xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

How Does One Make A Good Comeback At A Forum? :)

Hi everyone - I've kept away from t17 for a while since around two months as life was calling, but now I'm back to my bored state of existence so I'm looking to once again start messing up the clean forums over here :angel: (oh, and I'm not back for the credits; I still have two months before I come back for that reason!) But after two months it seems I've got some kind of writer's block for posting. Earlier I used to get lots of ideas for new threads just by looking at a few old ones. But I've spent over 10 minutes this morning looking at old topics and haven't got any idea for a new one. I tried going over to another forum where I'm a member (it's for creative writers) but I faced the same problem over there too. I'm sure a lot of people over here have gone away and bounced back in a creative manner. Could you give a few suggestions as to how one can make a good comeback at any forum in general? I think there's no sure answer for that question, but it's worth asking for now. Oh, and hi again, everyone :P

Hi everyone - I've kept away from t17 for a while since around two months as life was calling, but now I'm back to my bored state of existence so I'm looking to once again start messing up the clean forums over here :P (oh, and I'm not back for the credits; I still have two months before I come back for that reason!) But after two months it seems I've got some kind of writer's block for posting. Earlier I used to get lots of ideas for new threads just by looking at a few old ones. But I've spent over 10 minutes this morning looking at old topics and haven't got any idea for a new one. I tried going over to another forum where I'm a member (it's for creative writers) but I faced the same problem over there too. I'm sure a lot of people over here have gone away and bounced back in a creative manner. Could you give a few suggestions as to how one can make a good comeback at any forum in general? I think there's no sure answer for that question, but it's worth asking for now. Oh, and hi again, everyone :D

I've pretty much just started on this site, even though I've been a member for a good year now.

I was always told, "Write about what you know," although I sometimes go far and beyond that call of duty (:angel:). What would you say at this moment if a friend were to ask you, "What's up?" Anything interesting you've done when your life was calling?

From your profile you seem interestingly a lot like me...majoring in computers, love to write, and you do web design/development!

hey simpleton. well, i think jonny is on track is saying, "write about what you know". you do know something don't ya? well, i guess when life calls and there are distractions, it's hard to get back in to the groove of things. i hope the distractions were good ones. maybe Xisto is a distraction until you find your niche. who knows. if you are having trouble writing about something at first, visit the news sites for top breaking news stories and comment on them and see if it gets any response. you don't really have to think creatively to come up with new topics that way. also, you might just start by replying to threads that other people started just to get you started writing again. if you're going to school, talk about what you are learning and any opinions you have on the subject. whatever you do, don't think to much on it because you'll spend more thinking than doing.and OFCOURSE you are back for mycents :angel: if you didn't know what to talk about, you wouldn't be back at all. it's always good to keep a nice little reserve of credits though. at lesat a years worth in my opinion because you never know what unexpected circumstances you will have when real life comes your way in unusual ways that prevents you to keep up your hosting without forking over your own cash.

How to create good come back on general forum? Easy, just tell us what make you leave and what'd you do when you leave, what'd you learn out there, and other interesting stuffs so we can think whether it is good or bad... Or for simple things just post a re-introduction threads in the introduction sub forum lol :D Yeah well you said that you had to go because of life and now you're back here because you're bored. Then you stated that you have lost some of your posting creativity while in the fact you just create this new thread titled 'how to make good a one come back at the forum' which i never found on the net. Should i say that you made it? It just a matter of time before you doubled your post count all the way to two thousands :angel: Well then, welcome back again simpleton. Hope we can found more great contribution from you :P

Thank you for the kind words and advice all three of you :P In fact I expected anwiii to be more stern about this matter :o Thanks to FouGilang for the extra welcome! @Jonnyabc - well I don't know about anything in particular - just a bit of this and that :D But it seems to be the most sensible thing to do, and I used to do that a lot when I was active. Well I'm going to try again!@anwiii - well I won't try to convince you that I'm not back for myCENTs, at least not yet. But I will agree that it won't hurt to keep a few extra credits in reserve so that is always welcomed :angel:@FouGilang - you feel I have got back my creativity? I surely hope so! I'm on a mood to go on a posting spree right now although I don't know how well that will go.

Looks like your big plan of coming back failed, eh? It's natural buddy don't worry about it. I too don't find time to be active around here and I remember the forum only when I start getting "overdue" invoices to my mail! :angel: I have no shame in admitting that because to be honest I'm just interested in keeping my part of the deal and post here when I need the credits. That way I'm contributing to the forum and getting my hosting so both sides win. Other than that I really don't have the time really to be active in forums and do a lot of posting. But it looks like you do have an interest in posting a lot and that is evident from your 1k posts of course! If you want to be active then you do have to find time out of your schedule, no matter how busy it is. It doesn't take a lot of while to type out a few lines now and then when you're bored with what you're doing. Don't try to set any particular schedule for posting here. These days the internet is everywhere so hopefully if you have internet wherever you go, you can find time to post a little when you find yourself free even for a few minutes. You could be doing a whole lot of other things in that little time, but do set apart some time for the forums in one of your breaks! If you make this a habit then you will find yourself posting away like crazy and you won't know that you're doing a lot of work!!! So hope this works for you.