xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Wirelass Card in a Desktop External Wireless Cards, The Pros And Cons

Wirelass Card in a DesktopExternal Wireless Cards, The Pros And Cons

I would like to make my HP desktop wireless.  I have been told that I can purchase a wireless card.  Can you give me some suggestions and recommedations of what is needed to achieve this.  My apartment has free wifi and I do not have a landline.  Can this be done?

Thanks 

-question by Felicia B

Purchasing a wireless card , is a good choice , i can't recommend you a product since i don't know where do you, live.I was working with a d-link card , and i'm satisfied about it.

Anything from Linksys or Netgear will be good, of course, you have to make sure the card is compatible with the computer. What I would recommend is get ahold of HP and see what they suggest to install, that way your computer will be compatible with the card.

It's better to use USB Wireless dongle from Linksys, DLink or Cisco. It's cheaper i think and you can use it on older laptops that doesn't have integrated wireless chip. ;)

Just a hint: make sure you know how to install a wireless card before actually buying one and that if you have a free slot in your motherboard to connect it.I'm telling you this because... if you don't understand what I'm talking about, then don't go for a wireless card. Buy a WiFi USB adapter, as Бојан said, because they are usually way much easier to install and use, just like inserting a pen-drive.Anyway, most chips come with an installation guide, usually quite easy to understand but sometimes hard to take to practise. However, if you are really interested in a WiFi card, as I said, check if you have a free slot in your motherboard. Motherboards have different slots or ports, to which every piece of hardware inside your computer is plugged: processor, memory, graphic card, sound card, network card, modem?... etc.