

I can confirm that Windows 7 runs smoothly on my Toshiba laptop. It only has 1gb memory so you dont need 2 or 3GB as some are suggesting. Make sure you install the 32bit verion as you will have no benfit install the 64bit.

If you are installing Windows 7 for the first time you might find the this link useful: How to install Windows 7