xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SinceUrUp

My Puzzle Game Website

I'm a little bit nervous about posting it for the world to see, but I suppose the only way to improve it is to get the criticism and build from there.http://www.sinceurup.com/
Before you tell me that this concept is overdone or that there are lots of similar sites on the web. I have that written on the front page. I was bored, so I made my own.Thanks in advance.

It is ok to show the others your links as their comments will definitely make your website a better one. My comment is that I dont like the background color you are using. I find it a tad too bright and it painful to the eyes if stare at it too long.

The color of the banner and background don't match the color of the body. A very simple webpage I think. Besides, I don't like the hyperlinks of Top10. It just floats and all the page is changed. maybe you would add something more interesting! Go ahead and good lucks! :angel:

Thank you both for your insights. The background color is a bit bright thank you Kleong. StvenWesley, definitely simple. The background coding is where all the effort went in. I figure simplistic in nature is good as it won't take away from the rest of the website content. Since that layout is the same throughout the game. The top 10 is a bit bland. I am not sure what you are suggesting I do instead. As for the color, it is definitely in the logo. I did the eyedropper thingy in photoshop. There's so many shades of blue in the banner it would almost be impossible to have a blue background that doesn't match.Thanks again for the suggestions

It's pretty fun. I got to level 5. On these kinds of websites the simplicity you have is great. I would definitely link to a css stylesheet though instead of putting it in the code.

Thank you both for your insights. The background color is a bit bright thank you Kleong.
StvenWesley, definitely simple. The background coding is where all the effort went in. I figure simplistic in nature is good as it won't take away from the rest of the website content. Since that layout is the same throughout the game. The top 10 is a bit bland. I am not sure what you are suggesting I do instead. As for the color, it is definitely in the logo. I did the eyedropper thingy in photoshop. There's so many shades of blue in the banner it would almost be impossible to have a blue background that doesn't match.

Thanks again for the suggestions

Before creating a website, I would design the main page in photoshop. Actually it is a hard work to make a good design,but it is necessary. by this step, you can coordinate the color of the entile site and choose appropriate banner and image. :P

BTW, I have played this game, so funny :angel: . I will play it again. hha

I'm a little bit nervous about posting it for the world to see, but I suppose the only way to improve it is to get the criticism and build from there.http://www.sinceurup.com/
Before you tell me that this concept is overdone or that there are lots of similar sites on the web. I have that written on the front page. I was bored, so I made my own.
Thanks in advance.

i LOVE the simplicity of your whole website and game. google built their EMPIRE on simplicity. you should include a forum with catagories that suite every level. you should always add on to the levels by creating more. make it a site people want to come back to. at the same time, make it a site that if people want hints, they are given hints.

create a youtube vid about your site. it's a good one. needs improvements, but not much. keep iot simple.....don't worry about the guys who think you need photoshop exp. if you can create a site that intrigues people and makes them come back, the graphics are NOTHING compared to it....

nice job btw..... i got to level 5. that's it :angel:

i LOVE the simplicity of your whole website and game. google built their EMPIRE on simplicity. you should include a forum with catagories that suite every level. you should always add on to the levels by creating more. make it a site people want to come back to. at the same time, make it a site that if people want hints, they are given hints.
create a youtube vid about your site. it's a good one. needs improvements, but not much. keep iot simple.....don't worry about the guys who think you need photoshop exp. if you can create a site that intrigues people and makes them come back, the graphics are NOTHING compared to it....

nice job btw..... i got to level 5. that's it :angel:

I already created a forum, making a topic for each level seems kind of like a good idea. I was just worried that people would just go to the spoilers and then the levels would be cheapened. One of the people that made it to level 7 almost gave away the answer to get to level 7 while looking for help on it so I am worried about that. I have over 30 levels created so far. I am planning on offering a free t-shirt to the person that gets to the last level. I put a code on there to have them e-mail to me if they get there so I will know they got there.

I attempted to do the photoshop layout thing. I couldn't get the images to line up properly and I wanted the site to load fast and be able to be played on the cell phone. I was thinking about adding a view source link on the bottom of the page so that the phone users could access it easier.

The youtube video idea seems like a good one. Thank you for your suggestion.
Edited by SinceUrUp (see edit history)