xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Starting Off A Blog

Hello All,As some may know I have a few sites on the go, I am starting to get bored and want to go back to blogging,Now I have everything setup the ads money, hosting etc I just need to know what would be a good name. Now the blog will contain all Tech things to gaming. But I really can't think of a name, That's where you guys come in if you could possibly think of one please PM me or reply here ;).Also please suggest a good domain and make sure its not taken before you suggest it :PIf you want to provide more help with me then please PM me with your ideas and how I can get it bigger and advertised :P.Many thanks in advance,

yea. please post all name suggestions here so if it's good enough, i can snatch it up and use it myself. thanks! ;)i've seen many people ask for domain name suggestions in the past and my comment on their post is always the same. i repeat myself over and over again because i think it's important to know that suggestions of this sort should remain private. Better yet, ash, if you are as bored as you say you are, take 5 hours to research some domains. there are very good research tools out there. you just have to use them. that way if someone suggests a good name and you aren't quick enough to react, you wont be pouting later and pissed off. you do know that snatching up a good .com domain is very competitive, right? sure. all the one word ones are taken. the good and available two word domains are rare. even still, i think three word domain names are the best when starting out anyway when you can just concentratge on a good 3 word keyword phrase that can easily be in the top 10 for that phrase.also, i really do want your hosting biz to get off the ground. if you're that bored, why concentrate on a blog that has nothing to do with hosting or marketing or seo or website design, etc.....something similar to your hosting biz that you can sorta link the two togehter and make even more money. unless it's a personal blog, i just don't see the point. running a business is a 24/7 job. you have to be dedicated, but most importantly motivated.my point is, starting a blog where you have to post 1 excellent post per week, or at least two good posts a week, will take take away the time you need to really start up this hosting biz and actually advertise it the way it should be advertised since it takes a lot of time doing easy but tedious work.aren't you going to school? seems to me, schooling and one good internet project you can dedicate yourself to would be good enough to keep you out of your bordom and also have time to relax and enjoy time with friends or off interenet hobbies. it also seems to me that you should also finish an internet project you start first before trying to expand your horizons in other very competitive markets on the internet. you're a smart guy who has a lot going, but i don't see you taking advantage fully in what you know and your thoughts sometimes just seem all over the place.

To late a reply anwiii, I have just purchased a domain "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; so it will obviously be called "Digital Wink" It was originally going to be called "Digital Eye" However the domains I wanted for that where taken I tried buying it off the guy however he rejected for some reason even when there is no "proper" use.Though please carry on suggesting them awesome ways to get it popular and make it at "Fantastic" Quality ;). You seem to be overloading with Ideas :P.

i am too late? i only posted a couple hours after you....sheeeesh ;)a .info? come on ash. you are putting VERY little thought in your name. i hope there isn't a .com with that name because they will be taking all your glory. and how often do you even see a .info in the top 10 rankings??? it's your funeral.....hope you know what you're doing....

Im afraid I have to agree with anwii, .info just isn't that well known to the general public. The domains I would recommend sticking to are .com (For all purposes), .net or .org (If you really must use a name that is taken by .com, but remember that whoever owns the .com will likely steal your traffic) and .co.uk (Why? Because I'm British).These are what I would call the TTLD the Top top level domains, .info just isn't used enough to be memorable and I wouldn't be surprised if your traffic tries Digitalwinkinfo.com or similar names. Think about it this way, say you forget the name of a domain thats .net but you can't remember for sure. I will always try .com, .net and .org and if its none of them let google find it for me, .info doesn't even cross my mind.How many people access google through google.info?I don't mean to be harsh in anyway, I just think that it wasn't the smartest decision to rush into purchasing a name with .info. I would of looked at altering the name personally.

How about http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ = tech etcetera...(the .com is already taken) http://imptestrm.com/rg-erdr.php?_dnm=www.techetcetera.com&_cfrg=1&_drid=as-drid-2300300503455222 is available. But it's too long. But since it's going to be a blog, you can use your online name: ash. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (or techie-ash.com). I love the sound og http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. It's somehow sounds like "kick *bottom*". ;)

Ok that's good to know Mahesh2k, Now does anyone know about Advertising how can I make my blog as big as can be, I mean I am posting up to date content that is happening now such as "iPad" etc how do I get a blog popular. If you can tell this is really my first "proper" blog.

Mybloglog community, blog carnival and entrecard is best way to start promoting your blog. Join any other forum and refer links to your posts if it's relevant to your niche and forum topic. This is one way to get good traffic. Also no matter which forums you join place link in signature so that members can take a look at your blog.

Ok that's good to know Mahesh2k, Now does anyone know about Advertising how can I make my blog as big as can be, I mean I am posting up to date content that is happening now such as "iPad" etc how do I get a blog popular. If you can tell this is really my first "proper" blog.

Search engine optimization, you want to get high enough on a search engine for certain keywords and then the traffic comes in. Take a look at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to get a good idea of how Google ranks pages (Watered down), you will see it's mostly about the way the keyword is arranged on your site and it has some explanation as to how to improve this.

Mybloglog community, blog carnival and entrecard is best way to start promoting your blog. Join any other forum and refer links to your posts if it's relevant to your niche and forum topic. This is one way to get good traffic. Also no matter which forums you join place link in signature so that members can take a look at your blog.

Thanks for the tips mahesh2k, I have signed up to all and have got setup though I need to wait 24hours for it to be approved. About referring people to my blog I have been doing this already trying not to 'Spam'. Do you have any tips for my URL shortner site t...i...n....y....lx.net (Without dots)

Site looks really nice.I checked with one URL and i found that when it shows short URL that page is without any css/content. You need to show some content when you redirect users to the URL page. This way you can plaster some ads to support your service. Check if your current script allows you to embed URL shortner with wordpress. If so, then code wordpress plugins and offer it to bloggers, this is one more way of getting more users and ofcourse traffic. Just want to ask you if your URL shortner allows you to have small frame at the top while redirecting ? If that is possible for you to add via existing script (maybe you need to code) then you can invite advertisers to show their ad when user uses this short URL service. Also sign up to few blogging related affiliate programs and use those text link ads or image ads to your TinyLX page. This will give you some affiliate earning boost. I'm not aware of any advertiser accepting CPM based model for URL shortner site so you need to accept advertisers manually either by asking on forums or via some other networks (craiglist/glumtree etc).

Site looks really nice.
I checked with one URL and i found that when it shows short URL that page is without any css/content. You need to show some content when you redirect users to the URL page. This way you can plaster some ads to support your service. Check if your current script allows you to embed URL shortner with wordpress. If so, then code wordpress plugins and offer it to bloggers, this is one more way of getting more users and ofcourse traffic.

Yes some others have said about the looks I said to them I would be doing it today though I doubt I will due to a busy day.

Just want to ask you if your URL shortner allows you to have small frame at the top while redirecting ? If that is possible for you to add via existing script (maybe you need to code) then you can invite advertisers to show their ad when user uses this short URL service.

My script doesn't seem to like be changing it I have tried doing that 3 times even with a loading page etc.
Thanks for the valued post.