xisto Community
bigboss

Mac Or Windows? or both? whats your preference?

this has probably been done a few times, but i'm curious to peoples thoughts on windows and mac; what's your opinion on the two and which do you prefer (or do you like them both?)?I myself lean towards mac slightly as if i become a graphic designer of some sort i will most likely be using them; i also like the os and their style.I do like windows too though, pc games are great fun and compatibility isnt a worry.so, comments? thoughts? mental ramblings?

Are you allowed to debate about that?

I have never tried utilising a Machintosh but I've hear lots of great parodies over them.

Here's one I'll think you'll find entertaining. It's about a guy who stutters over his words

MP3 is about 620KB in size

May contain abusive language

yes, i aggree that mac is better than windows for graphics design. cause the processorr's architecture is RISC as far as i know.windows that using intel proceessor, is CISC.but for applications like office tools, i like windows. coz mostly user using that. no need converters. :D

I love Macs, and they don't use RISC (Reduce Instruction Set Computer), they use a better processor than Intel, so I guess, most likely MISC (Miniture Instruction Set Computer)but currently, I'm stuck with a crappy Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ with Windows, but I have Linux, which is good :Dxboxrulz

I know that when I go to Uni I'm going to drop the Windows system altogether because my graphics work will be done on macs.I guess they both have their plus' and minus' but if I had to plump for one I'd have to go mac, the whole design is better and isn't as prone to 'injury' as Windows. I think i've only had my ibook crash on me twice where as i'll probably get a Windows crash every couple of days or so!

Honestly I think that the Mac OS X system is wonderful. I recently used it and I couldn't find any flaws in it. It ran smooth, downloads were instantly told to me and I was allowed to choose whether to do so or not. Even for the smallest files. I thought that it was pretty complete and though Windows has a lot of extra features that can be attached, I think that Mac OS X would also at some point in time.

I like windows much more, and well i have used macs, not too much but enough to say that i like windows better, i just like the way it looks and everything about it pretty much, mostly because almost every piece of software is made to atleast run in windows.

yes, i aggree that mac is better than windows for graphics design. cause the processorr's architecture is RISC as far as i know.

windows that using intel proceessor, is CISC.

but for applications like office tools, i like windows. coz mostly user using that. no need converters.  ;)

50179[/snapback]

Can't forget AMD, which is what I use. (3500+ AMD 64)

I've been using windows since windows 95 came out, and it's what I'm used to. I hate microsoft, but unfortunately, Windows is the only OS that I'm used to. I know it pretty much inside and out, at least as much as I coudl learn, and some things about it frustrate me. But, I can't do anything about it.

I am very serious and I feel like I wanna throw up on people who dont like mac, lol. Mac is the best out there except the fact that there isnt much in the way of games for it. But theres tons of regular softwarre for it and its like 10 times more stable than windows and alot more secure then windows OR linux, and he has very very few memory leeks. Plus the OS is alot easier to use than windows or linux. So basicaly I saw mac is practicaly th best. Also I have 2 macs and soon to be 3 and I still cant understand why people make comments about mac when they have probably only used it for 5 minutes at an apple store and didnt even own one themselves to actually find out how good and useful and better it can be than windows or any othe of those OSs. Anyway its just an opinion so it doesnt really matter. ;):P