xisto Community
web_designer

Test You Website Compatibality In More Than 50 Browsers

when you design a website, finish the theme or the final touches, then you should test it in one or more browser to see how it will looks like. so, here is a free website helps you to do that.

http://browsershots.org/

this website offer you to show your website in the most common browsers or may be all of them. there are more than 50 browsers you can test your website in them. after signing up, register the link of your browser and if your website still on your local computer uploaded temporary to any free hosting and register the link.wait a little bit and you will see how it will look like in the browsers that are chosen by default from the website or you can choose all of them if you want or choose between them. you have a lot of option like choosing linux or windows, choosing the earlier version of browsers or the older and earlier versions. also you can choose the screen size, the color depth, flash, java or java scripts in your website. at last, when the showcase complete, you can download the result and keep it to make changes required on your website to make compatible. it is free and useful, try and have fun.

It seems the site is out of service?

Out of service
No active screenshot factories.

Please try again later.

And entering my site url results in an error...

When I create a website, I will only concentrate on IE, FF, Chrome, Safari. I do not go through the 50 odd browser which your recommendation allow us to do so.

h, kleong it is the same for me i am interesting only in firefox, opera, google chorm and internet explorer. but i care about versions too. the older and earlier version of them. therefore , i found this site useful. instead of installing many browsers on my computer, i can only upload my website to that website. also you can choose whatever you want from browsers you want to check your website in. from 1 browser to 70. therefore it did a great work for me, i am sorry if you can't find it useful,but it works great with me.

It seems the site is out of service?

And entering my site url results in an error...

it maybe a temporary suspend. i ceck it now and it works. you can't directly add your website link, you must sign in from
login---new account---after that add your website's url and wait the result.

Registered... and still can't use it. Oh well, I guess it's back to booting to windows and checking in every browser myself. :angel:

It is nice site and i often use it to see how the placement of images and ads are appearing from different browsers. one more good facility provided by them is different os browsers. there are some text only browsers which shows how your site looks without ads. i guess that browser is shown for ubuntu i guess. there are some text-only browsers more for multiple os and i guess more OS and browser can be unlocked by subscribing. Many times site goes down as it is free sevrice and it gets too many requests for the website screenshots. it's not new though but thanks for thread anyway, others will find it beneficial.

Registered... and still can't use it. Oh well, I guess it's back to booting to windows and checking in every browser myself. :angel:

ok, baniboy, i will be glad to show you the way. follow me please
- sign in.
-click on showcase (the upper bar contain browseshoot showcase colorblender) click showcase.
-in the right side bar there are links click on add a site.
-write your website's url in the website url.
-check the box about the owner of the website.
-and submit.
- wait about 10 minutes a list will start to show. first you can see your link and the status is pending
waiting until it will enter the queue.
-click on browsershoots in the upper bar will go to the main page.
-enter your url again, choose the browsers and submit.
- you will see your website in many browsers, you will see your browser image and the browser name and version under it. clicking on anyone of the will enlarge the photo.
-when it finished you can download the result.

that's all, i did a quick showcase for my website right now. but i agree with you, for the first time it is hard to figure out how to do it. i think because it is a free site or something. any way, have fun.

Don't you think that this is ridiculous to design a website and get it checked in 50 different browsers.If you get an error or the page does not load in any browser of the 50 what do you do? Redesgn you site?Rubbish idea if you actually get to test in so many different browsers. You just neeed to make sure that it works and looks ok in the 5 most important browsers namely, FF, IE, Opera, Safari and Chrome, thats all that will do.

WOW!!! thank you!!! this is so awesome!! I didn't have to register, just put my website URL into the box and within 30 minutes I had 50+ screenshots of my website from different browsers, and you can download all of the screenshots really fast.. (Small file sizes) this is now one of my #1 tools! thanks!!

I love using BrowserShots! One of the top reasons why I do use it is when I am not at my computer checking against Firefox/IE8/Chrome/Safari, etc. The other plus is that not all OSs have the same fonts, so it is also important to check that, along with older versions of browsers (if that matters). You can set it to check as little or as much as you please.And even if you don't think it's necessary, if someone reports an error or issue with the site, it will be much easier to diagnose if you already know about the problem (or can use BrowserShots as part of the diagnosis).

OHH i have to admit that is a really cool website!i just refreshed it a couple of times and i love seeing how my website (chantellepaige.org) looks in different browsershalf the browsers listed i had no clue existed!Thank you for posting about that site, i deffenetly bookmarked it, for when i design new layouts and people message me saying they are having issues!

thank you a lot for your sweet answers. i am so happy i can give you something useful. this website helps me when i want to see my website how it will look like in many browsers, it also, avoid me to install different browsers in my computer (because my c drive always full :angel: ). i believe browser's compatibility is an important step that every web developer should take , especially if he wants his website reached as many users as it can.

IMHO there's more to checking compatibility than only the visual representation in the browser. I'm talking about javascript, tabbing in forms, file uploads, and many more things I come across when buildin websites. I can't think of any specific problem right now though.Furthermore you can not check accessibility in for instance speech browsers. I usually test only in IE, FF and Chrome and keep in mind which CSS-rules older IE versions cannot handle correctly.