xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Feedback And Suggestions

Hello,This is my suggestions and feedback on the new forum.Now with the new name I think we should start a new leaf as in maybe a change of theme as we have had this one for 2-3 years now and is getting really boring. We could maybe add a rep system to earn a Extra 10 mycents for every rep given. This may require coding a bit more but It will make the forum more popular and get more members involved.Please add your suggestions here for the new style of Xisto.-Ash

how about a rep system where we can give negative rep points? i think you have suggested this idea 2 times in the past, ash. do you think this would be the first time someone actually heard ya?

but under the new names "new sutra" and "Xisto", i do think some things need to change to fit the name. but when you go to those sites, change has already occured so it's just the "forum" you are talking about. i think we all have to be patient and see what opaque has in mind. personally, i like the changes and opaque is taking a big risk here changing things in an already successful forum.

i say give it some time and see what happens before we start suggesting things like a rep system for the second time when that has already been talked about. i am neither for one or against a rep system right now. i AM interested in knowing if there will be a theme change to fit the name and how we can transform this place to a place where people come to find the answers they need and continuing to give something back by still offering free webhosting services.

Hello,
This is my suggestions and feedback on the new forum.

Now with the new name I think we should start a new leaf as in maybe a change of theme as we have had this one for 2-3 years now and is getting really boring. We could maybe add a rep system to earn a Extra 10 mycents for every rep given. This may require coding a bit more but It will make the forum more popular and get more members involved.

Please add your suggestions here for the new style of Xisto.

-Ash

how about a rep system where we can give negative rep points? i think you have suggested this idea 2 times in the past, ash. do you think this would be the first time someone actually heard ya?

but under the new names "new sutra" and "Xisto", i do think some things need to change to fit the name. but when you go to those sites, change has already occured so it's just the "forum" you are talking about. i think we all have to be patient and see what opaque has in mind. personally, i like the changes and opaque is taking a big risk here changing things in an already successful forum.

i say give it some time and see what happens before we start suggesting things like a rep system for the second time when that has already been talked about. i am neither for one or against a rep system right now. i AM interested in knowing if there will be a theme change to fit the name and how we can transform this place to a place where people come to find the answers they need and continuing to give something back by still offering free webhosting services.

I totally agree with Ash about turning a new leaf now. Maybe not a the REP system...that could get a little out of hand,but the one about the theme. It looks the same as trap :P maybe we can get a 'cheap' (about $20-$30 if you wanna go the easy way or just make a new one, i bet someone here can make a very good one). I would suggest to get the theme as a blue color , as everything flows with the blue, but thats just me.

Second of all, we should clean up the forums and delete some sections or merge some, sure it has a wide range but who really wants a big disgusting scroll bar, and have to scroll all the way down and get to the GFX section. We just lift the NO POST on some of the sections such as the GFX section and put it at the top, as its a major part of KS(Xisto, first one to use it :P). myCENTS should be giving for some prizes and the winner of the SOTW (then everyone will enter ;) ) not a lot of money but just enough to be appropriate.

Change the OPEN DISCUSSION to a catchy motto or just put the XISTO motto. Also, the new banner doesn't match with the left part, but PLEASE DON'T FIX IT . WE SHOULD GET A NEW THEME, seriously.

i am agree 100% of changing the theme. and blue or dark blue will be great, maybe a hue between light gray and blue. or better a gradient of light gray and dark crimson. yes i think it will be a great change that fit with the new name. about the rep system i don't know, i can't make a clear idea. after all we can do is make suggestion and finally it is up to opaque.

Ok so it does seem you really do not care about the REP system that is fine. But I am glad you all agree with me on a Theme Change we have had this for 3 years or longer I think now, I don't mind if the admins keep this one but at least give us a choice of themes and no boring ones ;). Many some members can start suggesting some they would like in this topic please.

But I am glad you all agree with me on a Theme Change we have had this for 3 years or longer I think now

The current theme has only been up for about as long as Credit System v3 has been out (which is around 1.5 years). I've been with Xisto for about 5 years now (though it actually doesn't feel like it has been that long for me) and have seen the forum and the credit system get upgraded over those years. If you are talking about the over-all layout, then that is different. But if that is the case, theme != layout. But i do agree slightly concerning the theme. The green flare in the new logo does not match the current theme.

Later today I will be looking at themes for IPB 2.0.x though it would be nice if some other members can help me find some that they like giving us an plenty of choices.

Later today I will be looking at themes for IPB 2.0.x though it would be nice if some other members can help me find some that they like giving us an plenty of choices.

I can make a custom theme just for trap.. err..I mean.. Xisto...
may I direct you to this post

I will change the theme once I upgrade the forums to v3.As for the reputation mod, I m sick of getting outside modules who do not give any support. And each time the forum version changes, the reputation system is lost. I m planning to code a general "thank you" system. Members can thank each other leaving a personal note. And there will be a page for each member showing the no. of thanks he received along with Post information, Date and Name of the person thanking.

I can make a custom theme just for trap.. err..I mean.. Xisto...

may I direct you to this post

That theme/skin is that good. I FOUND A TOTALLY AWESOME ONE THAT WOULD MATCH Xisto PERFECTLY. Actually, i have 2 of them. Both of them are color-based skins from Invisionize which is a most trusted IPB theme website that provides themes for free.

Just Like IPB 3

Short Description

IPB 2.3 skin for those who like the new IPB 3 style.

Link: http://skins.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/8418

This totally fits the TRAP style website. I would 150% recommend this theme.

Life's Lush

Short Description

Professional Blue and Green Skin.

This is a pretty good theme, but not as the first!

Who else wants the NEW Trap to have the the first theme? ;)

I will change the theme once I upgrade the forums to v3.
As for the reputation mod, I m sick of getting outside modules who do not give any support. And each time the forum version changes, the reputation system is lost. I m planning to code a general "thank you" system. Members can thank each other leaving a personal note. And there will be a page for each member showing the no. of thanks he received along with Post information, Date and Name of the person thanking.

And when are you going to upgrade into IPB 3.0 ? Its been there for years now! There are wonderful tutorials on the net telling how to upgrade to V3! I hope you can upgrade it within the next few WEEKS! You can do the thank you system later, after we upgrade.

Why upgrade from IPB 2.3.5 to 3.0.x?

3.0 is a complete rewrite with a new ACP, better skinning system, better mod system, more Web 2.0 features (i.e. AJAX all over, especially in the ACP), and other minor improvements in almost every area. 2.3.5 has security bugs.

As for the reputation mod, I m sick of getting outside modules who do not give any support. And each time the forum version changes, the reputation system is lost. I m planning to code a general "thank you" system. Members can thank each other leaving a personal note. And there will be a page for each member showing the no. of thanks he received along with Post information, Date and Name of the person thanking.

That sound's good we are finally going to be upgrading though I bet with this there will be a ton of down time but who cares if the outcome is better. I wouldn't mind IPB 3 deafult theme it was very clean and has a good feel though again as an admin you should listen to your forum members to make it better (Giving us an option of themes) not just stuck in the same boring one. By the way a reputation system is pre built into IPB 3 if you would care to use it, but as you said if you want to code something then do its just a lot more time wasting.

Anyway I hope you can make some forum announcements on the upgrading from 2.3.x to 3! ;)

I think it's very good that you told us your plans, and the thanks system would be great! I think a thanks count would matter alot in showing how good of quality a member's posts are, just be careful, if you havn't done it already.. coding the myCENT system to work with IPB3 will take alot of work.

I can't wait for the upgrade it will be so much better than this and have a good look 'n feel please do this ASAP ;) really there is no need for a new theme if we are going to IPB 3.0.X as the standard theme rocks!

So we're discussing this same topic yet again?! More myCENTs for me ;)I remember someone on this very forum commenting that IPB V3 is too buggy? I'm too lazy to find that thread now so I can't gather much details, but I remember the replies to that thread supporting the view that IPB v3 isn't ready for our forum, at least not yet. I don't know how far this is true as I haven't much G.K. about the differences between the old and new versions, but it would be a good idea to keep the stability factor in mind when upgrading to the newer version. For a forum as big as T17/KS, it's much too risky to just take chances...