xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Veradesigns

Help With Price Computer Price

Hi, i currently had this idea of building a computer for my graphics design major.

Here are my specs,

its a Quad i5 processor 3.33 ghz Here 204.00

Ram is about 8 gb DDR3, Here 209.00

1156 socket Motherboard compatible with lintel chip. Here 65.00

2 x 1.5 TB's HDD's Here 189.99

1GB pci-e Video Card Here 129.99

Bulldozer tower Here 99.99

Dont forget the power supply. Here 79.99

If i do happen to sell the computer what should be the price.

Just advice, because i have seen computers like these and they have been over 3k sometimes even 5k, on ebay they don't sell a computer this good i have checked.

Hoping to get this for myself but if it sells hey that means i get more money and i could build one again for myself, or sell it again.

those are some pretty good prices there. don't forget about your network card and cd/dvd drive. also the os if deciding to go with windows.i would think if you put that system together, you could get around $2500 if you're lucky but i would suspect more around the lines of $1900-$2000.fry's is awesome btw. i can browse their electronics section all day.....and HAVE hahaha

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

those are some pretty good prices there. don't forget about your network card and cd/dvd drive. also the os if deciding to go with windows.
i would think if you put that system together, you could get around $2500 if you're lucky but i would suspect more around the lines of $1900-$2000.

fry's is awesome btw. i can browse their electronics section all day.....and HAVE hahaha

Alright seems like a build like this is indeed a hard task but 1k$ of winnings is a must build. Thanks anwiii, also anyone else have their own opinions? The more reply's to my thread the better of a understanding ill have to build this computer in these tough economic times.

Wow what a computer, especially that 1GB Nvidia Geforce card. But I have a question, what is stereoscopic 3D? So what should you be able to do with that? I am just curious. You can play all of the best games and what graphics can you design??

Wow what a computer, especially that 1GB Nvidia Geforce card

Yeh, Amazing.

$2500

Maybe a bit less mate, Not sure many people will pay that, Could be possible though.

yea, i know :D everyone gets lucky once in a while though :) a more realistic price would be $2000. but he's going to have to include things he didn't mention which will bring his cost up. i suspect that if he build it, he can expect an 80% markup as long as he knows how to sell it. i mean, if someone doesn't know how to sell something, then even if it's a great deal, it wouldn't mean much. those are some really good prices on the parts though. even i am amazed at how low fry's is selling them. i think if he searches harder, he can possibly get the parts a little cheaper. although in my personal opinion, frys is the best electronics retailer in the united states, they aren't the cheapest if you look hard. alothough researching it could take a whole day and some of the parts could be over sees and harder to get so it's all about deciding if the time and effort is worth researching further. if one was going to build more than one....let's say 10-20, then it would definately be worth it. but building 1 or 2 may not be.

Yeh, Amazing.

Maybe a bit less mate, Not sure many people will pay that, Could be possible though.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)