xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

video upload how do you upload video to your website?

video upload

how do you upload video to your website?

how people uploadvideo on my website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by raja yousaf

it depends on what you mean by "upload to your website"

if you want to host video files on your website than you need a host provider that allows it, and if you just want to have a video played on one of the pages than you need a youtube account or a vimeo or some other service of that kind, than you can embed their player in your site.

to embed a youtube video watch this tutorial: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

:angel:

got2get is right. The answer generally depends on what you meant by "How to upload video?". If you are referring to letting users (admin, mods, members or guest) upload any video to your website, then it will take a lot of work and learning. If you're using a CMS (Content Management System), best to ask help in their community board. I'm sure a lot of people has tried to set it up using the same CMS. But if you're website is hard-coded. I would suggest embedding youtube videos. This will save you time. You don't have to convert the videos to streamable file like an FLV file.

Initially you would want to have a file uploader to upload the initial source file, then convert it to flash format, then create a new page with that video on it (eg. viewVideo.php?id=1). Of course you would need a video player to play it (recommend hdflvplayer http://www.hdflvplayer.net/).

I however haven't tried to do anything such as this yet, but that should cover the basic idea. In fact, I may try something along these lines soon for my gaming site.

If you don't mind, you can just upload your vid to youtube with these regular formats(.mp4, .mpeg, .mov(or .mvo, idk), .mmv, etc) and from there when your video finishes processing, you can go to the bottom(where your description is) and get the embed code for it. Then you simply put the embed code anywhere on your website and that's where your video will show up. Note however, that the youtube logo will appear on the embedded video, but it shouldn't be much of a problem.