xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Want To Get A Domain Name From Here But...

hi everyone, i already have a hosting here for my blog. i want now to get a domain name using mycents, but i have some questions and i will be appreciated if you can answer them for me:1- can i get a domain name by mycent even if i didn't registered in the forums just about a month and a half?2- i make a quick search for the domain name that i want and i found it available. so , my question is there a cost for the domain name and for the trasfer, because i saw that in the list of the domain name in xisto? 3- what is difference between parked domain and add on domain?another thing, i hope anyone can point me to a link that show me the instructions to register a domain here using mycents and how to transfer it to my old hostin whic is also here.thank you in advance

1- Yes, I got my .com in only a week of joining trap.2- Domain is $9 annually, with free setup.3- An addon domain is where you can add a domain you got elsewhere and when you update the name servers on that domain, it becomes your website domain, (You will still also have your current domain also if you do this.) so, you can have more then one domain name pointing to your website.A parked domain is when you own a domain, but do not wish to have it associated with a website, simply put, the domain is parked lol, it's inactive but still under your ownership To register a domain with xisto, click the "Order" link and look at the bottom of the page where it says "Domain Registration":)

hi everyone, i already have a hosting here for my blog. i want now to get a domain name using mycents, but i have some questions and i will be appreciated if you can answer them for me:

1- can i get a domain name by mycent even if i didn't registered in the forums just about a month and a half?

2- i make a quick search for the domain name that i want and i found it available. so , my question is there a cost for the domain name and for the transfer, because i saw that in the list of the domain name in xisto?

3- what is difference between parked domain and add on domain?

another thing, i hope anyone can point me to a link that show me the instructions to register a domain here using mycents and how to transfer it to my old host in which is also here.

thank you in advance

It's always suggested to cover the Readme which includes an article on myCents. The other link in the red strip at the top, will take you to the [url="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ & Support website, which is where you make product purchases. You may do so with real money or with myCents, which is updated to your Xisto and Xisto accounts (when you signup with the same email address).

You don't have to worry about how short or long it's been since you've registered or posted in the forums provided your account is still considered active (you could go potentially a year or so before they remove your account from the forums).

There is an annual fee for a domain: $10 per year (for most typical .com / .net / .org websites). This is a standard fee anywhere you go. On top of purchasing the domain name, you will also need to purchase hosting, which they give you several options.

Domain parking is where there is where you or someone else establishes a default site...nothing much, generally a search engine, sometimes provided by the hosting company or advertising company. After registering your domain and before you get your site online, you have some wasted time that you could instead use to your advantage. By setting up some external advertisement on some pages, you could earn some money when people visit your website and click the links. Another definition to a parked domain is one that allows you to forward it on to another website.

Here's a pretty good description for you: %5Burl="https://webnet77.net/ between a sub-domain, parked domain and an add-on domain:

We get asked this question all the time. The answer is actually pretty straightforward:

Sub domain

* Lets say your domain is mysite.com.

* You install a Message Board and put in in a directory called mysite.com/board/.

* You can turn the directory board into a sub-domain by adding it as a sub-domain from your Control Panel.

* Now you can access your Message board as either mysite.com/board OR board.mysite.com

* This costs you nothing and is free.

Parked Domain

* You have two domains mysite.com and my-other-site.com.

* mysite.com is the domain of your website and you want to add my-other-site.com.

* You want them both to go to the same place. In other words, when someone types either http://www.mysite.com/ or http://my-other-site.com/ they will go to the same page(s) on your website.

* In order to have additional parked domains you need to purchase them from a registry.

* Register Parked domains here (open a new account if you don't have one registered)

Add-On Domains

* You have two domains mysite.com and my-other-site.com.

* You want the two domains to be totally separate/independent websites.

* In order to have additional add-on domains you need to purchase them from a registry.

* Register Add-on domains here (open a new account if you don't have one registered)

great information. thank you. but, one more question transferring domain doesn't cost anything. i just wandering transferring means transferring from my subdomain in Xisto now to the new domain i will buy or it is meaning something else. because i am sure there is a cost for the domain name and a cost for transferring.i think i went to the wrong area to register a domain because i get a page containing a shopping cart. sorry for bothering but this is my first time that i buy a domain, i was keeping making websites to others but not for me. another thing, i understand now that is parked domain means make more than one domain point to the same website and add on domain means more than one domain will point to different folder in my root it is something like i want to add forums to my website so i will use an add on domain to put it in different domain name. i hope i am right.any way, that is mean that i should add my new domain to parked domain. and my current subdomain will still work or it will transfer my reader if they use it to not found page.i hope that i am on the right way please verify me if i am wrong?

In case of add-on domain , one that you're doing on Xisto is not going to cost you anything as it is add-on domain. For which you've to follow steps in cpanel. When you transfer domain from one host to another, there comes fee. In your case you are not transferring domain from one company to another, you're in same network right ?Now here is what you've to do. Buy a domain name from Xisto - Support billing area and then go to your cpanel. Use add-on domain feature and add-your new domain to the list. That way you can upload and work with the domains, file manager for that domain from the same cpanel account. In case of any issue in this process you can create thread or better contact Xisto - Support billing area.