xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Lesson For A Lifetime Should Thank God for everything

One more day is comes to an end. Indeed it was a hectic day. At last I stepped into to my home. Sitting on my bean chair exhausted and with my eyes closed my mind wandered here and these. I was grumbling within me. The pressures of work, deadlines to meet, peer pressure, a home to take care of... All these were pulling me down. I felt that I need to take a break. Yes I wanted to run away from all these maddening works. I thought about my school days. O those golden days!! No pressures, no worries. Just go to school, enjoy and come back. Life was too good. But suddenly it struck me that when I was in school I used to think ?How good it would be when I grow up. No school, no scolding, independent.?But now... What is happening? Why has things turned up this way? It was my dream to become a software professional. I used to admire people cladded in professional manner stepping up from buildings which are much higher than what your eyes can reach. Yup I toiled day and night. Studied hard. Earned scholarships. Earned degrees after another. Worked hard. Now I am a CEO of a software company employing 750 people. People call you ? successful?. But somewhere down the line have I missed something?Suddenly an incident came to my mind. An incident that happened that morning. I had bought a burger from a shop nearby as I had no time to cook. I tasted it. Yuck!!! How can people ever eat it? I threw it in the dustbin nearby and I started to walk. Then suddenly a girl turned up. She digged the dust bin. Then she took out the burger that I had thrown and began to eat it. There was greed in her eyes. Yes the for food. On seeing the burger her eyes were filled with joy. Guilt caught me. Things I have taken for granted!!!I woke up and I was a new leaf with my mind renewed. I realized that I have a million things that I have to be thankful about. Yes now I began to thank God about the things I had grumbled. I was reminded of the words that my mom taught me? ?When you are down, when you feel like complaining?think about the people who are less previlaged than you and thank God for the goodness and mercy He has showered upon you.?

This is an amazing story.I always think of the less privileged people in this world, and I try to help, by donating money and other things, food drives, and actually working in a soup kitchen.I guess the moral to your story is to always be happy, always be thankful.. plus you don't know how long you have on this earth, so you might as well always be happy, no point to be negative and down all the time because that just won't be the right way in life.

Amen! I've been feeling very much like that tired feeling for the last few weeks now myself (and I'm in your shoes at the time when you were in college, I guess). Anyways...it's wonderful to hear such a wonderful story, and from someone who is considered "successful". God Bless!

Thanks for sharing this. We often get so caught up in our own lives and delema's that we forget about the important things in life. I always like the saying about how a fellow was feeling sorry for himself because he had no shoes, then he saw a man who had no legs begging on the street. I suppose people who have never miss a meal in their lives may not truely understand what it is like go go hungry. Or homeless. I suppose there is some good that comes from everything. If you have ever experienced hunger or homelessness, you are not so likely to forget it.

i really loved your post. i think it's something we can all learn from and remember from time to time to keep our own selves in check. i really love hearing about other peoples inspirations in life because i think in some way, we all can relate to them. thank you very much for sharing your day!