xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unknown_99

Torchlight

Have you tried the game called Torchlight? Its a cartoony diablo like game where you can take on three heros, a Destroyer, Vanquisher and an Alchemist. The Destroyer is more physically prone with fighting as shown by his set of skills, the Vanquisher is more advanced with use of pistols, rifles and bows and the Alchemist is the mage of the three, my personal favorite. You play as one hero who explores within several types of dungeons to fight a magnitude of monsters to attain gold, equipment and all forms of loot. The battling is relatively easy to get accustom to and its actually very appealing to the eyes to see so much destruction (yes my own pleasure). There is one home area which serves like a central home for all your items, equipment, scrolls purchases as well as an area to collect more missions, this is the general area you would be spending a lot of your time throughout the game when your not busting skulls. Each player can have one pet to support them, either a tiger/cat thing or a wolf, one of the good features of this game I believe is actually the pet, as in the usual case in an RPG type game, your inventory suddenly becomes full you would have to return to town to sell them but with the pet provided by this game you may send him back to town with just the click of a finger to sell your loot. Plus the pet works like a second inventory bag which makes me very happy considering the bunch of things you find within this game. You may also feed fish to your pet that allows it to transform into different types of monsters as well and different effects in their statistics. Torchlight is about this mysterious ore called Ember which causes people and monsters to attain magical power and also make many mad as well for it's power. The town you start in has a rich amount of Ember within it and as such its your job to defeat these creatures within the Mines as its power is a corrupting influence to many which caused many civilizations to fall. I haven't beaten the game yet but its a fun game to try and did I mention the game is small? Yes its a small game for its price. You should definitely take a look into it, a nice game to spend the time.

Never heard of this one before. Sounds pretty good. I like the story line it reminds me of this book I read. The book is called Desperation written by Steven King where this powerful force is making people go crazy. How much does this cost?

The game is amazingly scalable. It even has a netbook mode (which works awesome BTW) I run it on my gaming PC maxed and respectably on my netbook. It even performs well on a test box at my work. The game itself is totally worth it. Not only for the supporting of a smaller dev but also to see someone make a fun game again. As for naming the cat Rawr, I lol'd. My dog's name is Rawk. :angel: Great right up, I highly recommend this game to everyone that likes old school hack and slash. Think of it as Diablo 2.5.

Deadmad is right. It works in netbooks. I'm currently playing the game in an MSI Wind12 U230. It loads smoothly and works with amazing graphics. As for the game, I love it. It reminds me of Diablo. I heard it was made by the same group of people behind Diablo. I'm currently in Waygate 4. I haven't read any walkthroughs or guide so I have no idea until what waygate it will be. My little brother also loves this game. He played it for almost 24 hours.