xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kjtrini

Myspace Vs Facebook

wo very profound social networking sites, you can make an account and talk to anyone, anywhere, anytime. They are pretty much the same site just with different names and features on them. Those make all the difference, and there is a lot of crap that goes on with kids now a days as to which is better. Growing up through our middle school years, Myspace was the greatest thing. Everyone loved it, but now as we get older, we've shifted to Facebook instead. Myspace is apparently for the more "immature" people whereas Facebook is for the more "mature" people. But why?Facebook is a site that allows you to message and chat with users both near and far. You can search, you can play games/apps, you can message, you can IM, and you can make friends. On both, you can do all of this.Now let's examine the differences:Myspace - you can edit your profile to look a certain way. You can add music and videos to your profile to make it more personal to your own likes.Facebook - You can't edit it to look the way you want, and you can't really add anything like a playlist or videos or banners or anything like that. You're basically stuck with the boring old layout as everyone else.So, with this, I ask you two questions,1. Which do you think is truly better? Myspace or Facebook?2. What makes Facebook a more "mature" social networking site than Myspace?

Facebook has over 300 million active users. It is active - those who use services and profiles are updated. MySpace announced the achievement of this round numbers two years ago, but they themselves have admitted that many accounts of their users were dead. Therefore, achieving Facebook looks significant. Facebook was not the first nor the second social network, but managed to gather a huge audience and stay ahead of MySpace in the ranking. Now Facebook, Statistics Alexa.com, took second position in terms of daily traffic to all sites of World Wide Web, and more experienced rivals only eighth. The dynamics of their development is also different: in the last six months, MySpace rating down by one point, a rating of Facebook, in turn, rose by 3 positions. Interestingly, the MySpace audience consists mostly (69.1%) of U.S. residents, while on Facebook registered half of U.S (35,8%). This is offset by a large number of visitors from Britain, Canada, Turkey and France. Russia audiences both social networks is less than 1%.

When it comes to showing profile to public with username attached to domain name. both are hitting badly on privacy of people. Earlier facebook was private and profiles were not visible to search engines or were not attached to the domain name of facebook but now they are. still some people don't mind that and continue but let's see how long this privacy issue remains. Orkut is the only social network left that restricts people from viewing profile if they are not logged in.

Other the past 7 years at being at a Primary school, then to a Secondary school there has been a massive change in the social networking sites that us teenagers use. In 2006 a social networking site 'Piczo' was running the show everyone had this and was talking about it everywhere. Then Next year My space came along which many Piczo users started use and go used to and either Closed or simply left there Piczo to do whatever. Now in 2009-2010 everyone seems to be on facebook, at school there is little to none talk of myspace and my friends on-line normally on my space was about 120 now its 2. It just shows you facebook is now the leading community social networking site. I am sure in a couple of years time there will be another site that is better than facebook.Its always good to change :angel:.

I think myspace is better, specifically for musicians. With Myspace one can acidently discover a Myspace site without having to log in. Then one can listen to music or whatever,this isn't the case with facebook,where you have to login to see anything really.The only draw back with myspace is, and I'm sure Facebook is the same, is that 90 per cent of usersare less than 24 years old, yet Myspace is a great place to truly discover new and cutting edge alternative music. It's certainly better than the radio. This gets me wondering,don't people over 24 listen to music anymore?The average age of the musicians is certainly over 24.I've tried lots of music sites, and right now myspace is about the best for musicians. I had hope forsites like soundclick.com,but unfortunately sites like these have shrunk and turned into little villages.Too bad.

Myspace's old version was for musicians and listeners. Musicians were used to get paid for each song people listen to. It was similar to mp3.com program but later they changed it into social network and from this is where it all started, then facebook came up with social network stuff. So in my opinion myspace used to be oldest social network along with mp3.com, not for all type of people but for music category atleast. One thing to note here is that facebook is not popular in europe, asia pacific there are some other social networks dominant over there.

The only draw back with myspace is, and I'm sure Facebook is the same, is that 90 per cent of usersare less than 24 years old, yet Myspace is a great place to truly discover new and cutting edge alternative music. It's certainly better than the radio. This gets me wondering,don't people over 24 listen to music anymore?
The average age of the musicians is certainly over 24.

I would have to disagree with you on the facebook front. There are so many users over the age of 24 on facebook. Just as a quick example, my mother, grandmother, grandfather and father all have a facebook. They use it to connect with friends at work as well as old high school friends. A majority of my family overseas has facebook accounts as well. THis enables us to keep in touch in this fast paced day and age. I have met many people on facebook as new friends as well that share the same interests as me.

The way I see it no is that myspace is on it's way out, especially with the new facebook rules allowing musicians to create fan pages and the with great integration that facebook provides for mobile devices. My friends and family members have bought blackberries for the sole integrations that they provide with facebook. Facebook seems to be making all the right moves while myspace seems to keep getting phased out further and further. What made myspace so popular in the beginning is now the reason that facebook is comming up. Myspace is now full of spam accounts and many users are getting frustrated with the amount of spam email they recieve on their acocunt. I personally put a notice on my myspace account with the link to my facebook account because I hate signing onto myspace anymore. The only reason I keep the myspace active is so that friends can find me on there and be directed over to my facebook account.

Here is a simple comparsion between Myspace and Facebook.
http://hubpages.com/technology/MySpace-vs-Facebook
From My colleage time, I use facebook and like it very much. I also have tried Myspace. Actually both of them are funny and applicable. And I agree Myspace is suit for musican and music lovers and Facebook is more suitable for students. Totally choose what you like and just enjoy it.

I suppose there's nothing definite about it, but yeah, the general consensus is that Facebook consists of a more intelligent, mature, and sociable audience than Myspace. The difference is quite easy to see in many ways when you compare the profiles of each site. I have accounts on both networks but I do greatly prefer Facebook over Myspace for several reasons.I think the most apparent one is that Facebook maintains a very professional, classy look. This is a given due to the fact that Facebook has an inherently attractive and formal design that you can't fundamentally alter. Same goes for the presentation of your profile. Another aspect that helps is that it gives users far greater control over the information they share with others, which helps to maintain professional and social boundaries with certain groups of people (and with the internet at large). You can honestly use Facebook as a means of supplementing a resume if you wanted to do so! Myspace on the other hand, while it does provide an avenue for more personal creativity, it is by and large dominated by incoherent design choices and poorly implemented script that really damage the reputation and stateliness of the service. It is theoretically able to be a wonderful network for all artists, but the reality of it is that when put in the hands of everyday people, most of whom don't possess canny tastes more or less, they relish their profiles with gaudy graphics and horrendous layouts that strain their credibility and character, which brings down the overall reputation and quality of the social networking site itself.Honestly though, I don't want to be a cynic but Facebook is starting to get that way too what with all the thousands of useless, pointless, nonsensical and sometimes even dangerous applications that made their way into the site. I can hardly check my friends updates without being bombarded by tons of useless boilerplate messages detailing their achievements in the latest farming clone or number grind game. Fortunately, you can disable pretty much all of them (a tedious process admittedly, but at least you can do it easily from within the site controls).Overall though, when you get down to it, you can't blame the social networking site on the users. Facebook is still Facebook, and while more and more regular people are using it, as long as the site stresses uniform appearance and strict quality control over the presentation of personal information, then it'll still be the better choice for those who opt for a respectable and objective public profile.To make a comparison of my own, I designed my own Myspace layout using my knowledge of CSS and html. It's not meant for professional purposes but it was fun and gave me a strong degree of personal expression that you can't get with Facebook. On the other hand, if I ever want to introduce myself to someone I'll definitely use Facebook. While it doesn't give me artistic expression, it does give users the opportunity to present information in a safe, approachable manner that can be scaled to suit the need of your public image.Basically, what it boils down to is that Facebook is perfect for networking professionally and presenting a comprehensible, objective, accurate image while Myspace is good for doing whatever the heck you want. Don't expect Myspace to be a good way of showing a future employer who you are, though! Haha.

ok guys i'm going to say this right here YOU CANT COMPARE MYSPACE TO FACEBOOK.Facebook is a website that's really photo and status centric it's actually alot closer to twitter with alot of photos on your profile page than it is to myspace. in myspace you customize your own page and alot of the website is based around wall posts and genereally people dont keep a ton of phototos on myspace, also on myspace its completely acceptable to add people that you dont even know whereas on facebook if you add people that you don't know than you're going to look like a fool because on facebook people generally add people they know.ok so for the debatePROS:Myspace is alot better if you're a musician, entrepreneur, celebrity or whatever and you want to branch out and network with others using your profile, however in facebook you could go ahead and create a fan page about yourself and then promote it by inviting all of your friends to become a fan of your page or to join your group.facebook is alot better for images hands down, myspace has nothing that can match the albums and images of facebook, on facebook people have 10000's of images just because they're really easy to upload and they display nice and large and in decent quality.facebook is used by a wider range of ages of people, myspace is generally used by teens and whatnot but there are an outstanding amount of older people branching out and using facebook to connect with the people that they know.SIMILARITIES:myspace and facebook both have apps but i think that facebook has better apps because all the apps that were created for facebook were copied by myspace, i mean, facebook has simply had apps going on for a longer period of time therefore it's going to have better apps on it.CONS:Myspace just has too many emo kids, nobody wants to see your sideswept black bangs.....Facebook is almost a blatant invasion of privacy to everyone that joins, people can easily exploit facebook to get your information because everyone uses their real names and posts alot of photos and status updates making it really easy to track someone down.

ok guys i'm going to say this right here YOU CANT COMPARE MYSPACE TO FACEBOOK.
Facebook is a website that's really photo and status centric it's actually alot closer to twitter with alot of photos on your profile page than it is to myspace. in myspace you customize your own page and alot of the website is based around wall posts and genereally people dont keep a ton of phototos on myspace, also on myspace its completely acceptable to add people that you dont even know whereas on facebook if you add people that you don't know than you're going to look like a fool because on facebook people generally add people they know.

They are actually very easily comparable - they are both social networking sites. Facebook revolves around a lot more than photos and status updates. Those may be the main features, but there's videos, applications (very popular), fan pages (super freakin popular), groups (also popular), along with the Wall. MySpace has features that compare to all of those things. So they are completely comparable. I do agree with your comment about adding people though, mostly.

Facebook is almost a blatant invasion of privacy to everyone that joins, people can easily exploit facebook to get your information because everyone uses their real names and posts alot of photos and status updates making it really easy to track someone down.

Not true. Facebook provides myriad privacy controls. In addition to that, I HIGHLY doubt Facebook could be easily exploited. A company with penetration like Facebook has would keep their users' information very secure. You could search people and try and find information about them, but via privacy settings that can be completely counteracted.

What makes the deal for me is the clean layout of Facebook. MySpace is a website strewn with ads that make it an eye sore. It's pages are ridden with images that slow down loading and the layout, to me, is much more confusing.

At first, i was using MySpace but i get bored and moved up to Facebook. Now i am using just Facebook because i like the design of the website, more functions than MySpace, more people and it's easy to find somebody.Facebook is worldwide recognized website and it's far more better from MySpace. That's a fact if you ask me. :angel:

Well Facebook has Myspace by a long shot has Myspace has been playing catch up for the last couple of years. Though I do not agree with some of the stuff Facebook has done, privacy issues being the big one, they had made things a lot more user-friendly and that is where Myspace is lacking the most and yeah Myspace needs to overhaul its whole layout structure to be more user-friendly.