xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Human Love Vs God?s Love

A million things come rushing to my thought whirlpool as soon as I think about human love. Dad?s hugs and kisses, mom?s warmth and affection, a brother?s fight, a sister?s concern, lover?s kisses and your children?s achievements. Also coming into the framework is the color of a paler complexion, the phenomenon called hurt, misunderstandings, ego clashes and tears. Human love is always limited to a boundary. This boundary level depends on your people whom you are close to. But remember there is a boundary always. Even your dad can hate you some times. I know a friend of mine whose dad died in an accident and his mom remarried leaving my friend and his sister abandoned. Maybe Human love can be devastating as well! The feeling of break-ups with their intimate partners and still life has to move on and people keep running the rat race. But to think that there can be no form of purest love except God s love is a thing of pristine maturity. Well, There s this love that can love you no matter what you have done? Are u a murderer? Are you a pimp? Are you a prostitute? Are you an addict? God was the creator of this whole universe. The significant question to be pondered upon is that why God should love us when we have putforth a character not worth remembering? God loves us no matter what you have done in your life. Now you can either understand the significance of this love, or you can take over advantage that ?God Loves me and I can do what ever I want? sort of attitude. God s love is limitless. No boundaries. God is just looking out to you and saying ?Come to me all you weary, I will give you rest?. I conclude with two lines I love the most ?OH! What peace we often forfeit, OH! What needless pain we bear? All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer?.

While there are common characters, most of the reactions or impulses of love are subjective and vary from individual to individual, but there would, according to most psychologists and scientists, three main phases in the love between human beings or infatuation (love), attraction and affection, made up of various elements and stages. Generally, love begins at the stage of 'infatuation', strong in passion but weak in other elements. The first phase of this would spur the sexual instinct. The physical appearance and other factors, it would play a decisive role in selecting potential mates or companions. At this stage the material is pure love: we appreciate / the partner in his bodily form, in its pure externality. What starts with infatuation may develop a type of love fuller. Over time, other elements (affection, attachment) can grow and physical passion can diminish in importance, while maintaining equilibrium at the base of the report. In this phase, known as "attraction", the partner is judged beyond how it looks, you evaluate several factors such as its culture, its values. At this stage, therefore, appreciate / the partner in its pure interiority. In the phase of 'attachment', the person focuses on individual companies and fidelity becomes important. Now they appreciate / the partner to in and of itself, so full and total strengths of the two previous stages but now aware of all of your inner journey. Now you do not like more specific characteristics, be they material or spiritual, but the man / woman as such. Although humans are usually sexually monogamous, it is believed, however, that are emotionally monogamous: they love (romantic) one person at a time. When a person shares with another a love for a long period of time, develops an "attachment" growing toward another individual. Regarding the presence of children, according to recent scientific theories about love, this transition would take place by attraction to attachment in about 30 months time to complete a pregnancy and early childhood care of the child. After this period the decrease passion, changing love from romantic love to a simple pleasure in being together. This phase would last 10 to 15 years, until the children reached adolescence or later (with considerable variation from culture to culture). Usually a report that is based on several factors (love, affection, respect, common interests, sexual attraction) has a better chance of success based solely on sexual attraction. This "determinism of love", the only functional baby care, has been criticized by many, especially by supporters of emotional intelligence. Love and fear of losing the person or the beloved, often accompanied by a feeling of security and / or jealousy toward the object of that feeling. In some cases love becomes pathological, when the cause preventing the conduction of a normal life or the trigger of a morbid attachment.

God loves us no matter what you have done in your life. Now you can either understand the significance of this love, or you can take over advantage that "God Loves me and I can do what ever I want" sort of attitude. God s love is limitless.

I'm a bit unclear on your position, nirmaldaniel. Are you saying that God forgives you no matter what you do or are you saying we have some responsibility for our actions? You say we "can either understand ... or you can take advantage of ...". I guess I don't quite get what I'm supposed to understand. I can see no reason why a person couldn't do both.

I also think it's not really appropriate to compare a prostitute to a murderer ;)

While there are common characters, most of the reactions or impulses of love are subjective and vary from individual to individual, but there would, according to most psychologists and scientists, three main phases in the love between human beings or infatuation (love), attraction and affection, made up of various elements and stages.

webishqiptar, for a person who was raised in North America (like myself), I had to re-read this a few times since some of the terms are used differently than I'm used to.

I would agree that there are stages that everyone goes through with their relationship with ANY individual. Whether one chooses to call it "love" or not is pretty well a matter of personal preference. I, for example, have no problem saying that I love my parents, my siblings, my 3 kids and even a few male friends I have, even though I feel no sexual attraction towards any of them.

Almost everyone I've ever met use the words "infatuation" and "attraction" interchangeably. They generally imply sexual attraction. That is likely just a matter of translation problems or something similar. The "most psychologists and scientists" in the above quote is, I'm assuming, something you read somewhere. If you can remember where, can you tell me where you read it (if it's in English, lol). Since I'm on the slow side at times, I'm unclear on the difference between "attraction" and "affection" as you define the words.

To me, the word "affection" means to "like a whole bunch". There may or may not be any sexual attraction as part of the package. As such, the following is the only part I really disagree with.

Although humans are usually sexually monogamous, it is believed, however, that are emotionally monogamous: they love (romantic) one person at a time. When a person shares with another a love for a long period of time, develops an "attachment" growing toward another individual.

I do NOT believe people are emotionally monogamous. Most people I know are quite capable of (platonically) feeling attached to a number of people at any given time. I'm assuming here that your "sexually monogamous" was supposed to be "sexually polygamous". If I assumed incorrectly then I missed the point of the paragraph entirely.

Hah! This reminds me of a quote from Peter Griffin (from Family Guy): "I love my country. It's kinda like loving God or a step-parent. You never really feel them love you back, but they're busy, and you understand". In all seriousness though, "God"'s love is nothing more than what you feel from inside. It is generated from a series of chemical reactions in your body.Don't flame me for being atheist- I'm not an atheist because I hate God or something like that. I choose to trust in reason. And of course, I say the same thing about human love- a series of chemical reactions in the body to produce that feeling.

Human love has limitation. But God has no limitations he is Omnipotent and Omniscient and his love is unlimited for us no matter what our life says about us. Humans may discourage us but God is our ever-present help in the time of need. Like he said in his word(The Bible) "I will never leave you nor forsake you".

Human love has limitation. But God has no limitations he is Omnipotent and Omniscient and his love is unlimited for us no matter what our life says about us. Humans may discourage us but God is our ever-present help in the time of need. Like he said in his word(The Bible) "I will never leave you nor forsake you".

God or god’s love is a very beautiful concept for……….,finally to reach that ego less state from where we can perform, handle, manage and maintain our love in all relations without being hurt or master our emotional and egoistic mind. It’s very easy to be in love with god because there you have not to drop your ego……, it’s very difficult to manage and maintain love in real relations……., there is a challenge, grace and growth and finally real bliss and happiness……

That's what I like about Sophism. The concept of unconditioned love. Sophists believe that God loves his own creation. When they talk about loving God they also talk about their love to God regardless the gifts, regardless the reward in second life and regardless the fear of punishment. It's the absolute love.