xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Kontera Accounts Linked To Trap17 is it really needed?

i was thinking about this for some time now and want to make a suggestion regarding kontera accounts linked to Xisto, enabling users to benefit from some of the profits?although i never spoke to kontera personally, i am under a strong impression that if you don't make $100 within a 6 month period of time, you lose everything that you have gained in the past from 6 months and earlier. this is not acceptable. at least for those who aren't linking their account to any other website. it's almost impossible to hit that $100 mark in 6 months.so while this system is in place, there is a lot of wasted money that floats back in to kontera's pockets. this doesn't have to happen. i suggest trap or the new form that is being implimented in the near future doesn't share advertising profits. that way no money is wasted. trap doesn't get a very large percentage. the members get an enourmous chunk of the profits from kontera but are unable to meet that 6 month, $100 minimum. if trap kept all of it, no money would go to waste, and it would enable trap to either lower hosting costs for everyone, hire people, upgrade servers or software, etc....i would rather see the money put to good use rather than have it wasted and floating back to kontera. the users can still benefit.....just not directly through kontera where they weren't even benefiting anyway. the very few people if any that are benefiting shouldn't outweigh those who aren't where more money can be flowing through Xisto and it's membership than already is. even if the money wasn't even spent for good use on trap, at least it is money not wasted.so that is my suggestion. because although the shared advertising profits encourage posting, 99% of the members have's seen a dime because of kontera's terms and policy.

We discussed this already in this thread. Your money with kontera is safe and they're calculating so there is nothing to worry about. You can still ask customer support and check how much you've earned so far.

One of old trap members inquired about this and got reply from them. Check this reply directly to see what he says about his experience with kontera support.

oh, yeah. today i was thinking of adding some kontera ads, and i was reading here and there to know how it works with trap. but after reading mahesh2k thread, it is so disappointing thing. i don't want to have an extra headache thinking of earning or not so i will cancel this idea.and thanks to maheshek and anwiii to starting this topic and the other one about kontera, a few days ago i was thinking of putting some ads in my website, and these threads helped me get information about this company which most of them are negative, so i will delete this company from my list.

Yeah you do not lose your money, although they only do six month blocks of displaying your earnings, meaning if you go from Jan-Jun and then you hit July, then you will not see Jan's earnings. Of course, since you can download the data it is a good way to keep track of your earnings for that year.

you actually missed my whole point. i wasn't i don;'t even really care if they hold on to your earnings longer than 6 months. the fact is, it would take an average user 4 years just to get to that $100. in the meantime, you have all these users with money in their accounts doing absolutely nothing. it's just sitting there when it could benefit trap. i don't know about you, bu i am not that desperate for $100 in 5 years and if trap didn't share the earnings, then they would get all the money within a months time rather than have to wait 4-5 years. now are you seeing my point? money will not be sitting around or be wasted. it can be used right away. i gaurantee you people have not thought this through and this suggestion is a pretty good one since considering some users float in and out, they will never even get to the $100 in their lifetime.....that means there's money in peoples accounts that will NEVER be used. trap could earn $1000's more when users may cash out for $1000 max.

my post wasn't about complaining about kontera and their payouts. it was more about trap and effeciently using money NOW that will just go to waste or sitting around for 4-5 years in a members account.

and sorry, kontera SUCKS. anyone who is planning on using them for their own website, DON'T. i have about 4,500 impressions just on trap. i opened the account in january which means i got these impressions in about 4 months time. how much is my earnings? less than $2. i know everyone's account will differ. i don't talk too much in the high value keyword topics, but i do know i have been in the top 5 in posting in the last 4 months. so for me personally, let's say i earn 2 dollars every 4 months. that means it will be 16 years before i get to cash out :angel: and this is from a top poster :P something is wrong with either the system or kontera or both. either way, i would rather see trap get the money than have people sitting around for 5 years(a VERY conservative figure that i have just proved) waiting for that all mighty benjamin who's value will be twice as less if in fact this member has to wait that whole 15 or so years like me :D

so THIS is exactly why i posted my suggestion. this topic has NOT been talked about before like you had stated so please try to understand why i posted this suggestion. it was a suggestion. not a complaint.

We discussed this already in this thread. Your money with kontera is safe and they're calculating so there is nothing to worry about. You can still ask customer support and check how much you've earned so far.
One of old trap members inquired about this and got reply from them. Check this reply directly to see what he says about his experience with kontera support.

I confirmed this as well. You do not lose money though reporting doesn?t go back further than 6 months. I would recommend downloading your report every month and keeping track that way. Your money will just continue to roll from month to month until you hit the minimum payout.

you actually missed my whole point. i wasn't i don;'t even really care if they hold on to your earnings longer than 6 months. the fact is, it would take an average user 4 years just to get to that $100. in the meantime, you have all these users with money in their accounts doing absolutely nothing. it's just sitting there when it could benefit trap. i don't know about you, bu i am not that desperate for $100 in 5 years and if trap didn't share the earnings, then they would get all the money within a months time rather than have to wait 4-5 years. now are you seeing my point? money will not be sitting around or be wasted. it can be used right away. i gaurantee you people have not thought this through and this suggestion is a pretty good one since considering some users float in and out, they will never even get to the $100 in their lifetime.....that means there's money in peoples accounts that will NEVER be used. trap could earn $1000's more when users may cash out for $1000 max.
my post wasn't about complaining about kontera and their payouts. it was more about trap and effeciently using money NOW that will just go to waste or sitting around for 4-5 years in a members account.

and sorry, kontera SUCKS. anyone who is planning on using them for their own website, DON'T. i have about 4,500 impressions just on trap. i opened the account in january which means i got these impressions in about 4 months time. how much is my earnings? less than $2. i know everyone's account will differ. i don't talk too much in the high value keyword topics, but i do know i have been in the top 5 in posting in the last 4 months. so for me personally, let's say i earn 2 dollars every 4 months. that means it will be 16 years before i get to cash out :angel: and this is from a top poster :P something is wrong with either the system or kontera or both. either way, i would rather see trap get the money than have people sitting around for 5 years(a VERY conservative figure that i have just proved) waiting for that all mighty benjamin who's value will be twice as less if in fact this member has to wait that whole 15 or so years like me :D

so THIS is exactly why i posted my suggestion. this topic has NOT been talked about before like you had stated so please try to understand why i posted this suggestion. it was a suggestion. not a complaint.

Oh so your saying that money that isn't being used under Xisto accounts get pushed to cover costs in Xisto? If so then that isn't possible since those kontera accounts are tied into other websites, I know I have it listed in several websites I am running and so that would be a problem. On top of that it would not be ethical and in a sense Xisto would be doing a Google and that it waits for you to build up enough money and then take it. Besides I don't think Kontera would allow that because of privacy issues since users need to put down contact information in order for them to recieve money. On top of that the use of Social security numbers is in use and so if Xisto had access to all those accounts and got hacked into then Xisto would be sued quicker then butter melting on a hot plate.

if trap is using kontera ads on their forums, they have two choices. to share revenue or not share revenue. my suggestion is to NOT share revenue. that doesn't effect anyone at all who is using kontera for other sites and has no effect on anything being hacked so i don't know exactly what you were talking about or maybe you are misreading what i was trying to say. if trap chooses not to share revenue, instead of money not being paid out, it WOULD get paid out very quickly. istead of in the members hands though, it would be in the hands of trap and can use that money more effectively rather than non effectively in other members accounts where it's nearly impossible for a payout. it's pretty much commen sense. the only plus side i can see is from a non money persepctive in getting people to post more, but in fact, people aren't even posting more so there isn't a plus side for revenue sharing right now.

Oh so your saying that money that isn't being used under Xisto accounts get pushed to cover costs in Xisto? If so then that isn't possible since those kontera accounts are tied into other websites, I know I have it listed in several websites I am running and so that would be a problem. On top of that it would not be ethical and in a sense Xisto would be doing a Google and that it waits for you to build up enough money and then take it. Besides I don't think Kontera would allow that because of privacy issues since users need to put down contact information in order for them to recieve money. On top of that the use of Social security numbers is in use and so if Xisto had access to all those accounts and got hacked into then Xisto would be sued quicker then butter melting on a hot plate.

Ok I see were your coming from now, but you have to remember though Xisto would still need access to the members accounts or rather to their kontera id numbers and somehow set it up for bulk use. Odds are though Kontera wouldn't allow it and all acounts part of it would get terminated because it would be considered a scam or something like that.I would most definately agree Xisto would make that $100 in no time but since everyone is allowed one account per person it wouldn't have been possible. Granted we have a lot of forums to put an ID number in but still addresses would have to be the same and even then all the money would be tied into one account and so regardless of where it comes from website or trap kontera doesn't take that into consideration.

Well i don't know about others and their numbers with kontera. For me last one month is just fine, after so many useless months. i'm getting better numbers from kontera. last week especially earned me 2.7$. it's keyword game + lots of impressions. I'm using kontera on other revenue share blog sites as well, and that is what helping me add more number of impression and cents. Relying only on Xisto for impressions and clicks will get no money that is for sure and will take years for making 100$. Using it with it with other blogs(snipsly) and some other personal or site like that share kontera share will increase count slowly but much better than single source. I want Xisto to continue revenue share model. reason is affinity doesn't allow revenue share model same is the case with infolinks as of now. And we don't have to worry about opaque he's getting his cheques regularly, Xisto and asta is giving enough impression that kontera wants so all we have to do is worry about our revenue share. I prefer not to leave any earning source like that(i do think about it sometimes but i digress), putting all the efforts in ad-sense will hardly help. Even though kontera sucks if any site is having lot of impressions and giving me impression share then i'll not pass that at all,even if it's slow.

The better suggestion would be for those who do not want to collect Kontera's ad money, those who cannot earn enough to collect and goes to waste, or those who would want to donate/contribute to Xisto forum can use Xisto's Kontera's account number in their Kontera account box.This way, when they post every little bit of it goes towards Xisto. And when enough people collect and contribute Xisto can benefit/profit from trickling collection.For those who would like to take advantage of this new suggestion, simply contact OpaQue directly and request for his account number. Unless this is also against TOS of Kontera OpaQue would like the idea. I don't think it's against their TOS because when a member does not have Kontera it defaults to Xisto's account--unless this too was changed recently.

actually, EXACTLY. that would perform the same thing i was talking about. and i think you were the only one who got it. so then either way should be implimented so if it's done with your suggestion, i would suggest under the directions of how to set up a kontera account, this might be suggested in there with the account id. i would definately be one to do this because. i absolutely hate wasted money like a vengence. but there are people who use kontera on other sites who can in fact get paid off in a year. this wouldn't be for them....but it would for the majority of users

also, with my research, i know that kontera is open to negotiations if it's a website with high traffic. they don't want to lose the business so they are willing to pay more. in some cases, double what they are paying now. like i said before $2 for almost 5,000 impressions is ridiculously low. i am wondering what other people are being paid through trap only on impression(their cpm)

The better suggestion would be for those who do not want to collect Kontera's ad money, those who cannot earn enough to collect and goes to waste, or those who would want to donate/contribute to Xisto forum can use Xisto's Kontera's account number in their Kontera account box.
This way, when they post every little bit of it goes towards Xisto. And when enough people collect and contribute Xisto can benefit/profit from trickling collection.

For those who would like to take advantage of this new suggestion, simply contact OpaQue directly and request for his account number. Unless this is also against TOS of Kontera OpaQue would like the idea. I don't think it's against their TOS because when a member does not have Kontera it defaults to Xisto's account--unless this too was changed recently.

I agree. Great idea from anwii. I think that trap forums should not share revenue with members. So all money generated would go to a trap account on kontera which gathers all clicks from all forums, so that this money than can be used to make hosting accounts cheaper for trap users. Good idea. If it can be realized it would be great.

Well if you want some stats, I can provide some. Since January of this year till now, I have earn a total of 30,472 impressions, with 564 clicks, I won't mention the dollar amount but your reason of thought is correct. Granted I got kontera added in several of my websites, however, a great chunk of them are coming Xisto. Yeah the money isn't great but because of how random your link shows up on Xisto it takes even longer to build and posts do affect the frequency of your link showing up, but if you want to earn from Kontera you need to run it on your own website and produce a lot of kontera to help balance it out.Now from what buff suggested Xisto would hit that $100 treshhold quickly, of course you first have to do several things, ask the user if they want to do this and see if Kontera allows such a thing to happen.

that's why i suggested it. it would be GREAT for new users and even some old users. it would enable the logic plan to be free or a combination of the plans to be lowered. and if opaque is creative enough, he can actually offer domains for free because of the extra income. maybe free domains after already been hosting for a year or free domains as long as you have 100-200 posts for the year or so. who knows.....there are a lot of advantages to create the perfect plans with no ad sharing but there is 1 HUGE disadvantage to it. if hosting is actually free, then people would post less and ad revenues would be as much. BUT! if one gets a little creative, it can work well and drive large amounts of traffic and increase the active membership. so as an example, if we currectly had 20 people posting 5 posts a day for 100 posts we could compare that to 100 people posting only 1 post a day. so even though the post counts per person is lower, we still recieve the same amount of posts or even MORE if done right.but i don't really look at it as taking away ad sharing. instead of the forum sharing ad revenue with the members, it's the members sharing revenue with the admin(when they aren't going to cash out anyway and money is being WASTED) to make this place more new user friendly.