xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

Just Registered ( Ithink/hope) The registration procedure

I have registered with free hosts before, but the procedure here is quite different from what I'm used to. To be honest, I'm just a wee bit confused. I'm not altogether sure how it all works and would appreciate some advice. Am I right in assuming that I have to earn a certain number of 'mycents' before I actually get the hosting? That's fine by me coz the features on offer are at least as good as some paid hosting I've used before. Like I said, I'd really appreciate a bit of feedback.Thanks

Edited by 230359 (see edit history)

Hello 230359 and welcome to the "Slightly Confused Newbies" Club. I, too, am a new member and still attempting to find my way around.At the risk of the blind leading the blind, here is what I think I've figured out.1) You post things on a forum and receive credits. Some of the forums do not "count" but they appear to be clearly marked. When you accumulate enough credits, you will be able to pay for a "month's worth" of hosting with Xisto.2) At some point you need to register with the Billing Department. I believe you can do that from https://support.xisto.com/. When you make an account with them, make sure you use the same e-mail address that you used when you registered for these forums. I've already done this part and the Billing Department seems quite happy to take a credit card as well as "MyCents" points.3) When you have enough MyCents to start an account, go to the bottom of the main forum "navigator" and there is a place to tell the Xisto administrators what you want to put on your proposed site. They have to approve it before you get storage space and bandwidth, it seems. Although I'm pretty well as new as you around here, this is what I'm guessing.If you want to start a site so that the members of your family which are scattered across a continent can communicate with each other, you will probably get approved. If your site's purpose is to promote the ethnic cleansing of some minority, it will probably not get approved, lol.Hope this helps. I hate feeling "lost" as well. Talk to you later.

Rael IAK covered pretty much all the bases. it doesn't take much work to get enough posts for a month's worth of myCENTS- i just bought a whole year of hosting (at a discount price because i bought a year).you can look at your MyCENTS in your profile or when you post.

first to say, hello there 230359. Welcome to the Xisto community where you can get your very own free web hosting without ads just for posting some high quality posts :P
now let me help you with your questions, i hope i can give you some helpful answers though :P

I have registered with free hosts before, but the procedure here is quite different from what I'm used to. To be honest, I'm just a wee bit confused. I'm not altogether sure how it all works and would appreciate some advice.

the system procedure, in a quick and short view is : you post in the forum -> you get myCent -> myCent converted to USD dollars -> you go to xisto billing -> you bought the hosting package -> you got what you wanted. difficult? absolutely no. easy? YES! (if you take the effort, that is...) :Dyou can see more about the myCENT system right here on this link : More about myCENTS - CreditSystem
and this Free Web Hosting (free Xisto/asta Subdomain Hosting Procedure) sure can help you too, though the screens seems to outdated, but the procedure still quite the same :angel:

Am I right in assuming that I have to earn a certain number of 'mycents' before I actually get the hosting? That's fine by me coz the features on offer are at least as good as some paid hosting I've used before. Like I said, I'd really appreciate a bit of feedback.Thanks

yup, you're right about this. the "myCENT" you have is simply your "money" to buy your hosting. each myCENT represent USD 1 CENT. so if you want to buy one logic linux hosting package (the cheapest one) in https://support.xisto.com/ area, which is about USD $2, you'll need about 200 myCENT. sounds too much? no, it isn't. if you can make yourself post some long posts (i said long posts, not a lot of posts), you'll get your hosting in no time. some people can even take their hosting packages plus .com domain names in their first 3 day around here (while i need about 1 month for it... oh well don't mind about me) :D

and again, i say welcome for you and enjoy your time :o

Actually I didn't know how to earn my cent when I signed up the community. I have got some help from F&Q and try myself and it works. Though it is a little different from other forums,it is nice! If you love it, I think you will be adapt the rules soon. And most of us will help you if you have any questions. And Welcome to joining us.