xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Running With Scissors

Remember Space Jam?

Do you remember Space Jam? I remember Space Jam. How could you not? Michael Jordan. The Looney Tunes. Some... other people. I didn't care about any of them. I just cared about MJ and Bugs Bunny mostly. Michael was a good sport for being in a movie like that and it did feature a lot of cameos from NBA stars. I just like it when athletes can come together on a project like that.

In case you didn't see it, I'll give a brief plot summary from what I remember. So Bugs and the guys are all in Looney Tune land when these aliens come down and want to use the Looney Tunes as entertainers in their galactic theme parks or something. So Bugs is just toying with the shrimps and tells them sure, if they beat them in basketball. So the aliens steal the talent from NBA players in the real world and grow all huge to become the Mon-Stars. Meanwhile MJ is retired and is just failing at baseball. Bugs lures him to Tune world and convinces him to join the team. They play and win (because you know, Michael Jordan retired is still better than 5 NBA all stars put together), the players get their talent back and all is restored.

What might you ask was the best part of the movie? The soundtrack of course! My mom bought me the cassette and I listened to it all the time. It had some cool sporty type songs to get you pumped, some softer, inspirational types (I Believe I Can Fly). Oh yeah, it also had one of the best rap collaborations OF ALL TIME.

B Real (from Cypress Hill aka the "Insane in the Membrane" guys), Busta Rhymes, Coolio, LL Cool J, and Method Man joined forces from Hit Em High (The Monstars Anthem) which to this day is still one of the tightest songs period. The best part, they made a video for it! Be sure to check out if anybody's verse, check out LL. He murders this one. Busta Rhymes is an animal as usual.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I remember SpaceJam! I was a little boy when I first saw it. It's an English movie so I didn't really understand what they're saying. All I remember is that Jordan has to play Basketball with the Looney Toons. Then he stretches his arm in the latter part to make the slam dunk.

I remember this movie, it is something more than a cartoon . we have the NBA star Jordan over there, I remember seeing him playing for Chicago Bulls, all of a sudden i saw him in this movie. The movie was so good and i really liked it . The song in the movie is tooo good. The song reads, I believe that i can fly etc etc. and i really love the song, it also says that i believe i can jump and touch the skies. Isnt it something like " Heights of beliefs" lol what ever i love the song, and i love the movie toooo