xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

labels How To Start Your First Game Project

labelsHow To Start Your First Game ProjectI have already 1 big project of my own and sense the last Marvel and the ones before were failiurs for me id rather to try to create a interly new X-men project,who is my plan B.The problem its I dnt know how were and with who,to discuss my ideas.I want to know also how can I form up a team,were do I have to search all contacts,I reed about a game software companies but how to know witch one its better and things like this ... I have my eyes on Havok, only till now.
let me introduce my self,my name its valeri and I am 19 I spend fully 8,9 years or maybe more of my life  in the video games,but not because I'm fat or badlooking kid who has no friends,no the contrerary I'm very comunicative witch also supose to be a major factor in the games devolepers seas,no?
however all I need its one man who its from thoose seas no matter programmer or concept artist with a lot of projects behynd his back to feel me in.Really hard to fynd...
anyway I wanted to ask also a few contacts of PS3 XboX360 once I'm ready w my project to contineu forward and most asked my self question its how I can show my idea to them in presentation type and if they like they will invest or how does it works ? I hope U answer me TNX T-T 
-question by valeri

I have toyed around with the concept with making a game, a way to form up a team is to search for them on forums or blogs. Some may charge a fee, but there are some willing to do it without a price. A best place to search is a forum about games or game development, which many users usually debate on. Also, if you aren't able to find a concept artist, there are plenty on the internet who only ask that you give them credit for their work, there are also some who professionally make textures for a fee, some ask for credit also. Other than that, I dont have much knowledge of how many programmers there are, but there are many mappers available.Myself has used Hammer editor (valve) and the Unreal Development Kit *which is a freely distributed maker which uses Unreal Engine 3*(Epic Games). Just a tad bit though, and hammer isnt very user friendly compared to UDK or UE3(which has a license you can buy to use it for I am pretty sure) Hammer is also distributed free by valve. Back on topic, There are many experienced mappers, I am sure programmers, and concept artists/texture creators available, you just have to search them up. Usually you will find mappers on video games (All knowledge on this post is from experiences I have had on games,forums, and engines).Finally, It may be good that you have your eyes on Havok, but you may want a good resume and background if you want to apply. I hope this post helps you, good luck.

Edited by JamesFreddrikks (see edit history)