xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Photoshop Cs4 Signature Tutorial (video, 720p)

Hey guys, it was requested that I am to show you guys how to do my clipping mask effect that I have recently been using in signatures. Here is a video on how to (in action with a signature)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And here is a text tutorial on how to actually do the particular clipping mask effect with images:

1. On your signature/canvas create a new layer Posted Image.

2. Take your rectangle Marquee tool Posted Image and make a selection for the general size that you want your clipping mask to be.

Posted Image

That will be the general thickness of the clipping mask, but not its final orientation.

3. Fill the selection, on the new layer you previously created, with white.

4. Once filled with white, copy these layer styles (feel free to adjust them to whatever you want, there is no limitation on imagination!)

Posted Image

5. Once you add those effects, click ok, and then click "Control + T" or "Command + T" for OS X users to transform the object, then rotate it at the desired degree (holding shift makes it lock, and jump at certain degrees, very useful)

6. After you adjust the orientation, hide Posted Image the layer with the white shape that you just created by clicking the little eye next to it.

7. Now create a new layer Posted Image and go to Image > Apply image. Click OK without altering any of the settings.

8. Make sure the layer that you just click apply image on is above the layer where your white box is.

9. Now right click the layer where you applied image, and click "Create Clipping Mask."

Posted Image

10. Finally move around the layer which you just clicked "create clipping mask" on to get your wanted affect!

The final result of this can be found in the following signatures:

Posted Image

Hope this helped, comment with any critique or question!

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

Ooo, very useful. Thank you for posting this Tramposch. It helped me a bit to complete my new signature! :P Do you think you could make a tutorial for all Adobe products? (IF you have all :angel:) ?

Thanks for the tutorial, Tramposch. I hadn't even noticed that you used clipping earlier, but it looks cool and adds a nice dimension to the work.
You can do this with GIMP, too (for us poor guys :P), with a few steps. tutorial
Basically that and fill selection with black on lower layer & blur with gaussian blur. :angel:

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

Ooo, very useful. Thank you for posting this Tramposch. It helped me a bit to complete my new signature! :angel: Do you think you could make a tutorial for all Adobe products? (IF you have all :P) ?

What do you mean all adobe products?
And dont miss the video

Thanks for the tutorial, Tramposch. I hadn't even noticed that you used clipping earlier, but it looks cool and adds a nice dimension to the work.You can do this with GIMP, too (for us poor guys :P), with a few steps. tutorial
Basically that and fill selection with black on lower layer & blur with gaussian blur. :o

No prob man. I never personally liked gimp :D.. dont miss the video at the top though.

You've been really active on here, I kinda came back again, after doing like a million survey sites since I need hosting again >.> On topic, nice tutorial and I really like the sigs you have there, just noticed that you had more than one cut clipping mask in the sample signature, makes it look pretty awesome.

Cool. That's the thing I want and you've done it.I was dreaming of making some pictures with Photoshop but I'm still a novice of Photoshop.

Here is the thing I can do now. very simple
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, I really need the tutorial like yours! Great video dude!

All I have to say is.. Don't give up, just keep trying, keep trying, and keep trying!

And thanks, I'll try to make some more simple tutorials for beginners.