xisto Community
AndroKing

Hometown best and worst features of your hometown

What is one of the best things that you love about your hometown? What is one of the worst things you cannot stand about your hometown? What is one thing you would never want to change about that town? And finally where is your hometown? By the way, I define hometown as the place where you were either born and raised or the place that is like home to you in a very special way that is close to your heart. I will start. One thing I love about my hometown is the pizza. There are so many different types with any toppings you can imagine (even some you can't, lol). Now the thing I don't like is when I find a pizza shop I'm in love with and one day I go over there and it's mysteriously gone...or replaced by some random chain restaurant! ONe thing I would never want to change would be the diversity, the culture, and the fierce independence of the people that live and work there and are the very life blood of this city. And finally this city I love is none other then Brooklyn, New York in the USA. <br><br><br>

One thing that I love about my hometown:One thing that I really love about my hometown and one reason that I hope to not move away from it is just the closeness that everybody has. I know mostly everybody in the town that I live in and everybody really gets a long with everybody else. There are usually not many fights, not many clashes, not much drama. We are just simple people trying live a great life. Now, even though that's a good thing, there are some pretty bad things as well.For one, the closeness causes people to know EVERYTHING about EVERYONE. If somebody got arrested the night before, BAM everybody in town knows about it and rumors will fly from east to west. If somebody does something they know they shouldn't .... BAM everyone will know about it in about two seconds. That's one of the things that really sucks. I mean, yeah sure you shouldn't be doing things that give you publicity, but sometimes you make mistakes and it sucks to know that people will know about it quickly and maybe never forget about it. So yeah, overall I love my hometown. There are some bad things, but I think the good things outweigh the bad things by a mile. I hope to go to college a little outside of my hometown that way I can live in close proximity to it :angel:

my hometown is different from where i am living now. a LOT different. i am living in a town right now of a population 300-350 people. anyway, i was born and raised in los angeles, california. specifically the san fernando valley in northridge, california. what i loved about that place is probably the people because they were so diverse and so many differant cultures which i was glad to be a part of. when i was growing up, by best friends we joe, who was korean, donald, who was african american, don, who was filipino, jack, who was armenian. i don't even have any best friends who were the same race as me. anyway, i though it was very cool to experience the different cultures of my best friends who are still my best friends to this day. we are all very close. also i liked the fact that los angeles doesn't hide crap. it's real life. you got the violence, the gays and cross dressers, the homeless, the runaways, the so-called american dream, etc... just so much to see and experience and learn from. it's an amazing place. what i don't like about my hometown is the people. the same as what makes it most amazing. i can't describe in detail why i just hate the people there for the most part except to say that it's such a busy busy place and people are just too busy in their own lives to be friendly to someone who passes by you on a sidewalk. you have to try extra hard to get to know people. a lot of people are also very superficial and materialistic. a lot of fakeness surounds you there.last but not least, just growing up with family was special too. everyone lived close so when i was a kid, we celebrated holidays together and we scheduled parties and gathering frequently. lots of family and friends close by to gather. nothing like a close knit family where you were born and raised.

my hometown is different from where i am living now. a LOT different. i am living in a town right now of a population 300-350 people.
anyway, i was born and raised in los angeles, california. specifically the san fernando valley in northridge, california. what i loved about that place is probably the people because they were so diverse and so many differant cultures which i was glad to be a part of. when i was growing up, by best friends we joe, who was korean, donald, who was african american, don, who was filipino, jack, who was armenian. i don't even have any best friends who were the same race as me. anyway, i though it was very cool to experience the different cultures of my best friends who are still my best friends to this day. we are all very close. also i liked the fact that los angeles doesn't hide crap. it's real life. you got the violence, the gays and cross dressers, the homeless, the runaways, the so-called american dream, etc... just so much to see and experience and learn from. it's an amazing place.

what i don't like about my hometown is the people. the same as what makes it most amazing. i can't describe in detail why i just hate the people there for the most part except to say that it's such a busy busy place and people are just too busy in their own lives to be friendly to someone who passes by you on a sidewalk. you have to try extra hard to get to know people. a lot of people are also very superficial and materialistic. a lot of fakeness surounds you there.

last but not least, just growing up with family was special too. everyone lived close so when i was a kid, we celebrated holidays together and we scheduled parties and gathering frequently. lots of family and friends close by to gather. nothing like a close knit family where you were born and raised.

Wow anwii... 300-350 people? That is incredibly small. My town has roughly 1500-300 people, somewhere around that # and for me, personally, I thought that was incredibly small. Even in my town, EVERYBODY knows EVERYBODY and whatever my business is, it's usually the person next to me's too. My next door neighbor is actually telling people right now that I'm posting about my town on Trap (Not really, that would be kind of creepy actually :angel:)

But yeah, how do you handle such a small town? Is it just as nosy as my town :P

ha! yea, small towns were a change for me to say the least....and yea....pretty much gossip in any small town. but i appreciate them more than the big cities as far as the people go. more friendly, more of a community.

it was funny because when i moved out of los angeles and in to small towns(huge change), people would wave at me when driving by. at first, i thought that i don't even know 'm. why are they wavin' at me?!? i realized that it was just a friendly gesture and the thing to do. i like it.

i'm no angel though so i get a lot of people talking about me hahaha. actually, i have been trying to keep to myself in the town i'm in now. i don't think they really know what i'm up to :P which is amazing, but i'm that good heheheh. i'm pretty much a ghost because of the small towns i've lived in before and i know how it goes. but ummmm i bet they're all thinking i'm planning my killing spree right about now since they never see me :o

thing that sucks about this place though is that there isn't even a bar around. can't shoot any darts or pool or nothin'. it's a hole in the wall town. the only place i've really been has been to the post office....and then the small as a box country store when i was outta stuff and snowed in(couldn't drive anywhere).

i wish i was raised in a small town rather than a big city. i'm more layed back and i love the locals in these small towns....even if i am still considered an outsider haha

Wow anwii... 300-350 people? That is incredibly small. My town has roughly 1500-300 people, somewhere around that # and for me, personally, I thought that was incredibly small. Even in my town, EVERYBODY knows EVERYBODY and whatever my business is, it's usually the person next to me's too. My next door neighbor is actually telling people right now that I'm posting about my town on Trap (Not really, that would be kind of creepy actually :D)
But yeah, how do you handle such a small town? Is it just as nosy as my town :angel:

I'm currently living in London (population 7,000,000) and have done all my life so I've yet to experience small town life. I like the anonymity of living within such a large community; people just become filler after a while and running through the streets naked won't exactly mar your reputation. London isn't that dangerous (even if it's statistically the most dangerous European city, but that's just media hype) but every time something bad happens to you, it never seems to be police priority. For instance, I got mugged at knife point last year, but I shared a waiting room with six other mugging victims and a man who'd physically had the crap beaten out of him. I feel guilty phoning the police or hospital because I know there'll be 4000 people in far worse situations than me..When I go to Cornwall to visit my aunt I love reading the town's paper where they report women breaking their arms tripping over and some yobs putting a dustbin through a car window. There must be a population of around 2000, and I love the cosy feel (but only on holiday).Anyway, there are pros and cons, but as a young person I'd say living in a large city is the best- even if my parents (in their 50s) are threatening to retire to the countryside the moment I finish A-levels (score).

sorry bud, but if you were mugged at knife point and were waiting for others who were also mugged at knifepoint, the crime rate doesn't seem like just media hype. personally, i live in the states and i never heard that londen was statistically the most dangerous european city. so i guess it doesn't get that hyped up over here in the states.and if we are talking statistics, statistics don't lie whether there is media hype or not. i've been to london before. unfortunately, i never got to see the outside of the airport terminal. i would have LOVED to expplore with the little time i had with the layover. crime doesn't really bother me or scare me normally because if it's just a mugging, you give them your money or wallet and they go on their merry way. where i grew up in los angeles though, there are certain parts that are gang infested. there are invisable lines you can't cross or enter at your own risk and people die needlessly. sometimes you need to do a drive by and/or kill someone before you are initiated in a gang. almost like some parts of africa where you have to kill a lion before considered a man.i used to collect money from payphones from the most dangerous parts of los angeles. carrying 15k dollars in my car a day was dangerous, but if you know how to act, and are aware of your suroundings, most likely, you can avoid any danger.i would love to visit london....but i am one to normally stay away from the touristy stuff. i like meeting the locals and touring the parts that the normal tourists wont normally see or experience.

I'm coming from Charleroi in BelgiumIt has a terrible reputation here in Belgium (elected ugliest city in the world by a stupid survey not fair at all).The city is dirty, you have a lot of problem with delinquents, people really don't care about others.Of course everybody is not like that, a lot of people are not like that, but as always, a small part of the population is enough to ruin everything...I don't like my city because I had already too much problems and I want to go somewhere else as soon as I finish my studies.On the other hand, it's still the city where I was born, I met friends, had a lot of fun,... and I hope it'll changewhen I'm too depress, I watch a stupid american movie and I'm glad because it's worse over there. Thank you US for that :angel:

ummmm you know movies aren't real, right? sorry to break it to ya or if you just didn't know any better.

try watching city of god. good movie. might cheer you up even more.......

when I'm too depress, I watch a stupid american movie and I'm glad because it's worse over there. Thank you US for that :angel:

Where I am,Toronto is alright. It is pretty corporate driven unfortunately.Sure,all large cities are, but especially Toronto. Money comes first.Maybe that's why Toronto has very little to culturally stand out from other cities.I mean New Orleans has the Mardi Gras and New Orleans Jazz, Detroit has Motown andthe heyday of the automobile industry. Chicago has blues music, even Seattle has grunge.Montreal has the Circe du soleille and French culture.You can go on and on and on.This is epitomized in the way the Hockey team operates. They are usually horrible atperforming on the ice, but obviously nobody cares since they make money. Toronto is at it's best during the World cup soccer tournaments. All the various cultures come to life and Toronto gains an exuberance rarely seen. They should learn from that.The TTC public transportation system in Toronto is way over priced and slow.That's why I keep busy. To try not think about these things.

hometown: camiguin island, philippines..Great: Great people, beaches, dormant volcanoes, nature..Worst: slow/no internet..(hahaha), really slow pace...hmm..

What is one of the best things that you love about your hometown? What is one of the worst things you cannot stand about your hometown? What is one thing you would never want to change about that town? And finally where is your hometown? By the way, I define hometown as the place where you were either born and raised or the place that is like home to you in a very special way that is close to your heart. I will start. One thing I love about my hometown is the pizza. There are so many different types with any toppings you can imagine (even some you can't, lol). Now the thing I don't like is when I find a pizza shop I'm in love with and one day I go over there and it's mysteriously gone...or replaced by some random chain restaurant! ONe thing I would never want to change would be the diversity, the culture, and the fierce independence of the people that live and work there and are the very life blood of this city. And finally this city I love is none other then Brooklyn, New York in the USA. <br><br><br>

well what I love about my town, it is very small. maybe 2 square miles and everyone knows one another here. Which in someways is a bad thing as well. But as a whole Red Bank NJ is perfect. Close to the shore, and just about everything you wish is within 30 mins or so driving. you have everything from Baseball, Big leagues in New York City, Minor leagues all around the state. 6 Flags, great fishing and hunting too. Gotta Love New Jersey.

Berlin,what can I say about Berlin?It is like New York City just in german. *haha*You can do like everything in Berlin.We have tons of good skateboarding spots for the Skate-Travelers between us.Check out "Warschauer B?nke" (near "Warschauer Stra?e" the SBahn Station).You will meet there some Berlin Professionals.How about party?If you can not really speak german, try out the YAAM, it is brilliant.Culture from around the world.Food from around the world and best Reggea/Dub/Dancehall from overall.Or check out the Magnet (Motor Club).If you just want to hang out, maybe take a little pause in fron of the "Reichstag" you can chill at the huge park.The worst things over here are these wannabe "Gangster", they listen loud music everywhere and interupt a nice chill out.*haha*The crime rate over here is pretty low.And for everyone who is still with their heads in the history.New York City has way more Skins & Nazis than Berlin.So relax.SPECIAL TIP:If you want the best day in Berlin,go to the "Mauerpark"1 reason: It may will be builded office towers on it soon (damn)2 reason: You have peoples from all over here3 reason: HUGE place and friendly personsJust come to berlin.Visit Berlin.Love Berlin.Be Berlin.