xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Trusted Or Expert Members Group

Hello,Well I was thinking today now there is no [Hosted] group we should work on some groups which would be easy to reach or set a challenge, This will also encourage members to stay here and keep posting.I was thinking on the lines of groups such as [Trusted]Member or [Expert] this will show to new members that you can trust the information they have given.What do you think?

I was thinking on the lines of groups such as [Trusted]Member or [Expert] this will show to new members that you can trust the information they have given.

Well, I don't think many people lie here, so why do we need a trusted group? Idea wouldn't be that bad... But, people don't usually give off wrong information (then they wouldn't know about the subject) and there's no guarantee that people in this group would never give off misinformation.
Sorry, but this smells more like you want to have a title for yourself and be above others. I know it's cool and all, because you now have 1000+ posts and a custom title isn't enough to express that. I know you better than you think...

The idea is good tho, but this will just be another thing on mods' shoulders and I don't think they need that, we already have a small mod group here and spam is everywhere...

i like your suggestion, but not for your reasons because we already have stages of levels dictated by the amount we post. we also have the custom member title at post 500 or 501.i do like the idea of a new group that has more privlidges like the limited editing feature taken away etc....you know...TRUSTED members that are hand picked by the mods and admin. i still think we need more moderators. i noticed the other day when a spammer come on and posted about 25 spam posts. a moderator or admin was nowhere in site for HOURS. i mean, when the Xisto threads are spammed, and a moderator or admin isn't seen for 6 hours, there is a HUGE problem there. something i have always stated openly wether people believed we didn't more or not. i KNOW we need more. to top it off, his posts got indexed by google. not only that, but his own site got indexed by google with the help of trap and the lack of moderators. he got rewarded. in this case extremely.i also think we need to concentrate the suggestions to how to bring people in, and how to get them to stay active.

I don't pick up on that idea at all, even though it would be nice to have a tittle tag without getting the number of posts required. Like Baniboy had already said, people don't give out wrong information, but if they do, there are least 10 other posts that you can look At and determine what is true yourself or google it:lol: But the mods can make this happen very quickly, it's not likethe mods are working that hard... There are just about 20-30 or less people who can fit in these category. The mods should know all of them, so it will take little time!

Haha... apparently when you say "trusted," people thought "not misguiding with information." Just going out on a limb, but I think Ash-Bash actually means a "trusted member," as in "more privileges."We already have our custom titles, our post counters, spam control, moderators, etc. Why throw out an "elite group" opportunity for a forum? To further separate members from each other? It's not like you actually get anything out of it other than maybe the gloating factor... because I'm not sure about you or anyone else, but I'll continue to look down on idiots, praise good members, applaud improvement, and treat people as they present themselves, not by a title. That works in real life, too... except I just bite my tongue when the douchebag is a superior with direct influence over my career. =)One thing I can add to Ash-Bash's suggestion, however, is maybe as a "trusted member," you'll be able to edit your posts or something small but useful to the user. The custom title was already a nice touch... and I like how people have Spam Control badges, which I'm sure is a form of trust to appreciate another person's judgment. Maybe if you report enough spam topics or plagiarism, you earn badges for Spam Control or COpyright Patrol... COP? =) Could be dumb, but if people are asking for statuses now... probably fits the bill with what Ash-Bash is asking for.I still liked the badge thing we had back in the day... anyone remember that? It was dumb, but at the same time, it was a warm fuzzy feeling to get pats on the back for good posts, which other members could see, and you could give good posters kudos as well as give one-liners and spammers negative feedback. Maybe we can bring that back but not have as many badges (like the WTF? badge... for absurd posting?).

In the past we tried "Reputation" point system. But the forum soon was filled with "if you like my post give me some rep points..." It was just ridiculous. The whole point of posting participation boiled down to earning some rep points.OpaQue got rid of that module when he got fed up with the whole thing. Some members were more focused on rep points than contributing discussions. At the end they were begging by any means--sig, pm, shout, email.IPBoard has auto rank elevation where x number of posts automatically elevates to next group. While I think it would be nice to have mature members who can shine new group name, I would also hope that once they reach their 1000 posts they'll be mature enough not to care about some group they're in--because they gladly participate in our discussion because they love to discuss, not because to achieve extra status.However, we are ever evolving forum. So what is not right today may be right for tomorrow. So don't give up and keep those suggestions coming. :)

Buffalo maybe you could reinstall the reputation system and only allow members with a post count of 1,000 to give rep. You are giving responsible active and mature members this permission not the noobs "Please give rep if i help u" with a post count of 2.I will be sure to give your more idea's in the upcoming future :angel:.

you would still have the same problem as before. the newbies and not so new users will still ask for the rep points. in fact, we already have a rep syste,. anyone can go to their profile to see how they are rated and go to other peoples profile to rate them. unfortunately, i had a good rating before two fake accounts gave me a one star :P now it's back up to 4. probably because of jonny(not to sure who raised my rating from 3 stars)

but i would love for trap to mix things up. even the shoutbox was good for the time being in mixing things up. trying new things is always a bonus to hear the users reactions.

and people would would post and leave a comment to rate them? that would be just totally annoying. i am not here to hear that crap. i am here for quality posts or posts that aren't quality but used sparingly. every amaturish blog and forum has a rating system. it's a cool thing to have. it all starting big when they had those rating sites about 15 years ago. what i DO like about a rating system is that it gets the users more involved. if we do impliment a rating system, i would like to see a unique and original one. this is what trap needs. NEW AN D ORIGINAL that will stand out and get the users to post more and become more interactive.

Buffalo maybe you could reinstall the reputation system and only allow members with a post count of 1,000 to give rep. You are giving responsible active and mature members this permission not the noobs "Please give rep if i help u" with a post count of 2.
I will be sure to give your more idea's in the upcoming future :angel:.

I like Anwii's idea all us members want is some new things that would earn us mycents or give us plenty of fun. The forum seems to have been the same for years now I think its time for a change.

OR, just install Calypso's iReputation system. You can limit the settings so only STAFF can give Reputation to members around the forum for contributing, tutorials, users helping users etc. :angel:

Though you probabley will still have the begging problem in sigs and stuff but to avoid that you could update the rules saying no begging staff for rep.And maybe for every rep point given you get 10 mycents?