xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ridwan sameer

Less Forums Nao

Should There be less Sections  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay so the fact that there are so many Forums here Bothers meYes its really hard to post when there are so many Forums... I prefer less... WAY lessI mean Why have so many.... It doesnt benefit us in anyway.. it onyl bring people who just post for the sake of it and for MyCents... I mean there would be a lot more discussion if there were less topics... easier to find. + It will make this forum look mroe active.. Almost each Section will have a post that was made in teh current day.. Right now when i look some section havent been posted in for a few daysSO i suggest reducing teh Section... PLease post your thoughts here

first of all, i am understanding that it's not forums but the categories and sub catagories? if so, then i disagree HIGHLY. everything is organized well for individual categories and topics.it does get confusing when you think you need to browse all the categories just to post something, but at least it's organized. what YOUR opinion is stating is that Xisto should be less organized. that is just an insane opinion....in MY opinon :angel:plus, when you have more categories, your posts will rank better in the search engines because they will be considered relevent posts depending on the category you post in. you are posting in a category with hundreds of other posts that make your post more relevant.if we limit the categories, might as just have only one. a general discussion to talk about anything. what that would do is make it easier to post, but it would be harder to find and search for posts and topics that you are interested in reading. and if you have an important question that needs answering, i gaurantee you it will get lost very easily among all the other posts in that one category. yuck!you claim there would be a lot more discussion if there were less categories. i think that would be FAR from the truth. it would be the exact opposite. who wants to post in only one category? or maybe we have 5 to choose from? what would those five catagories be when it would do injustice to any unrelated topics? you don't see the benefits for all the catagories? well, then you aren't thinking much on it. think more on it.btw- loved your link in the shoutbox to your post here. i thought that was against the rules....

Ah, some people here are claiming for increasing section some are claiming for reduction. hmm, one thing is that increasing is always better than reducing some forums. why ? many pages are indexed by SE and are getting some traffic for it. how you know that they're not good for traffic ? unless opaque finds any forum with no traffic i don't see any valid reason for deleting any forums. maybe you can stick with new threads or recent threads if you want to. I'm also finding hard time these days for posting some replies to topics as there are very few topics to discuss.

I agree with anwii. The whole Trap forums seem fine as they are. More categories of discussion etc, though it's just the activity. Not many people are posting much anymore, like 900 or so guests, like 5 members online? That MUST be an activity simulator.

Less forums will bring more activity 100% sure.... atleast thats how it will seem to bypassers seeing as almost every category will have a post in it that made at teh time of browsing

well, i have to admit that sometimes i have a bad time trying to find the convenient section to post my topic. even sometimes post a topic in a wrong section :angel: and bother the moderator to change it. but decrease the sections, of course not. i am against this 100%the variety of sections here are very useful, it provides a huge amount of information about everything. it is also always fun to take a tour searching for new sections that you never see before. i do that myself when i had no topic to post. and believe me i always find new category with new topics. in fact i am unlike you, i am thinking for asking the administrators here to add new section for anime. i am a big fan of anime, and some of the members too. i hope i can do that.

About the numbers of categories here, i agree that it is too many. But that never really concern me though. You see, i almost never post new threads, and only has about 300 post at the moment. But that doesn't because the confusion from the number of categories Xisto has, it simply because i'm lazy :angel: Don't take it wrong, i do like posting. It just that i can't really post much in foreign language, especially where all posts are counted, checked, and edited (if you did something wrong :P ) Anyway, back to the categories. I don't think it should be less. I can find almost everything i need just fine. Like, when you need to look at the website discussion or reviews, it is there. When you want to find something spiritually, it is there. All categories has been described so it shouldn't be that hard to find the things you're interested in. But, it might be good if someone do something about the main page. It is WAY too long.

Yes but is it necessary to host teh Qupis Support forum... The Xisto - Web Hosting Support forums... The Xisto dot net Support forum? Traponion ,,, The health thing... The business thing

More section are always better. Reducing to small section and being zen and minimalistic goes nowhere. Okay we'll proceed something like this. i don't want to participate in pet forums so remove that and someone don't want want to participate in technology but wants to participate on pet forums so remove tech forums for him. see where it goes ?we can choose which forums to pick into and discuss things. just like facebook and orkut we can choose to go to community or group that interests us. just cause there are too many communities we can't reduce them. More category the better way to organize topics. now that you're into magic cookie for less clutter i think you can stick with "new posts or threads" only.

Ok, "teh" is getting annoying now, there is a time and a place, and the place isnt T17.On topic, there is no need to reduce the categories. It means that we then need to have a whole "Other Stuff" category for all the deleted categories to go into (eg the health forum cant be discussed in technology because it is off topic, so it needs an "other stuff" place for health stuff, business stuff etc... to go).Then we end up with this huge other stuff forum which is full of crap that no-one reads anyway.. so *shrug* leave it as it is.

The current number of forums/threads works for me...I only post on sections I understand and where I can say something with confident..So..I think there's no need to remove some of the sections..:}