xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amby

Tsunami Aid Relief

I think that raising money for the tsunami tragedy is a great thing, but there are a few things that really p me off about the whole situation..For instance.. On TV, you see all these rich people trying to get us (middle class nobodies) to give our money to people. I would be more than happy to give money, what I can, to those who need it. I wonder though, how much money have THEY donated to this cause? I read an article (can't remember where) that spoke about such things. Its ridiculous to see them on TV telling us to give them money, but they wont give a penny. Or if they do, they dont give much. They can afford to give plenty, a few thousand, or more.. But.. If they do donate, they dont give much. Its ridiculous..Another thing that really p's me off, more so than whats stated above, is the fact that these same role models of ours only get on TV to raise money when someone somewhere else in the world is suffering.. (im in the US by the way).Anywho.. Here in the US. Poverty is a huge problem. I drive down the street to the local food store, and on the way I see at least 5 homeless people begging for money. So these people, on TV raising money.. How often do you see them on TV raising money for our own country? For our own people who suffer ever day. For our citizens who have to sleep under a bridge somewhere just to stay dry. Never.. Never once have I seen any of these people on TV raising money for our own damn country.Its ridiculous really.. Anyway.. Im glad I've gotten that off of my chest.I feel better now, well not really.Amby

Well Amby, you should feel somewhat better cause you really care for those people unlike ,many other people around the globe.From what I heard here in The Netherlands(:D) is that Bush himself only donated $10.000 and an artist here called Marco Borsato (the music itself sucks) donated over a million dollar and there was a song written about the tragedy in wich only artists who donated a certain amount of money could take part, over 20 artists joined.So here it's np for rich people to donate exept for our pm, I didnt hear him about donating grrr...So if there are people who should be proud to have given money to the Tsunami victims, it should be us, the middle-classed poor peeps :D I'm only worried about why we don't hear anything about rebuilding and feeding these victims :looks suspicious smilie:All this $$$ and no news thats it IS used for Asia :D Peace

I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes that things just arent right in this situation.I realize some of these people who are on TV trying to raise money actually do put forth some effort and donate some money themselves..My main concern is the second part I spoke about.. How on any average day, you'd never catch any of those people on TV raising money to help decrease poverty.. etc etc.Anyway. Like I said. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who feels like there should be more effort in helping our own countries when there are no tragedies going on in other parts around the world.Hugs, and thanks for your responses.Amby

well amby thats true... cuz i was watching this... channel where it had this fundraising things (chinese) and like...all the singers come and sing and stuff just for the fundraising to make others give money. so....on the bottom of the screen it says blah blah of blah citty ($###) and they give alot. i see 1-5 ever 10 minutes that are in the thousands. and they come from cities that arent very... rich. and yet i was thinking WTF these celebrities thinks its a good deed that they come and sing just to make others pay when they got a whole bank vault full of money they dont even use or use it on useless *BLEEP* like a ...... 99999999999999999999999999999 dollar dog.

I remembered that on CNN, all they cared about was a supermodel who hung onto a tree for hours and got saved. Who cares! (I'm from Canada), it's just a supermodel. The people who live there couldn't be evacuated like the supermodel could and she doesn't need to live thru the horror. I feel deeply sorry for the people in the Southeastern Asia. I myself is also Southeastern Asian (Hong Kong)To date, I donated $25.15 CAD.xboxrulz