xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EOF

Greetings. I come in peace.

X10Hosting had far from "99.9% uptime", HelioHost never validated my registration, and Freehostia and 110mb both turned out to have unusably awkward file managers.So for a free host with cPanel, I take a shot at Xisto. Here's hoping it's at least half as good as it looks.

Welcome.
Seeing you are after hosting here, check this link to understand the system better.

And make sure to read the board rules to avoid getting a warning or a suspension. We have a set of, hmm, unique rules here. They are there to prevent abuse of free hosting so make sure you check them out.

Anyway, tell us a little more about yourself.

And yes, 110mb sucks, they don't even give you MySQL or mail() without a cost even though they say they offer databases and php for free. And their TOS is ridiculous(really, you should read it, it's funny as hell). It's hard to take them seriously with a TOS like that.

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

Well, I started getting into web design a few years ago. I absorbed myself into Javascript (+jQuery), Drupal, CSS hacks, SEO, typography, and other random topics, all just for fun. Since I had tons of theory with barely any practice, I figured I should try X10Hosting (pretty decent minus the downtime). After a couple years, the organization whose site I was maintining flopped, so now I'm just aiming for a personal website with resume, bio, perhaps even a blog (lol).Aside from Javascript, I also use - in decreasing order of familiarity - TI-BASIC, AutoHotkey, Python, and C. As you can tell, "necessity is the mother of invention" here; I simply have never had need of a proper "programming" language. Scripting is also much more practical to start teaching yourself from scratch, as I've never actually taken computer science. C++ gui looks to be a nightmare..Anyway I'm a high school junior who goes by Art offline. Hello!