xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Web Site-can't Log In Please Help

I really thought I had already posted about my web site problem, but now I cant find the post anywhere, so I will start from scratch and hopefully somebody here can help me out, Ive been wasting my time with tech support for a week and the last message I got from them they told me just to make a post on the forums for help.

I use Front Page to edit my web site. Now when I open Front Page I dont get the log in box so I can sign in to edit the page. I told them I couldn't update my site, this is first message
Hello

Thank you for contacting Xisto - Support. I apologize for delay in reply.Well there may be some problem in scripting issue in Index.html. You can check that by login into cPanel. Please update us back, If you have any further query.
Thank you for your time and patience.

And I told them I didn't understand so this is the second message I got from them, I still don't get it. I did log into control panel and couldnt find anything that looked like what they were referring to. So I emailed them again and got this message which makes no sense to me whatsoever.

cPanel of your hosting account 'Logic PRO - pup4u.com'. Please check and get back to us, If you have any further query.

Now I have absolutly no idea what that is supposed to mean. So I emailed them back and in the last message they just sent me to you guys, so I hope you can help. I REALLY need to update my site.

You can ask all your doubts at Xisto forum website. Member will help you regarding your website. Please update us back, If you have any further query.Thank you for your time and patience.

Hi!@sheepdogI did come across your post sometime last week, or was it somebody else's? I can't remember, but back then the other members and I thought you have a content management system and you lost your password... if that sounds unfamiliar and weird, ignore that bit because I probably have your problem confused with someebody else's.I have not used Microsoft Front page, though I did try Front page Express, which was a free alternative to Netscape Composer. I am guessing you have a Windows hosting package and are creating static html pages that are uploaded with either Microsoft Frontpage Extensions on the Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) server, or are uploading the files through FTP.If this is the case, I believe you do not have any scripts, but are instead using the built-in scripts provided by the Internet Information Server or are using an FTP account. Check both the FTP settings and the IIS Management scripts, if applicable. You may be using the WebDAV publishing feature, which I know little about, so you could check its settings too.Most folks probably don't have much experience with providing support to Microsoft Frontpage users as most web designers/developers provide their clients with web-based content management systems with which they upload or modify their content.

Hi!When I said "Most folks probably don't..." I was referring to other software developers such as myself. I wanted to edit my post, but after clicking the edit button, the content would not save and after I refreshed the page, the edit button was gone! Perhaps I get a little under a minute to edit my posts before they get etched into the stone of archives :-(

Disregarding the support ticket and the tech support responses, the only problem (information) you bring up deals with FrontPage, not anything on the server side. Tech Support is for server-side things, not for things that are out of their control. If you can log in to your site through cPanel, then everything is fine on the server-side pertaining to your log-in information. It sounds like you are trying to make use of FrontPage's FTP features. The last time i used FrontPage was back in high school, and even then i found it to be annoying and mostly inadequate for my purposes, so i'm not sure how to help you.But with any program like this, they (should) have the ability to bring up the log-in form via the interface, whether in the menus, tool bars or side panels. The manual should provide this information, perhaps searching for "publish" (the process for uploading files is normally called "publishing your site"), or similar, in the manual.

Gads, I didn't think I was ever going to find this post again! That will teach me to save the urls from now on!FP used to always bring up a window when I opened it for me to sign in. I never have gone to the control panel here at Xisto. Now the window does not come up. And it's the same for my sister in laws computer, she works on my site too. So I don't think it is actually FP.I can't really find anything in the control panel here, and I'm not sure I'm even in the right place. I click on My controls at the top of the forums page, or is it something/somewhere else?

if you have a problem finding your posts, go to your profile and click on topics. that's how i found your thread after reading the shout box.

I can't really find anything in the control panel here, and I'm not sure I'm even in the right place. I click on My controls at the top of the forums page, or is it something/somewhere else?

To access your site's cPanel, just append "cpanel" to the end of your site's address. For example, if your site is located at yoursite.trap17.com, you can log in to the cPanel through yoursite.trap17.com/cpanel