xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
buxgoddess

Highest Individual Runs In An Odi Above 200 Runs Indian Master blaster setting another world record in his name - 200+

Indian former captain and experienced master blaster has another record in his name to be the first ever batsman to reach 200+ (204 in 138 balls) runs in an ODI today at Gwalior playing against the formidable South African team. The highest before this was 194 runs. And thus Sachin has now the highest number of ODI centuries along with highest ODI runs and now the highest score as well in his name. Indian cricket has reached another milestone in the era of Sacin Ramesh Tendulkar.

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)

I just read in Newspaper about this Australian Chick (batswomen) who beat this record in 1990's by making 240+ runs (not out). However, it was not a match that was aired worldwide. She played against Denmark.

Opaque is right there is news in Times about this. Female player belinda clark from Australia made this record first in history of cricket. I'm thinking about tendulkar now, what took him so long to achieve this ? I mean he was supposed to do all this in 90's i think. He was much more in form during that time than now. Now a days his game is defensive and as all the world teams are with newcomers and weak, it hardly gets any weight in comparison to players in 90's. Players in 90's were hard to beat or to set records for something like that.

It was 204 and not 200? I don't remember exactly as I missed the match :angel: But I'm very happy that Sachin has accomplished such a feat at the peak of his career. Of course, the effect would have been much more amazing if he had done it in the early days, but better late than never. In the last few years he has been playing a bit defensively but yet managed to keep the fans happy and the critics silent by continuing to score centuries in both forms of the game. So if we ask why he hasn't accomplished this much earlier, then I guess one possible answer is that he gets tired after playing for a long time :P Think about it - his highest in tests isn't even above 250 while a lot of batsmen have broken the 300 milestone ahead of him. And in the Gwalior match too, he played very less and managed to reach 200 only in the end (that was what the newspaper said), because of cramp. So he's an excellent batsman but his physical strength has its limits, I guess.Well whatever the reason, he made it and made an entire generation proud. So let's be optimistic and forget about why he didn't do it earlier :D Let's hope he gets 7 more centuries in quick succession so that he can become the first to achieve 100 international centuries (or has that bee done before also? :o) As for that Australian batswoman, hats off! It's indeed sad that this fact was ignored by everyone and no one spoke of it in the media.....

This happened a long time ago but I'm hearing about it only now - been out of date with the world for some time. Thanks to youtube I caught the moment and I'm very happy that Tendulkar was the first batsman to achieve this record :P He has contributed a lot to Indian cricket all these years and I really hope he helps India get the world cup this time. It seems to be his only unfulfilled desire, as he's been in numerous world cup teams and even went till the finals but never once got to win. That must be really hard on him. Now he is nearing his career's end although no one knows when exactly he will throw in the towel. I hope he gets to be in the team that wins the 2011 world cup :angel: All the best to the little master!