xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soviet Rathe

Help Me Name My Website

Hai!
I've almost finished my website and am trying to think of a new name for it. here's what I'm thinking of:
I'd like the name to be short and one word, it should be a made up word like xisto lol, it should be catchy, this can be ignored if the name is good (Domains can be checked here) it must also be .com!
What will my website be about? I will be selling Web Design! and it will also be a community support forum and will have a few more boards (imageboard/downloads/more..) I would think of one myself but I'm stumped lol

yes. please post any good domains so that if one happens to pop up, i can register it before soviet does.

you know, it is HIGHLY suggested that you don't create threads like this because they promote thievery. you do know that domains get bought and sold. some compare them to real estate. believe me....they do get taken from under you if you're not carefull.

also, why are you working backwords? usually, you should pick the name first, and build it around that and the theme

Hai!I've almost finished my website and am trying to think of a new name for it. here's what I'm thinking of:
I'd like the name to be short and one word, it should be a made up word like xisto lol, it should be catchy, this can be ignored if the name is good (Domains can be checked here) it must also be .com!
What will my website be about? I will be selling Web Design! and it will also be a community support forum and will have a few more boards (imageboard/downloads/more..) I would think of one myself but I'm stumped lol

yes. please post any good domains so that if one happens to pop up, i can register it before soviet does.
you know, it is HIGHLY suggested that you don't create threads like this because they promote thievery. you do know that domains get bought and sold. some compare them to real estate. believe me....they do get taken from under you if you're not carefull.

Well I doubt someone will go to the trouble of registering it, paying money. when I'll register it myself before anyone will have the time to lol

also, why are you working backwords? usually, you should pick the name first, and build it around that and the theme

Because, I had already registered one, but after the purpose of my site changed I need a new name.

Hai!I've almost finished my website and am trying to think of a new name for it. here's what I'm thinking of:

Because domain names are being registered by the millions each year, finding a good and available domain name is very hard (I know). But your domain name should also reflect your marketing strategy, for example "priceworthywebdesigns.com" vs. "excellingdesigns.com". See my point?

Hi!Domain names can be stolen, but it is just as easy to think of another domain name to use instead of having to pay the premium for a stolen or lost domain name. There are exceptions - you wouldn't except WalMart to have a website URL like gotowalmart.com and would expect to simply have the name followed by a .com for most organizations. Some folks try to create confusingly similar domain names so when you do type in a URL, you might make a mistake and, for example, would go to googe.com instead of google.com. We would probably expect Google to purchase all of the similar domain names and have them all point back to google.com, but with the browser auto-complete, search toolbars and bookmarks, we don't really type in the URL most of the time and so would get to Google without having typos.BTW, did anyone else notice that the myCENTs haven't been updating recently? I seem to have my myCENT counter stuck for the last 4-5 posts, and all of them were substantial (not one liners, definitely enough to at least make a small difference to the accumulated myCENTs). I'm guessing it will update itself in a couple of hours, but it has always been quick for me so I think there's a problem.

My suggestion is to use a sub-cultured style name for the site, such as Exempt-Designs.com or Graphicaweb.com etc etc. Although you don't have to follow my suggestion, it is just because domain names are hard too find these days at top level, maybe co.cc or something similar...

Wseller Or websales.com webhoster.net something like that or domaintrader.com

a few random suggestions phugalore.com, pixiology.com, or medikopolis.com.... IDK if this is what your looking for, but I thought I would give it a shot :)

Your domain name should be your choice. It should be related to maybe your location, what type of web design (like phpBB3 or custom website design) and really it should be personal, after all, its your website.

Try using .com domains if possible and try to be creative and don't follow the rules :) Use the domain names like LAST.FM,etc. which is kind of creative. Make sure the user remembers the domain name and doesn't forget it easily and also make sure that it looks good on print. But, more than the domain name, it matters most about whats on your website and its content rather than the name.

you will sell a .net domain? haha there are better .net domains than "itneed". if you get any takers on that one, i will be amazed. in fact, i don't even know why you went with a .net in the first place when there are several good .com domains available for hosting sites. people think there are no good .com domains available anymore and that is just not true. sure, the one word domains are all taken, but i bet i could come up with some good 2-3 word names. people just need to be a little more creative.

I will sell you my old domain ITneed.net, I mean ITneed is short and catchy :).

ITneed is short but not catchy at ALL. I don't even know why you picked ITneed in the first place, it is the least original, try something starting in host or domain. Try to make something like getdoma.in using the Indian Domain name '.in' or hostulo.us using the Us domain Name.