xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

I Want A Good Hit Counter

hi, i want you guys to suggest me a good hit counter. i already got a one using java script but it may be not very accurate. a few days ago, i used this wordpress plugin ( CHICKUN COUNT REPORTING ). it is a hit counter for the whole website and for a certain page, it gives me more accurate results. but now, i get even more confused. because i got a completely different number, i can understand if there is a logical difference between them. but the differences between results are huge.any way, i hope you can suggest me a good hit counter you already tested before, or tell me if the one i use now (chickun count reporting ) is a good one or not. another question, can i add the number of visitors in my old counter to the new one? and how?the old one i used that using java script in an online hit counter i get it from BlogPatrol.comso think it maybe use a txt file for saving hits, but the new one (chickun count reporting) is using a databast table to save the hits. so any ideas on how to merge the results?

One that I enjoy because of its simplicity and how easily it can be redesign to fit your site, I would check this website out: https://www.hscripts.com/scripts/php/usersOnline.php. You can see it in action on my site on the left http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and what I did was add all the various counter and user scripts together to develop a nice state sheet.

i went to your site to check out your stats on your site. how can you have more unique hits than hit? ;) that really doesn't make sense

One that I enjoy because of its simplicity and how easily it can be redesign to fit your site, I would check this website out: https://www.hscripts.com/scripts/php/usersOnline.php. You can see it in action on my site on the left http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and what I did was add all the various counter and user scripts together to develop a nice state sheet.

To my knowledge the one counter gets reset after so many hits, never look at the coding to see if this could be fix in someway.

i went to your site to check out your stats on your site. how can you have more unique hits than hit? smile.gif that really doesn't make sense

that's exactly what i am talking about anwiii, how can i get more hits on pages than the main or home website??
it's a completely mess. even was satisfied after i installed the plugin because it gives hits in many browser but after that i noticed the strange numbers of hit.

and thank you saint_michael for your fast reply. i checked your website and it looks a good hit counter, i will try it tomorrow.

If you still need a good hit counter, you could always just add a table in your mySQL database or hold it in a text file and edit it with PHP. The advantage with this is that you can decide what counts as a hit and what doesn't (reloading pages for example). I can give you the code to do this if you need to.

Statcounter have wordpress integration that you can follow for your wordpress blog. As for importing data from old counter. i don't think it's possible or is available with statcoutner. It'll not show much information like SM's hit counter but it's sufficient for your blog. Check that and let me know.

Statcounter have wordpress integration that you can follow for your wordpress blog. As for importing data from old counter. i don't think it's possible or is available with statcoutner. It'll not show much information like SM's hit counter but it's sufficient for your blog. Check that and let me know.

thanks mahesh for you suggestion, it looks good one.but unfortunenatly this counter using widget and i don't. i use drect code in my sidebar, even it is more harder but it's fun. the bad thing that there are always new plugins and features for widget. any way, thanks.

that is right rigaudon, but i get enough of errors the past few weeks, and i don't want to mess my code especially i am using worpress platform which means that a simple php code may not be compatible with the other files which brings more errors. therefore using plugins are easier to use, if you don't like it just remove it in one click. thanks for replying.

I think you're familiar with MySQL and PHP, so why not just use that?mySQL

CREATE TABLE  `hitcounter` (`id` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,`name` VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,`hits` INT( 20 ) NOT NULL ,PRIMARY KEY (  `id` ))INSERT INTO hitcounter (name, hits) VALUES ('Homepage',0)

You can add more pages like this. Just put this at the top of each page:

<?php$name = "Homepage"; //Change this to whatever the page is.//Connect to Database first.mysql_query("UPDATE hitcounter SET hits=hits+1 WHERE name='{$name}'");?>

Wait if your using Wordpress then your site for hit counters as I use the following plugins on my blog.StatPress Reloaded - Will give you a lot of good information for your blogWP-UserOnline - will display current states