xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

No More Free Fishing Free fishing no more

Well I am now really pissed off at the state of New Jersey. I read this morning that come 2011 there will be no more salt water fishing from Docks Piers or the shorelines, only from your own boat or a party boat. This really pisses me off being a fisherman who loves salt water fishing and being I do not own a boat, that means I would have to use a party boat at $35 to $45 USD or pay the $35.00 and another $16.95 for a trout stamp. Is this what it all has come too? MONEY! New Jersey is the only state in the nation that has a price to fish from even there shoreline. Yes it will bring in money for the state but it will also hurt the state as well. People will no longer go to places such as Sandyhook for fishing, or our other beaches, which in turn will take away money for the state. Bait shops will also feel this, being that most party boats buy there bait straight off the docks. How stupid is our Government here? Don't they understand you have to have some things free and you can still make money from it?

Yea, what is the argument to make that law that you can't fish? Why is that better?Maybe a lot of fisherman gets hurt on the cost or the coast is dangerous or something? what is the statistics? Kind of strange, in my country all you need is to pay a fee and you can fish from the coast. :)

Well I am now really pissed off at the state of New Jersey. I read this morning that come 2011 there will be no more salt water fishing from Docks Piers or the shorelines, only from your own boat or a party boat.

I have never fished there to be honest, I can understand what you mean and I personally think that this idea is ridiculous.

This really pisses me off being a fisherman who loves salt water fishing and being I do not own a boat, that means I would have to use a party boat at $35 to $45 USD or pay the $35.00 and another $16.95 for a trout stamp.

Is that how much it costs? :), Much more expensive there then where I live.

Is this what it all has come too? MONEY! New Jersey is the only state in the nation that has a price to fish from even there shoreline. Yes it will bring in money for the state but it will also hurt the state as well.

In the worst cases anglers wont fish at all and/or just go else where. Its to bring money in and rip people of like most states/country's.

I love fishing! I don't fish a lot though. I would like too and the thought of paying that much money for doing a hobby type thing seems ridiculous. I bet up where I live there is license requirements or whatever I'll just keep doing it illegally. Whats the worse thing they can do for not following rules like that? Its a small offense I would think.

That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. What probably happened is some dummy got stuck with a fishing hook in the area, maybe while swimming or playing in the water, and sued the city cause they let people fish there. We loose great things in our lives every day because of idiots who are law suit happy, case in point, now the rest of the customers of McDonalds have to drink half cold coffee because of one stupid woman. Frivoulous law suits hurt everybody. I don't think New Jersey is the only state that charges for fishing, in Missouri you have to buy a fishing licence too. But with the high cost of boat rental, maybe you could buy a little cheap boat, a little flat bottom alunimum boat, or heck, even a canoe! A boat is a boat right? We have a little tiny one, a 2 seater, that's only 6-8 ft long and can easily be set on a flat trailer behind a car, or loaded right up in the back of a pick up truck. I think we paid $350 for it. Found it at the swap meet.

yea all breaks down to money for the state I guess. Money they will use to fill there pockets that the people of New Jersey will never get to see where it "Really Goes". They just will raise taxes so much I guess on everything from Fishing to food. Now I am waiting on the to put a higher price on some of our parks. Yes that I can see. X amount on a Car or SUV, to help keep the parks clean and stuff. But for Fishing? I still say that is Beep.I have talked with a lot of fishing buddy's and we all are in agreement that come 2011 we will all just go up to New York or down to Delaware, to fish.