xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DodgyPhil

My Podcast RadioCheese Fun Fun Fun Awesome

Okay, my hosting is currently suspended (I'm 82 cents short) so hopefully after this post the site will be back up..

Anyway- I was slightly confused as to which section to post his in, but I feel it relates to 'my life' enough to warrant a place in Life Talk. Recently I started a podcast/music show with a good friend of mine (Cheese). It's gotten a pretty good response so far, mostly from friends and family. What interests me is whether I can get some feedback, or anyone else on here has done a podcast like this.
I'll warn you, it's fairly explicit and we cover an array of risquďż˝ subjects for your enjoyment. I'm the one talking for the majority of the time in a nasal posh accent, and Cheese is the guy who swears a lot. We were both interested in making a show of this sort, having both been fans of 'Iain Lee's 2 Hour Long Late Night Radio Show', which is an English radio show broadcast on Absolute Radio from 11pm - 1am every night. He's pretty sharp and we enjoyed the way he'd completely destroy callers (including Cheese, who has become a regular caller, and is hated by Iain).

Anyway, it's called 'Radio Cheese', and you can find it at two locations:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (currently down, but hopefully it'll be up once I get credit!)

Anyway, if anyone has any feedback or has their own podcast, I'd love to hear it!

I started radio channel on shoutcast for some of my friends. Me and my friends used to host some of the songs and share jokes. It was started as intention of podcast but later it becomes 8 hour- 12 hours radio with some of my friends from different timezones broadcasting when they come online. In one week we achieved 7 full days of complete radio broadcast. That was fun, music jokes and making fun of group. Ah anyways that was about radio.If i plan to broadcast podcast this time, i'll radioblogtalk.com as that site is perfect for text chat and broadcast calls as well.

I started radio channel on shoutcast for some of my friends. Me and my friends used to host some of the songs and share jokes. It was started as intention of podcast but later it becomes 8 hour- 12 hours radio with some of my friends from different timezones broadcasting when they come online. In one week we achieved 7 full days of complete radio broadcast. That was fun, music jokes and making fun of group. Ah anyways that was about radio.
If i plan to broadcast podcast this time, i'll radioblogtalk.com as that site is perfect for text chat and broadcast calls as well.

That sounds great- I originally planned to broadcast live to make use of the phone-in system, but I decided it'd be better to record something that I could later edit and add sound effects to. It also meant we could let as many people listen as possible- but I've always been interested in doing something live.

Unfortunately, I have impending exams (GCSE) so I can never make a promise to record on a certain day due to revising. I'd love to get involved in a University radio station when I get there though!

Hey I like the way you guys are thinking. I also wanna go into podcasting. I am actually wanting to make a monday wednesday and Friday breakfast show. I need a little help as I need some good mornign jingles or sing songs, the chessey the better as those sort of creat and identity, does anyone know where I can get cute jingles which are funny to play in my podcasts. I prefer to pre record the show and edit it using either things like cool edit pro or audacity or music maker.I will probably use bogspot or mypodcast to host the pod cast but I need to have all the jingle sin place before I eveen begin to put the show together. I will also need ideas from anyone who can help oout with ideas for game shows that are radio oriented its cracks ones head to be all innovative and original but like the old english saying goes. Many Hands make light work, I believe the more ideas come from different sources and cultures the beter the content in the end.All Ideas are welcome. Hit me up thanks

I need a little help as I need some good mornign jingles or sing songs, the chessey the better as those sort of creat and identity, does anyone know where I can get cute jingles which are funny to play in my podcasts.

Whilst not jingle-centric, 'Podsafe audio' is a great source of free to download and use audio. Keep in mind, to play songs from other artists you need written consent from the music company, or the artist to avoiding infringing on copyright issues..

I will also need ideas from anyone who can help oout with ideas for game shows that are radio oriented its cracks ones head to be all innovative and original but like the old english saying goes. Many Hands make light work, I believe the more ideas come from different sources and cultures the beter the content in the end.

News related items are always entertaining. I've recently entered into the realm of genital-related news. A bit crass, but hey; they love it. The filthier the better, particularly if you can easily cite the articles in question. I use the news pieces in a quiz format, giving my co-host 3 options to choose from before revealing the true answer and elaborating on the story. Good times..
Best of luck with your podcasting journey- and may the gods of immortal copyright laws never crush your dream as part of their unholy capitalist pillaging spree!

well I have to put in my two cents here. As someone that has been around net radio and or podcasting for quite some time. There are things you have to think about before you get into it. One such problem will be your bandwidth. Streaming voice takes it up, as do people that may want to download your casts. secondly you have to think Price, yes there some cheap places to stream from such as shoutcat and a few other. but you have to remember this. You get what you pay for. But the most important thing you need to remember are Royalty fee's. If you have any music that your going to play. you MUST play the fee's. So many sites now are really cracking down on all this such as Youtube UStream Livestream and even JustinTV These are just a few things you need to remember. Also you have to think too, what would your listener's really like to hear and be informed with. News, weather, comedy? One you have picked your topic Stick with it. Good Luck

If you have any music that your going to play. you MUST play the fee's.

This is a good point of information. I started a podcast a while ago (seperate from my current project) and used a vast amount of copywritten material from several companies. While I didn't get into trouble (as the podcast never became known outside a circle of friends) I was breaking the law and could've face thousands of pounds worth of royalty fees.To avoid such fees (or at least, the minimize the cost whilst staying within the law) you have to purchase a BMI, or an ASCAP license. They cover a large catalogue of music from most major labels. A pain in the *bottom*, but a necessity!

P.S- There is also a 'SESAC' license, but it has a much smaller spread than the other two and is generally not worth it (it wasn't for me at any rate).
Edited by DodgyPhil (see edit history)