xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

How Many Iphones?

Hello all, This is really a topic pointed at people with iPhones though you can read on if you want to look at my iPhone disasters.

So far in the space of 2 years I have go through 4 iPhones, now is it me or is everyone else careless of there iPhone.

1) Simply stopped working couldn't turn on, charge, sync etc "Bricked" (iPhone 3G 16GB black)

2) Fell out my pocket and I stood on ( a bit) (iPhone 3G 16GB black)

Posted Image

3) Forum member -Sky- knows what happened to this one after I left it in my trousers and then had a wash in the washing machine the iPhone was completely *BLEEP*ed up. (iPhone 3G S 32GB white)

4) Currently my one now 2010 lets see what the future does ;)(iPhone 3G S 32GB white)

Posted Image

Simply stopped working couldn't turn on, charge, sync etc "Bricked" (iPhone 3G 16GB black)

There is simply nothing called 'Bricked' in the iPhone world. Anything wrong with the software can be fixed by yourself or by sending it to the Apple Service Shop. This has happened to me a whole bunch of times, just search the internet and get advice in forums like modmyi.com or any other site dedicated to iPhone or iPod Touch.

2) Fell out my pocket and I stood on ( a bit) (iPhone 3G 16GB black)

My phone has fallen down the stairs, few about 5 feet vertically when i dropped it, etc. nothing happened. The most i ever got on my phone was a tiny scratch on the edge of the screen (totally usable). Try putting a cover on it or stop being careless.

iPhone was completely *BLEEP*ed up. (iPhone 3G S 32GB white)

Dude, its your phone. Put it on a reachable table or something. Don't you get calls often? I do.

Currently my one now 2010 lets see what the future does (iPhone 3G S 32GB white)

Seriously, after breaking about 3 phones, that cost a fortune, you go out and buy another one? I would have got a 'normal' phone and waited it out for a better phone. I hope you don't break this one too. Good luck!

@Simply stopped working couldn't turn on, charge, sync etc "Bricked" (iPhone 3G 16GB black)

There is simply nothing called 'Bricked' in the iPhone world. Anything wrong with the software can be fixed by yourself or by sending it to the Apple Service Shop. This has happened to me a whole bunch of times, just search the internet and get advice in forums like modmyi.com or any other site dedicated to iPhone or iPod Touch.

I jailbroken it though it crashed after downloading a theme I googled and googled tried most things, I then went to the apple store to try and get a replacement however they rejected it for being Jailbroken and no I did not tell them -.-

@2) Fell out my pocket and I stood on ( a bit) (iPhone 3G 16GB black)

My phone has fallen down the stairs, few about 5 feet vertically when i dropped it, etc. nothing happened. The most i ever got on my phone was a tiny scratch on the edge of the screen (totally usable). Try putting a cover on it or stop being careless.

I hate covers they make the iPhone seem like a old Nokia, I try to look after them but I just get through them like nobody's business.

@iPhone was completely *BLEEP*ed up. (iPhone 3G S 32GB white)

Dude, its your phone. Put it on a reachable table or something. Don't you get calls often? I do.

It was one of them busy days, and you think I don't get calls often lol? Why the heck would I have an iPhone then if I wasn't so popular.... Common sense?

@Currently my one now 2010 lets see what the future does (iPhone 3G S 32GB white)

Seriously, after breaking about 3 phones, that cost a fortune, you go out and buy another one? I would have got a 'normal' phone and waited it out for a better phone. I hope you don't break this one too. Good luck!

I now call this the lucky one has I have not broken it, the only reason is because of my parents being lawyers. Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

LOL...I'm sorry ash, but...did your iphone go for a swim that day? ;) Typical iPhones in my opinion...they suck for one, and...well I have nothing really to say about how you "stood" on it.

You really was not helping the night I told you on xFire laughing your balls off... iPhones do not happen to 'Suck' I doubt you have had enough experience with them after saying such a word like that.

i think the powers that be are telling you something. maybe you aren't supposed to own an iphone hahanormally, i am against extended warranties or insurance but i really do suggest you get insured for your iphone this time. or maybe that's the problem. you ARE insured and you just don't care....either way, try to be more careful and aware. you sound like an accident waiting to happen....

Well I guess you are correct on that anwii :P, I never buy insurance as I get a new Phone like every month well I did till the wonderful iPhone came out. So far I have only dropped it down a couple of stairs the other day good job I had NO case on ;):P.

Hi!I guess it might be possible to brick an iPhone if you are in the middle of a firmware update or are tinkering with the hardware after you get the covers off, but with a simple synchronization, you just can't brick your device unless it's damaged. Perhaps "electronic failure" better describes your scenario.The second iPhone looks likee a burglar broke in... either that or because the crack seems to have origined from the earpiece, you might have been listening to a really terrible singer or an opera on the phone.BTW, what really happened to the phone in the washing machine? Do you have any pictures? Did you take it apart? Did you *microwave* it? Pictures!!! Use the working iPhone to take pictures of iPhone number three and post them!The 2010 iPhone seems to be intact so far. The Apple tech support usually asks if you had a case on the iPhone if you report a broken iPhone, so they do assume that you should be getting on as soon as you get an iPhone. There are some really cool iPhone cases that Chinese manufacturers have to offer and you can perhaps put together one of your own if you feel like starting on a little crafts project.I'm still on my first iPhone and it runs perfectly well, though I did see a couple of iPhones that people have brought to me with half the screen that doesn't work, with the Apple logo stuck on the screen, and other stuff of the sort - the phones themselves do not have any physical signs of damage, but they are pretty much messed up on the inside.