xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Google Changes Its Name To Topeka

android animals voioce translator and now name change ? hmm, google is getting good at april fool jokes. what was that last time ? toilet internet access. that was lame though..but people are falling for that android translator app.. Lol.

android animals voioce translator and now name change ? hmm, google is getting good at april fool jokes. what was that last time ? toilet internet access. that was lame though..but people are falling for that android translator app.. Lol.

I bet some fool spent ages trying to download this for his iphone so he could speak to his cat. Not me though, I wouldn't do that. ;)

Google's April fools did not match up to their usual goodness. However, they added some neat things to some of their other products like Youtube's text mode, Google doc's cloud for your keys/remotes, and Google Wave's actual human notifications.

However I think that google doesn't take the cake this year for the best April Fools joke. reddit has added the ability for everyone to be an admin, which is really clever.
However, my favorite by far would have to be XKCD's unix-like terminal (hint: type in emacs, and vim hahaha).

Edit: in XKCD type in "make me a sandwich", then type in "sudo make me a sandwich" HAHAHAHhahaha

to be honest i never knew about google's previous april fools jokes thats maybe because i was always away from the net on april 1. but this year i was really surprised to learn that google was changing its name ;) when i read that i was still sleepy to realize that its april1, so i fell for it and became all surprised and stunned :P then when i found out it was all a prank i was surprised and later came to know about all the old pranks as well. looks like i missed a lot of fun over the years. at least now i will keep my eyes open for more surprises from google!

Too bad that most indonesian people and sites i know didn't really into april fools (well at least nobody trying to fool me yesterday) Though i got one from cheat engine from cheatengine.org where it said their freeware program is expired and need to pay thousands to buy the program or it will be limited to first scan only ;) and their forum too where they said that they're going commercial and asking for nearly impossible sum of money to enter the forum. Well maybe that's kind of old but anyway that's the only prank i got yesterday :P

Too bad that most indonesian people and sites i know didn't really into april fools (well at least nobody trying to fool me yesterday)
Though i got one from cheat engine from cheatengine.org where it said their freeware program is expired and need to pay thousands to buy the program or it will be limited to first scan only tongue.gif and their forum too where they said that they're going commercial and asking for nearly impossible sum of money to enter the forum. Well maybe that's kind of old but anyway that's the only prank i got yesterday tongue.gif

lol i think i heard about pranks like those before - you're right that's old! i think in the morning just after you wake up and the mind refuses to wake up, that is the best time to read about pranks like these, because then you will be genuinely surprised, and that is only the fun behind all these pranks - being surprised ;)

well, i noticed the change at about 2am. i wasn't even thinking about april first or fools day so i had to read all about the change. my mind was whirling. how can this be?!? as i was reading, i finally got it. i got caught for about 2 minutes of my time haha. it was a good one but one that can't be repeated again because people will know.after i realized it was april 1st, i was trying to think of a good prank i could pull on trap, but it was late, i was tired, and i couldn't think of a good one ;) actually, i DID think of ONE, but i was two lazy to impliment it and i don't know how opaque would have taken it hahaanyway, i think the prank google made was classic. i liked it. it's always fun to see any billion dollar company willing to celebrate the holidays with it's users and even days like april fools. nothing bad can be said about that. people need to get more in to the spirit of things and i think google sets a good example of this.

Google being Google, will always try ways to be funny. Imagine Microsoft or Yahoo or any major multi-national companies putting that off. Hats off to the guys at Google.

lol i think i heard about pranks like those before - you're right that's old! i think in the morning just after you wake up and the mind refuses to wake up, that is the best time to read about pranks like these, because then you will be genuinely surprised, and that is only the fun behind all these pranks - being surprised :P

lol of course it is, i found out that if you changed your time setting to 1 april then open the cheat engine, you'll eventually get that message ;)well i think it will more genuine when you got the message at the 1 april midnight where you haven't remembered the date and time and surprises about the message (yeah, i suppose it is the 'SURPRISE' that matter!). maybe i'll try to put something in my site too next year :P